Passports?

Dennman03

1st time cruisers departing and returning to Ft Lauderdale.  Just confirming that we do NOT need passports for this cruise to the Western Carribean.  

You don't NEED passports but it's strongly encouraged that you do.  If you do not bring passports, then you do need to bring birth certificates.  

The reason why passports are better is because if you get stuck in another country, for whatever reason, you can easily fly home with passports.  It's a much bigger problem when you don't have them.

You don't NEED passports but it's strongly encouraged that you do.  If you do not bring passports, then you do need to bring birth certificates.  

The reason why passports are better is because if you get stuck in another country, for whatever reason, you can easily fly home with passports.  It's a much bigger problem when you don't have them.

I Strongly agree with Matt always take your passport. I hope you don't need it but if you check out you tube and see how many people miss the ship due to different circumstances it's better to be safe than sorry.

Not sure when you are cruising but have a geat time.

Just please get a passport. It is an official document that everyone should really have.

Tyler80 is spot on. Passports are useful for so many things for example when you go ashore you may wish to hire a scooter or a car to do your own thing and they may need it as additional ID but never let them keep it.

• 5 years later...

I am one of those people without a passport. Haven't vacationed in a couple years and booked my cruise next week at the last minute, not even thinking about passports. I'll be applying for one asap when I get back. If you're married, make sure you bring your marriage certificate as well, they need it for proof of name change.

Just realized this is a really old post. Oops!

Edited by Rebecca Ann
Realized it was an old post