Grandeur Cabin question

citymom92

Has anyone stayed in Cabin 7144 on the Grandeur of the Seas or one in a similar location? It's a Superior Ocean View with Balcony and we were assigned this cabin a few weeks ago after we booked a balcony guarantee in October. We'll be in it for our 9 day next month, and I'm really curious since it's all the way aft, but not directly a rear stateroom.

It's the last balcony cabin in that side, but also has a connecting door to the next cabin. From some pics I can see, it looks like it's an unshared balcony, but then others it looks like that very last balcony is perhaps a "false" balcony and we're really in the next one over, which is shared. It's no big deal of course, and I'm just excited to finally have a balcony, but it has just piqued my interest to find out.

I'd also love to know if we'll be able to see any of the wake of the boat like those lucky true aft cabins. (Not being an experienced cruiser, I don't know how much wake the boat puts off from the side or if it's contained completely behind the boat?) 

Thanks all!

Allow me to clarify:  Yes, I understand that the balconies have partitions and cannot be shared unless removed by staff upon request with groups traveling together. What I meant to convey (and I didn't articulate that adequately in my post) is that the last balcony on this side of the ship *appears* to be a single balcony.

I found an image (shown below) online that kind of shows what I am talking about. The red arrow is pointing to what I think should be our balcony, but I'm not sure. You'll see that from here it seems that the balcony is different than the others, in that it is not a double looking balcony. The opening looks different. This is why I wondered if it is a "dummy" balcony, as in there's perhaps a staff access door or something (maybe even a continuation of a aft suite? I don't know) on the other side for whatever reason. It also looks smaller in terms of railing and viewshed, because it looks like it has a rounded upper metal overhang. I'll know firsthand soon enough, of course, but it's just been kind of an interesting thing to wonder about as I get closer to sail date. I'll do an update and maybe a review of the cabin too when I finally get there!

Thanks for indulging me in this silly distraction from daily boring land based life!

Best, Gina

RCCL Grandeur of the Seas.jpg

Ah.  I understand your question now.

It does appear that there might be less "openness" on this balcony than on others but I don't think the size is any different.

Remember that you can ask to change rooms if you aren't happy with your location.  Since you snagged a D1 then you basically have your pick of any balcony cabin on the ship.  The real question, of course, is...is there a room with which you will be better off ?

I did realize from monitoring the different boards that I could call and try to switch, but I am pretty happy with this assigned cabin, so don't think I'll do that. I'm just seeing if anyone else has stayed there and can give me first hand info. I keep telling my husband we should drive up to Baltimore and check it out one day while she's in port, just for fun! He thinks I'm nuts!