Cruise Monitoring Websites

Hi Guys,

I've now booked and paid for four cruises and feel like I've paid the maximum amount possible for cabins. I want to do everything I can for my next booking to save a few $$$. I plan to book the next cruise while onboard Radiance next week and I'm booking a cruise thats 11 months away.

I have two questions.

Does anybody use the cruise monitoring websites like www.cruisefaremonitor.com to monitor there cruise price? If so, is there better options (that specific website charges you).

I'm hoping to get the special currently on for buy 1 get 1 50% off with up to $400 credit. If I take that offers like that are you excluded from calling up and getting a cheaper price for my cabin or perhaps getting cheap upgrades in the future?

Thanks in advance

Luke.

I'm hoping to get the special currently on for buy 1 get 1 50% off with up to $400 credit. If I take that offers like that are you excluded from calling up and getting a cheaper price for my cabin or perhaps getting cheap upgrades in the future?

I've heard rules are different in UK and I know you're from Australia, but in US you can re-price your cruise up to final payment date.  So if you book this current deal and price drops $1 (or $1000) tomorrow, you can re-book.  

Keep in mind that one danger of rebooking is let's say price drops $50, re-booking after this BOGO 50% off deal is over could result in losing out on your onboard credit offer you get.

I havent had any luck using those sites. I have never been able to use them to find a better deal, I find them hard to follow and  make no sense. At least the one I was recomened to use anyways.

I personally just check the site every day, check the different sales and promo's etc they have.

When I see what I think is a deal I book it. Untill final payment you can always call and get a cheaper deal if it goes down. After final pyt date, you cannont, but you can upgrade if you wanted to if for example the price of a balcony cabin came down and you wanted to pay the little extra to upgrade from your inside/outside room.

It's a big game it seems, compared to my experience in booking and travelling at All Inclusive resorts all around the Caribbean!

I havent had any luck using those sites. I have never been able to use them to find a better deal, I find them hard to follow and  make no sense. At least the one I was recomened to use anyways.

I've had great luck with CruiseFish.net. It's not perfect, as I've read about some deals at Cruise Critic before I received e-mail from CruiseFish, but I have managed to lower the price on some bookings or get free or very cheap upgrades in the days leading up to sailing. For me, it's well worth the ~$1/sailing price they charge. Plus, I like that I can look up price histories for older sailings to get an idea of how pricing might change in the future for similar sailings. That was useful for planning some last-minute bookings where we bought the airfare in advance, but waited until about three weeks ahead of sailing to book the cruise in order to catch some last-minute price drops. That's rather effective for short 3- and 4-night cruises.

All great advice thank you! It does lead me to ask another question. Does anybody have experience paying for a cruise in another currency? Unfortunately the Aus$ has fallen off its purch recently but it still might be worthwhile. I've had RCCL tell me I'm not allowed to do that but I also met a lovely American travel agent on a cruise who said it didn't matter. Does anybody have experience with this?

Thanks again

Luke.

I've had great luck with CruiseFish.net. It's not perfect, as I've read about some deals at Cruise Critic before I received e-mail from CruiseFish, but I have managed to lower the price on some bookings or get free or very cheap upgrades in the days leading up to sailing. For me, it's well worth the ~$1/sailing price they charge. Plus, I like that I can look up price histories for older sailings to get an idea of how pricing might change in the future for similar sailings. That was useful for planning some last-minute bookings where we bought the airfare in advance, but waited until about three weeks ahead of sailing to book the cruise in order to catch some last-minute price drops. That's rather effective for short 3- and 4-night cruises.

Thats the site I use, and I have yet to figure it out, or find any price that matches from the fish site, to when I actually go to RCI to confirm the pricing....maybe I am just not grasping it.....it obviously works for others...but I have been checking it for months with no sucess.

I actually got myself a deal by checking the RCI website, doing mock bookings, and then had to call to get them to change my reservation for the better deal...

CruiseFish will automatically assume double occupancy and account for the BOGOHO sale pricing and it appears to match reality for me.

Looking at my upcoming cruise on Independence of the Seas on March 14, 2015, in a Promenade cabin, CruiseFish reports that the price is $899/person. Royal Caribbean's site also reports $899/person (actually as $1199/person - $600).

Taxes and fees aren't counted here and are added to Royal Caribbean's "Summary of Charges" info.

I assume that you're looking at CAD. I was comparing USD here. CAD may be somehow presented differently.