Royal Caribbean Web page

greenline627

Well the web page is at it again I can't see the cruise I booked I wanted to get to the cruise planner. When i go to the part where it says if you don't see your reservation and put the information in and I keep getting we can't process your request. I called Royal and they can see my cruise. I tried 3 different web browsers.  This is not the first time this has happened. Royal does not know why its happening anyone have any ideas. This is a new computer its an imac if that makes any difference.

Ed

Ed, I have a brand new iMac myself and was logged in to the cruise planner yesterday, using Safari, with no issues. Have also logged in with Chrome a couple of times when the site was giving me trouble in Safari, or I wanted to make sure I wasn’t getting stale info from stuck cache data.

The website works equally as it always has for me. 

Ironically rccl.com wouldn't resolve while on Anthem so i couldn't get my luggage tags but that is working now from land.  My luggage tags for Indy show me as Gold C&A which I stopped being several months before I even booked Indy so basically the website is perfectly normal and as screwed up as it always has been.

9 hours ago, greenline627 said:

Did you buy it from Apple or another place I got mine thru B+H in New York City and saved a few hundred dollars.

I bought it directly through Apple, but that shouldn't make any difference. Their hardware and software are the same regardless of seller, as they're like Sony in insistence on quality control and vigilance against knock-offs. As others here said, using Incognito / Private browser tabs can often clear out issues with things like login or seeing the latest updates to the pages.

If you got yours for a few hundred off, it may be that it was the previous-generation model that needs inventory cleared out; also like Sony, Apple never allows their stuff to be sold at any kind of big discount unless it's older models that the seller needs to move to make room for the newest model. The most I've ever seen current-model gear discounted, even at typically major sale days like Black Friday, is a paltry $50 (and then only if they're not doing something like giving gift cards or a free set of Beats wireless headphones).

No it was the mid-2017 model I asked B+H they said they buy so many Computers from Apple they get good prices. B+H is a giant store in New York City they sell high end cameras also plus other electronics. It was the 21.5 iMac with 4K Display Mid 2017.  Y0u can check at B+H.com its not selling for what I paid anymore it was 1179.00. You get free shipping also.

Still can't log into my cruises on my computers I can of my Ipad which is strange.

On 12/16/2017 at 11:24 AM, PRC said:

Royal's site seems to be much more picky than most.  Being a Chrome user, I just use incognito mode to go there and thus no issues.

HOw do you sett your computer to incognito mode? I use my work computer usually to check RC and it keeps saying "whoops, the website must be down call RC", then I go on my Mac and it's fine. Frustrating!

I live in NJ and have bought a few things from B&H, they're definitely a good vendor. But this iMac (the latest 27" 5K model) couldn't be one of them. I bought a build-to-order model, and Apple only sells those through its web site. Vendors like B&H only get stock configurations.

I wish I could figure out why you're unable to log in to the Royal site on your computer. But if the iPad option is working, at least you have a solution at hand.

One thought, which does get a little technical. If you go into Safari's preferences and click on Advanced, there's a checkbox at the bottom of that panel that says "Show Develop menu in menu bar". If you check that off, you'll see the new menu at the top of the screen in between Bookmarks and Window. After enabling that, you'll have an option in that window labeled "Empty Caches". You might want to try clicking that while you're not on the RCI site, then quit and restart your browser again. After that, you may find that now when you log in, your cruises are properly showing in the My Cruises page again.

I don't really get why Apple hides the cache clearing function this way, when all other browsers make it an up-front option (though still tucked away in the Advanced section of their preferences screens). It's (sadly) a still-common way to resolve problems with stale data hanging around.

Yesterday I tried to add people to my Chops Grill reservation on the cruise planner.  It wouldn't let me do it.  So I called RC.  At first they said it was my charge ....which I knew was not accurate info.... but I gave him a second card.  It wouldn't go thru then either... so I knew something was up.    It ended up to be their system...he couldn't get it to  work.  He said it is confirmed, but that the Restaurant Dept would contact me to let me know it was complete....but it was definitely their site.  And he had to get a supervisor to figure out what was going on.

There is a big push at Royal to embrace and add technology to their onboard product, and I can see definite advantages to doing so.  I may be older, but after 35 years in IT I will be their biggest supporter. 

That said, I have always felt that their online systems have been "Quirky" and "Fragile" for years, and really wish there was a bigger effort to eliminate those issues.  

5 hours ago, PRC said:

There is a big push at Royal to embrace and add technology to their onboard product, and I can see definite advantages to doing so.  I may be older, but after 35 years in IT I will be their biggest supporter. 

That said, I have always felt that their online systems have been "Quirky" and "Fragile" for years, and really wish there was a bigger effort to eliminate those issues.  

Hmmm, might have my next career move staring at me. Do employees get good (any) discounts on bookings? :3_grin:

Called RCI this morning do not like to complain but no help what so ever kept saying it’s on my end that they never heard of the problem i am having right after saying they are having web site problems. It seem that when they put my info in there computer it works. I told them tried two different desk top computers and 3 different browsers and it does not for me. It used to work on my iPad but now I cannot open my cruise planner or reservation. It does show up on my laptop that I have this cruise for the dates but I can’t open it. 

I then called C+A and talked to a person who tried to help me but no matter what he told me to try it did not work. He also mentioned that they are having web site problems and added my concerns to them. Some time back this happened to me before can’t remember when but it only lasted like a day or so.  At this point I don’t have a clue what’s going on just so frustrating. 

@greenline627, do keep in mind that if you were trying to view your reservation details / pull up Cruise Planner while an RCI rep was looking at your reservation, you'll be blocked with a message that it's currently being modified. I found that one out the first time I had to call them to handle rebooking an excursion when the site wouldn't take my card for some reason.

3 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I found that one out the first time I had to call them to handle rebooking an excursion when the site wouldn't take my card for some reason.

I had that problem for a few weeks, until I realized one of my browser extensions was causing the issue.  As soon as I uninstalled the extension, my CC went through on Cruise Planner purchases.  Doubt it's related to your issue, but it reminded me of it.

Update on web page problems. I called RCI and they were of no help what so ever. I then called C+A and talked to an agent who tried to help me but nothing worked he said he would make some notes and pass it on. I then got on RCI Facebook page and posted my problems there and in a very short time I got a message and ask for my email and loyalty number which I gave them. I got a message back saying they would open a ticket number and work on it.

In the mean time I kept trying ways to get it to work and even though it did not work before I tried Firefox and the private window again and now my reservation shows up and I can access my reservation. Still not sure why it does not work by just going to the page but i will wait and see what answer I get back I hope this method continues to work. Will pass on what I get back from RCI.