Crown and Anchor On Board Offers Comparison

twangster

While on Anthem recently I dropped by the Loyalty desk and saw they had these out so I thought it would be a good "moment in time" snapshot of the current Crown and Anchor on board offers for various levels of the society.  

Gold.PDF

Platinum.PDF

Emerald.PDF

Diamond.PDF

Diamond Plus.PDF

That's a great question.  Since these are on board offers they could vary by ship and over time.  I wouldn't take these as a promise what you might see in the future which is why they are a snap shot in time.

The gold, platinum and emerald offers above are consistent with what I've experienced on other ships this year. 

Hopefully this post can be a time capsule to look back on from the future and compare.  

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

Have you seen any offers/incentives for future cruise booking from the NextCruise desk?

*Up to $600 in instant or on-board credits

*A bunch of fine print that translates into you are unlikely to get $600 unless you book star class suites during a super moon that falls between harvest moons.

In reality you usually get some sort of OBC but it varies by sailing and may be nothing which was the case with my last Next booking on Anthem for a super cheap last minute deal.  It all depends what promos are running at the time.  A 12 night balcony booking netted me $200 OBC from Next but at the expense of $100 OBC being offered to anyone on the internet.  So in the end I got an extra $100 OBC because of Next compared to just booking on the internet.

With the $55M dollar loss from hurricanes this year I suspect Next is being restricted on what they can offer at the moment.

Next is run by the Crown and Anchor Society team.

3 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

I didn't think Next was ever able to offer a better deal than on land, except for the little bit of extra OBC ? Not true ?

That is my understanding as well.  Some additional OBC but no different pricing.  Sometimes depending on timing you might have access to make future booking a day before folks on land.  They also announced the ability to save 10% off shore excursions for future bookings at NextCruise but I didn't try to find out the fine print of that offer.

We booked several onboard over the last year or so. We did our homework prior to boarding so the pricing was in hand. The only thing it got you was some OBC, but when booking a T/A, that was $250. I would then do some WIFI calling to the travel agent and transfer the booking for what perks they were giving on that sailing like free gratuities(grats on T/A are over $400) or some OBC.

We could (and did) end up with over $600 OBC for the longer sailings and would only have to put down the $250 for the reservation.

It doesn't amount to a whole lot on short cruises though, as little as $50 for a 5 day we just booked on our last sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is just a one-time offer....not for every drink.

sorry, i should have typed my question a little clearer. That makes more sense. Deluxe drink package I think will need adding for our next cruise. 

Does anybody know if you have diamond status if that gets you any additional discount from the package ?

I am emerald, the Mrs is diamond, once we are married in Feb I have been told I can take the same crown and anchor status as her. 

I am logging in with my details at the moment, I just wondered if we used hers would this knock the price down a little ... (wishful thinking... ?)

2 minutes ago, pmanchester said:

sorry, i should have typed my question a little clearer. That makes more sense. Deluxe drink package I think will need adding for our next cruise. 

Does anybody know if you have diamond status if that gets you any additional discount from the package ?

I am emerald, the Mrs is diamond, once we are married in Feb I have been told I can take the same crown and anchor status as her. 

I am logging in with my details at the moment, I just wondered if we used hers would this knock the price down a little ... (wishful thinking... ?)

Not that I know of.  The % off the price of the package begins with D+.

23 minutes ago, pmanchester said:

If you share the same address, you can call Crown & Anchor now and have her status applied to you as you are a significant other/domestic partner.

The NextCruise has stopped the standard OBC offering for booking the first three days..no raffle. I was told it wouldn’t be offered next week also. This is just the OBC raffle that applies to the current sailing. However they just announced that they will be giving away a autographed ship from the Captain. Things are tighter these days. 

46 minutes ago, mworkman said:

The NextCruise has stopped the standard OBC offering for booking the first three days..no raffle. I was told it wouldn’t be offered next week also. This is just the OBC raffle that applies to the current sailing. However they just announced that they will be giving away a autographed ship from the Captain. Things are tighter these days. 

Is that fleewide or just for your trip?   We had the raffle on Anthem two weeks ago.

These have been around since Dec 2018 when I first was a C&A member on a second cruise.  They are offered on all ships from what I understand.  You should get a letter in your stateroom when you board or shortly after with this information.  If you do not, ask your stateroom attendant or it's possible for the bar's to print them out for you on a receipt though it's less clear what they are compared to the letter.  What twangster posted for Gold is what we saw on our 1/5/2020 FOTS sailing.

Last cruise on HOS..I didn't see any offers for me..usually they were on a sheet in the cabin......not that it matters as I have never won on those spins or really used any of the other offers but still.....

They still did offer the $300OBC raffle offer with Next Cruise for booking in first 3 days..but that was in Nov/2019.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 1:15 PM, CruisinUpinLife said:

These have been around since Dec 2018 when I first was a C&A member on a second cruise.  They are offered on all ships from what I understand.  You should get a letter in your stateroom when you board or shortly after with this information.  If you do not, ask your stateroom attendant or it's possible for the bar's to print them out for you on a receipt though it's less clear what they are compared to the letter.  What twangster posted for Gold is what we saw on our 1/5/2020 FOTS sailing.

Good to know! I'll definitely keep an eye out since we're officially platinum now. I do like deals

On 12/15/2017 at 12:52 PM, twangster said:

While on Anthem recently I dropped by the Loyalty desk and saw they had these out so I thought it would be a good "moment in time" snapshot of the current Crown and Anchor on board offers for various levels of the society.  

Gold.PDF

Platinum.PDF

Emerald.PDF

Diamond.PDF

Diamond Plus.PDF

Thanks Twangster!  good to know!

• 2 years later...