Independence 12/21/17 9 Night Christmas

twangster

29 minutes ago, rjac said:

So, how long will you be in dry dock until your next cruise, and which ship? Need to put that date on my calendar so I won't miss your blog! Safe travels and Happy New Year!:27_sunglasses:

With increased Voom pricing I'm rethinking how I make Voom purchases.  I may go without or wait and purchase mid cruise depending on itinerary.   (My cell plan includes data in the islands.)

I tend to take longer or B2B cruises so $160-$300+ for internet is getting too expensive for the reward.  A 12% price hike when you sail 4-6 cruises per year adds up.   This year almost $1k for ship internet.  

Also keep in mind only a handful of ships offer O3b Voom.  Most ships still use the old technology so that makes a 12% increase even less palatable.   

It was $11.99 for Surf and Stream on Symphony so I bought it for the Transatlantic.   If they cancel that and offer it higher I'll likely skip it. 

I can always do recap blogs like Alaska.  

40 minutes ago, twangster said:

With increased Voom pricing I'm rethinking how I make Voom purchases.  I may go without or wait and purchase mid cruise depending on itinerary.   (My cell plan includes data in the islands.)

Like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", didn't we hear that not too long ago?  lol ?

41 minutes ago, twangster said:

It was $11.99 for Surf and Stream on Symphony so I bought it for the Transatlantic.   If they cancel that and offer it higher I'll likely skip it. 

Wait? What?  What do you mean if they cancel that??

Just now, Sabrinaklai said:

Like "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", didn't we hear that not too long ago?  lol ?

Wait? What?  What do you mean if they cancel that??

WOLF!

RC was recently busted canceling excursions sold at discounted prices stating it's no longer offered.  Only to offer the same excursion at a higher price 

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

Surf & Stream offered for $11.99 during the same month they raised prices for Voom.  I'm hoping they are trying to encourage social media on Symphony but it's equally possible it was a mistake and they might cancel it.  

Well let's all hope they don't for our sake.  You're on the TA, which means great first detailed look for all of us of the Symphony! 

Fabulous photos! We were also on this sailing and had a fantastic time! Even spotted our group swimming in one of your shots in St. Maarten. This was my first RC cruise and I can't wait to book my next. I sailed with 18 family members -- celebrating a Christmas birthday and my parent's 50th Anniversary. We met the husband of the couple that missed the ship in St. Kitts while on a catamaran excursion in Antigua. Before we departed the ship that day, the captain announced that he extended the all aboard time by an hour so they thought all aboard time was 5:30 instead of 4:30. They returned to the dock at 5:10 but the ship left at 4:55. They felt absolutely horrible -- the wife has a condition that doesn't allow her to fly and she uses a ventilator for part of the day. The captain absolutely made the right decision to return to get them.

I think I need a week to recover from all the fun. Just made it back to California yesterday and can't wait to go through my photos and finish my notes. Thanks for all your beautiful photos!

2 hours ago, Skigoofy said:

Fabulous photos! We were also on this sailing and had a fantastic time! Even spotted our group swimming in one of your shots in St. Maarten. This was my first RC cruise and I can't wait to book my next. I sailed with 18 family members -- celebrating a Christmas birthday and my parent's 50th Anniversary. We met the husband of the couple that missed the ship in St. Kitts while on a catamaran excursion in Antigua. Before we departed the ship that day, the captain announced that he extended the all aboard time by an hour so they thought all aboard time was 5:30 instead of 4:30. They returned to the dock at 5:10 but the ship left at 4:55. They felt absolutely horrible -- the wife has a condition that doesn't allow her to fly and she uses a ventilator for part of the day. The captain absolutely made the right decision to return to get them.

I think I need a week to recover from all the fun. Just made it back to California yesterday and can't wait to go through my photos and finish my notes. Thanks for all your beautiful photos!

Thanks for details on the St Kitts delay.   It was confusing with the Captain making the announcement upon arrival.  I was on a top deck later when the cruise director made the announcement adding be back on board at 4:30.   At that point hundreds had already disembarked.  

EDIT - just checked my Cruise Compass and it stated 4:30 back on board.  So with the Captain announcing he was giving us an extra hour in St. Kitts and extending our stay I'd go far as to suggest this was his fault.  

• 1 month later...