Port Canaveral Hotels/Shuttles

cruisinstyle

First post, so if I break any rules please let me know.

Cruising in 2018 out of Port Canaveral, Sunday to Sunday, two adults. We are flying in and out of MCO, it is $150/person cheaper to fly in the Saturday before so we are looking for a hotel/shuttle deal to get us from the airport, to the hotel, to the ship, and then to the airport. Any suggestions? We are trying to stay around $150/person for the hotel and the shuttle combo at most.  The cheaper the better although we will pay up so as not to stay in a roach hotel.  I have seen some fly-snooze-cruise deals and was trying to look for people that actually used it and their experiences with it.

Cheers!

40 minutes ago, cruisinstyle said:

First post, so if I break any rules please let me know.

Cruising in 2018 out of Port Canaveral, Sunday to Sunday, two adults. We are flying in and out of MCO, it is $150/person cheaper to fly in the Saturday before so we are looking for a hotel/shuttle deal to get us from the airport, to the hotel, to the ship, and then to the airport. Any suggestions? We are trying to stay around $150/person for the hotel and the shuttle combo at most.  The cheaper the better although we will pay up so as not to stay in a roach hotel.  I have seen some fly-snooze-cruise deals and was trying to look for people that actually used it and their experiences with it.

Cheers!

I have heard nothing but good things about "Go Port Canaveral".  Here is the website: https://www.goportcanaveral.com/

They have different packages that sound like what you are looking for with different prices ranges.  Basically they will pick you up from MCO and take you to your hotel and to the port.  Then, on the return they will pick you up from the terminal and back to the airport.  I have never tried it myself but have heard great reviews.  We personally have gone from Port Canaveral 3 times in the past and have flown to MCO, stayed at the Hyatt Regency on site (not having to leave the airport is great), and then have taken the shuttle through the cruise line the next morning from the airport.

We usually do a one-way car rental from the airport to Cape Canaveral and then do a [Royal] bus shuttle back to the airport from the pier but honestly, if you can get it all done through a single contact (GoPortCanaveral) I would probably say go for that.  The only advantage of doing the one-way rental is that you have the car to use for the entire day and night while you are staying in CC.  If you aren't interested in doing anything at Canaveral then I would say just do the shuttles and enjoy the hotel.

We did GoPortCanaveral and had a good experience.  A couple of points of caution/advice:

1) Our flight landed late the night before.  Because of that, we could not get a package with a hotel in Cocoa Beach, we had to stay in Orlando.  The hotel was nice, but that lead to the issue in #2.

2) Your shuttle from the hotel in Orlando to PC will not pick up until after 11:30.  With the 45-60 minute bus ride (I assumed more as it would go to multiple hotels) it would be later than we wanted to get to the Port.  What we did however is had GPC schedule our pickup location as the airport instead.  We took an uber from the hotel to the airport (since the hotel shuttle was full), and were on our way to PC around 9:30.  Got to the port at 10:30 and checked in.  One of the first people on the ship. 

So my suggestion on that experience would be to either make sure your flight gets in early enough to stay in the Cocoa Beach area that day before, or see about getting back to the airport for pickup.  

When we go on our next cruise, we are going to rent a car, but we will have our 4 year old with us, so we will like the addition of a car seat.