First Drink on Board

mamabdw

Guest toodle68

Not the expected answer... but a flavored water drink in windjammer.   After all that countdown, packing, travel, etc..  to finally be sat at a table in windjammer, it is the first moment that we relax.  

24 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

For me it is usually the frozen mojito.....or sometimes just a cold beer depending on how the night before went..lol.

I go for a long island ice tea.  The last couple cruises I tried to get a mojito but they never had the mint and would't make one.  Took hours until any bar had it.

1 hour ago, arebee said:

I go for a long island ice tea.

::shudder::

Haven't been able to drink one of those (or anything with gin in it) since my 21st birthday (and the awful, terrible, no-good day after).

Count me down for a margarita as my first beverage of choice! But top-shelf tequila, please; I'll happily pay whatever overage above the package limit it costs me.

45 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

You haven't tasted a bad LIIT until you've had one made by the robot bartender.  UGH.  Worst drink I've ever tasted.  That was our first and only trip to visit the robot bartender.

Oh, the LIITs I had on my 21st birthday all tasted fine when I had them. All three of them. In about an hour.

Problem was the next day when I woke up still drunk and tasting gin residue. And then a few hours later when I was getting another variety of gin flavor, if you catch my drift.

5 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Count me down for a margarita as my first beverage of choice! But top-shelf tequila, please; I'll happily pay whatever overage above the package limit it costs me.

I second this one! Margarita for me too! Although on Harmony I completely fell in love with the the Bellini at the Trellis bar.

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

You haven't tasted a bad LIIT until you've had one made by the robot bartender.  UGH.  Worst drink I've ever tasted.  That was our first and only trip to visit the robot bartender.

I've heard they weren't too good, at least you don't feel like you have to tip...

• 3 weeks later...

On Oasis my first goto drink has to be a Moscow Mule from the Champagne Bar (made with fresh ginger and lime juice).

Next inline would be something that spent some time in a barrel. Pass on anything made from grapes.

Fail safe, Absolut Vanilia and Coke Zero.

• 2 weeks later...