Cost of liquor from minibar

Barbara

I don't know the cost as I have always had a drink package. However, I believe on the last cruise a can of coke was around $4.50 or something crazy and absurd. I can't imagine what they would charge for a shot of liquor!

I have never thought to have it emptied which maybe a good idea so the temptation is removed. That being said, even in my most vulnerable and drunken conditions I have never ever considered taking a drink or a water or a snack from the mini bar. I refuse to be raped by those outlandish prices either on cruise or on land.

26 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I don't know the cost as I have always had a drink package. However, I believe on the last cruise a can of coke was around $4.50 or something crazy and absurd. I can't imagine what they would charge for a shot of liquor!

You can order a 12 pack of Coke to be delivered to your room and put them in the fridge. A case of 12 is $28 US or about $2.33/can (gratuity not included of course). You can buy this through cruise planner.

It's an interesting thought.  Like others have said, the significant upcharge for mini bar probably negates the idea.

In general, if you have a non-alcoholic package, if you feel the urge for some booze, the cheapest option is likely just to order an alcoholic beverage outright from the bar.

Even if it were to save a dollar or two, is that minor savings worth the trouble of having to pour it in and mix it up?  If it were me I would likely end up spilling some and not do a very good job mixing it evenly.  Would rather just have the alcohol in the blender to begin with.

If you are considering more than 2 drinks per day then your best savings would actually be to upgrade to the deluxe package.  If you are only talking a couple drinks over the course of the cruise then this really seems a lot of work to potentially save a couple of dollars.

my mini bar was stripped when I got on the freedom nov 11 but there is a menu you can order stock for your mini bar pre paid of course plus 18 percent of course just ask the room attendant a brilliant way to be sure the booze and such is paid for the only thing I remember the price of was a tiny bag of peanuts was 8.50 never looked again the new room service menu has several drinks on it but no beer I suggest getting the bucket of beer from one of the bars before going to the room you get 5 beers for the price of four