First cruise allure of the seas western- what excursions are best for 11 and 13 year old.

Arora

2 hours ago, dejagatkins said:

where does one find the excursion to Paradise Beach? I'm so afraid of food, water, and unknown drivers in Cozumel. Is there a RC excursion to Paradise Beach?

No, Paradise Beach is a third party beach. http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

It's really easy to get there. Walk out of the port area to the taxi stand, and you can easily get a taxi to Paradise Beach. There will be plenty of taxis waiting to take you back when you are ready.

Cozumel is among the easiest ports to do something on your own, and the benefits (cost savings + variety of choices) make doing something on your own very simple and certainly safe enough I have taken my family dozens of times.  

3 hours ago, dejagatkins said:

I'm so afraid of food, water, and unknown drivers in Cozumel.

Copious amounts of tequila before any food, water or drivers will help tremendously. Only problem is, you won't remember the fantastic time you had, especially if you never make it out of the taxi stand! 

Seriously, I, too, have been to Cozumel many times and have never had a problem with the water (be sure to get bottled, to be safe), the food nor the taxi drivers. Keep in mind that Cozumel depends on the tourist traffic and they do not want a reputation like Falmouth! I have made many scuba dives with the dive operators equipment with no problems at all. Enjoy!:27_sunglasses:

I agree about a beach resort in Cozumel.  The ships usually have excursions to Playa Mia. I've done Playa Mia several times on our own. Its a really fun resort with an aqua park but the food is terrible (I'm not a foodie by any means). The last time we went was only because my DD5 wasn't tall enough for the big slides on Liberty and she really wanted to do water slides and she will do those for about an hour. The ship excursions cost more than on our own and we get almost 2 extra hours (an hour on each end) extra by doing it on our own and we still get back about 2 hours before the ship departs. Next time, I plan on trying Mr. Sanchos.

Falmouth, we hired a private driver that was highly recommended on both Trip advisor and CC. He took us to Blue Hole. It is my kids all time favorite excursion (they were 16, 13, 9 and 4 at the time).

If you look at trip advisor or CC, you will see a ton of reviews about excursions. I usually chose an operator that has a lot of reviews. We've never done a ship excursion as we don't like being in the herd and having to do what everyone else wants to do. I like to pick and chose an operator who will cater to my family and their interests. The good ones will not risk you missing the ship as their business would be over if you left a review that you missed the ship.

If your family watches The Amazing Race, try the single day version in Cozumel.  It's a series of puzzles to solve, and your kids will do as well or better than you.  It gets great reviews on Trip Advisor.  Did this with adult children (19 and 22) in May, and they even had fun despite not being Amazing Race fans.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amazingcozumelrace.com/&ved=0ahUKEwi1yNetpsfYAhUl4YMKHeMjD6YQFggwMAE&usg=AOvVaw14iwBFlYmURHEXv2nW5Dzp

On 1/7/2018 at 10:00 PM, Arora said:

How long did the race take?

It takes about 3 hours or so, including instructions.   You can be ultra competitive and run between destinations (the winning team) or go at a leisurely pace.

You end at a restaurant where you get 1 free drink (adult or nonalcoholic), plus chips and salsa.  I think everyone ordered food - you're hungry after the running around - which you have to pay for.

There's still time to shop, but we were there in May and it was HOT so everyone just wanted to get back on ship.