Allure OTS Helipad ??

rjac

1 minute ago, jce2 said:

I play D&D does that count?  But seriously, I assume this is unique to Allure.  I had the impression i would have no problem going to the helipad on Liberty to star gaze....

Freedom class (inc. Liberty) has public access to the helipad.  Oasis and Quantum class do not.

Sometimes at night they close access to the helipad on Freedom class presumably so they have a dark forward view to scan the seas in front of them so star gazing isn't always an option from the helipad but for the most part it is open public access.  

11 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Just out of curiosity, why is it like that?

Quantum doesn't have a helipad :3_grin:

Just ship design I guess.  Providing public access requires walkways and design changes that I guess just couldn't be incorporated.  On Oasis it would be great as a means to stay connected to the sea.  

On Anthem they sold a photo package on the "winch pad".  The ad showed a newlywed couple having their picture taken out there.  

5 hours ago, rjac said:

Is it possible to gain access to the Alure OTS helipad during the sail away from the Ft. Lauderdale port on embarkation day, or is this just available to the D & D+ folks?  And what about cruise days, same question. Thanks! :27_sunglasses:

@rjac , if you go all the way forward on the port side on deck 14 (you will walk past a bunch of room's/doors) there is a door that allows you to get out to the bridge wing. If you look at the deck plan it looks like you have access from both sides, but to my knowledge it is the port side only. If you go to the very front of the Solarium you can look down at them. This is a favorite for sail away so you might have to stake a claim early.

Harmony has this feature but you get to it from the Solarium, plus it is glass bottom.

39 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

@rjac , if you go all the way forward on the port side on deck 14 (you will walk past a bunch of room's/doors) there is a door that allows you to get out to the bridge wing. If you look at the deck plan it looks like you have access from both sides, but to my knowledge it is the port side only. If you go to the very front of the Solarium you can look down at them. This is a favorite for sail away so you might have to stake a claim early.

Harmony has this feature but you get to it from the Solarium, plus it is glass bottom.

Thanks Tiny. Will check out deck 14 next March. The Solarium may not work with my grandkids, they are under 16 years old and from what I remember no kids under sixteen are allowed in the Solarium.  

2 minutes ago, rjac said:

Thanks Tiny. Will check out deck 14 next March. The Solarium may not work with my grandkids, they are under 16 years old and from what I remember no kids under sixteen are allowed in the Solarium.  

Ok, understand the grand kids, I think on the first day you should be good though, maybe not to many bossy, snooty people at the Solarium yet...

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Ok, understand the grand kids, I think on the first day you should be good though, maybe not to many bossy, snooty people at the Solarium yet...

I like the idea of deck 14. Open air, open sea, be really cool heading out of the port in Ft. Lauderdale. Can't wait to see the looks on their faces!:27_sunglasses:

10 hours ago, rjac said:

Is it possible to gain access to the Alure OTS helipad during the sail away from the Ft. Lauderdale port on embarkation day, or is this just available to the D & D+ folks?  And what about cruise days, same question. Thanks! :27_sunglasses:

Suite Guests and D+ get an invite to a sunset sail away at one of the ports. On Thanksgiving (Harmony) it was Labadee and the highlight of our cruise! The views were spectacular and we can’t wait to do it again.

• 5 years later...
On 12/19/2017 at 6:04 PM, tonyfsu21 said:

Suite Guests and D+ get an invite to a sunset sail away at one of the ports. On Thanksgiving (Harmony) it was Labadee and the highlight of our cruise! The views were spectacular and we can’t wait to do it again.

I was just on Harmony last month, we are Pinnacle.  And had  no invite to Helipad?

11 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

You live in Montana and you are Pinnacle? Wow.

I made Pinnacle while living in CO.  It was because of flying that I did a lot of B2B or B3B which helped accelerate Pinnacle.

Since I was getting on airplane for every cruise it opened the door to sail from anywhere.  Rather than focusing on the ships that are near me like I do now that I am in Florida, back then I could sail from Bayonne, Galveston, Los Angeles, Miami, Baltimore, Seattle, New Orleans, Port Canaveral, Tampa, Vancouver, Barcelona, San Juan, etc.  and it didn't matter since I had to pay for a flight regardless.  Affordable flights played into the decision making process as much as cruise fare.  Since I was paying for a flight I might as well make it a B2B and sail twice.  

Ironically if I lived close to a port I'd probably would have done a lot more shorter cruises and it may have taken longer to reach 700.   

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I made Pinnacle while living in CO.  It was because of flying that I did a lot of B2B or B3B which helped accelerate Pinnacle.

How did double cruise points factor into this?  We have a long way to go for Pinnacle but we jumped up quickly to Diamond Plus with one long cruise in a suite.  We had FCC's to use and we wanted to use them all at once.

We spend a month or two in Florida during the winter and usually do a cruise or two when they are less expensive during January and February.  Being retired allows us to get away from here.  I'm not so sure I would want to live in Florida year round though.  I like Florida ... but not as much during the summer.  We would rather drive to Colorado in the summer.

7 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

How did double cruise points factor into this?  We have a long way to go for Pinnacle but we jumped up quickly to Diamond Plus with one long cruise in a suite.  We had FCC's to use and we wanted to use them all at once.

We spend a month or two in Florida during the winter and usually do a cruise or two when they are less expensive during January and February.  Being retired allows us to get away from here.  I'm not so sure I would want to live in Florida year round though.  I like Florida ... but not as much during the summer.  We would rather drive to Colorado in the summer.

I made Pinnacle before the pandemic so the double points promo during the restart wasn't a big thing for me.  There's no climbing the CAS ladder any higher,  I cruise because I like to cruise.  That being said the double points promo did help me reach a milestone that was awarded with a free cruise but that was inevitable, the points promo just brought it to me a few months ahead of schedule.