Which cruise was it when you "got it"?

Racer734

Which Royal Caribbean cruise (and what number cruise) was it that made you into a rccl fan?  

For me it was on Voyager and it was my second cruise with rccl.  

For me it was Enchantment in 2009, Now with cruises later I'm headed back on her this Friday for the 6th time.  

Was my very first cruise ever, Monarch of the Seas in 2013...and am going on my 5th cruise in 16 days.

Loved it from the minute I walked on the ship.  Not sure if I will ever try another cruise line as RC has given me everything I could have asked for and had no issues at all.

Never say never, but I tend to be pretty loyal once I find something I like and enjoy.....

For me it was Enchantment in 2009, Now with cruises later I'm headed back on her this Friday for the 6th time.

Enchantment in 2009 as well, and my first cruise ever as well. The staff just plain sold it for me, however the idea of a city at sea is attractive too.

Our first was on Monarch, which was a nice cruise, our second after a honeymoon on Carnival Fascination.  Our third cruise was Adventure of the Sears in Nov. 2002  - and we were hooked.  The Promenade, the itinerary, and most importantly the staff is what hooked us.  Liked it so much we sailed on her 3 more times, and keep discussing it for a 4th after our Jewel cruise... 

I think it was my first cruise after the Viking Serenade. Then after sailing Carnival based on a TA's, we quickly retreated back to Royal. After the birth of our son, however, we've floated among various cruise lines primarily because of itineraries and/or pricing. However, we're now back to Royal.

• 7 months later...

First cruise in 2010 on Explorer - loved the size of the ship and everything was absolutely perfect - including the weather.  My husband was a little harder sell.  Took him a while to "get into it".  First, it took me over a year to convince him to go and then finally one day I just booked it (our friends were going on the same cruise with their motorcycles so we tagged along).  It took him until Day 3 to fall in love with cruising but as soon as he could sit outside and feel the ocean breeze and the warm tropical sun - that was it - he was hooked.  now he starts his countdown for his next cruise the minute he disembarks from the last!

First cruise on Brilliance in 2010 when we couldn't get back on the ship in Villefranche due to storm into which we were tendered. RCC told us all to go to nearby restaurants where meals were paid for by them whilst they sorted things out. The ship left to go to Toulon and 40 coaches were hired to take us all to

Toulon and we were finally back n board about midnight with all the restaurants open. When the coaches got to Toulon it was like a fiesta. The a Mayor had heard about what was happening and there were marquees with food and drinks provided free of charge. We thought if this how you're looked after in an emergency it would do for us for the future. There were 1500 guests and 500 crews on shore at the time.

Independence of the Seas, August 2nd, 2015.

My second cruise with RCCL, and my girlfriend's first cruise. 

We are hooked, seriously, and keep talking about how great the cruise was and how we can wait for our cruise next year. 

Royal Caribbean did something right for us! Can't wait to sail with them in the future.

My second RC cruise back in Oct 2013 on Explorer of the Seas... it was the largest ship we had been on to date and our first 7-night cruise (Bermuda).  That sealed the deal with RC... we love Disney, but do not love paying a premium price (30%-50% more for similar itinerary) and being limited to a handful of itineraries due to a fleet of just 4 ships.  We'll do Disney down the road, but RC is probably the best bang for the buck with the most itineraries (and NY/NJ area sailings).  

My first cruise ever was on the Disney Wonder (honeymoon) back in June 2004 - we did the land & sea combo and chose 3 nights on the ship (4 nights at Disney World) since we had not cruised before (amazing cruise).  The first time on RC was a corporate recognition award trip on Majesty of the Seas back in June 2010 (only 4 nights)... the ship was booked by my employer so of course it did not have the same atmosphere as our second RC cruise (all employees and their guest)!  It was fun to meet people from all over the country, but it's not the same as going with family and friends.  You always worry about who the person next to you in the elevator is!  Also, it was of course the smallest ship we have been on to date.  

Now that we're hooked, we want bigger and better! :)  Liberty is next this OCT (first 10-night cruise) and Allure in SEPT 2016!  61 days / 394 days respectively!   :)