Barcelona Hotels

murphmatic

I'm also haven't booked a hotel in Barcelona for Symphony's TA. Can only tell you what NOT to book - Hotel SB Diagonal Zero Barcelona. We had a room for 3 nights in October and weren't impressed. The hotel is right next to a construction site and from the looks of it it won't be finished in October.

On second thought, on my CC roll call they're praising Hotel Continental so maybe that's an option for you. Not for me, it's already booked solid with TA cruisers :4_joy:

Hotel Jazz looks great but is fully booked when we need it. Not so impressed with Colón especially considering the price. Hubby just booked us in Hotel Barcelona Catedral right between Las Ramblas and Barri Gótic. Recommendations sound promising and we got a reasonable deal for it (about 225 $). It's only one night so if it's not as good as it seems we will manage :13_upside_down:

After looking through more than a few hotel recommendations from CC and just bumping around the internet we went with AC Hotel Diagonal L’Illa. I’m a Marriott Rewards member and that’s usually were I start looking. €152 ($179) a night for two nights. It’s in/on a mall. Reviews seem decent. 

Still open to other hotels. That rate can be cancelled without penalty. 

Hi @murphmatic

Went to Barcelona a few years ago and stayed at https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187497-d623893-Reviews-Hotel_Villa_Emilia-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Was great little hotel in a good spot - probably about 20 minute walk from top of Las Ramblas one direction and about 15 minutes to Font Magica in the other direction. 

About 20-30 minutes by taxi to cruise terminal based on Google Maps!

In 2016 I stayed in a Hilton Diagonal Mar, very nice newer/modern hotel wasn't really close to any of the tourist stuff like Las Ramblas, but was a short taxi ride, directly next to a mall with a grocery type store for bottled water and such, easy walk to a beach as well. RCCL has shuttle service to the port, roof top pool that seemed to attract a younger party crowd on the weekends, we stayed here before and after our Mediterranean cruise.

With recent events in Barcelona I would feel very safe at  this hotel.

5 hours ago, twangster said:

I didn't realize I needed to start looking at hotels this far out.  Guess I better start :8_laughing:

My (maybe flawed) opinion: like booking the cruise as early as possible booking the hotel this early (or earlier) allows you to see if you are getting a good deal. 

16 hours ago, tiny260 said:

In 2016 I stayed in a Hilton Diagonal Mar, very nice newer/modern hotel wasn't really close to any of the tourist stuff like Las Ramblas, but was a short taxi ride, directly next to a mall with a grocery type store for bottled water and such, easy walk to a beach as well. RCCL has shuttle service to the port, roof top pool that seemed to attract a younger party crowd on the weekends, we stayed here before and after our Mediterranean cruise.

With recent events in Barcelona I would feel very safe at  this hotel.

Our last hotel was also next to the Diagonal Mar shopping centre. Apart from a taxi you can also use the Metro (underground) station Maresme/Forum , streetcar stations El Maresme or Forum - or if you want to do some sightseeing - the hop on hop off lines stop in front of the Hilton.