Anthem 11/25/17 - 7+12 B2B

twangster

Customs boarded at 6:35 am. At 6:55am they started letting us off.  By 7am I was out and hailing my Lyft ride.  $20 to EWR.   

It's 24 degrees.  That's Fahrenheit, not Celcius.   It's snowing!

SZzCnBR.jpg

Roads are snowy and we hit some traffic.  

Luggage checked, through EWR security and at my gate at 8am.  

yM1e0qG.jpg

There are some flight delays but so far mine are on time.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Interesting B2B tidbit.  My C&A points from the 1st leg are being held until I complete this 2nd leg.  Since I board Indy in 7 days that could be a problem as I'm still showing Emerald.  I suppose I can try to argue my case with the loyalty ambassador on Indy but I was hoping the points would hit separately and I would be a normal Diamond when boarding Indy.   In this modern day of computing I wonder why it takes so long for C&A points to process.

When you get home, call the C&A folks and plead your case with them. I would not rely on their computer system to process your points, look at all the problems folks talk about on this blog regarding the RC website.

Thanks for your comments, photos and tips! They have been most enjoyable!:27_sunglasses:

24 minutes ago, rjac said:

When you get home, call the C&A folks and plead your case with them. I would not rely on their computer system to process your points, look at all the problems folks talk about on this blog regarding the RC website.

Thanks for your comments, photos and tips! They have been most enjoyable!:27_sunglasses:

I called C&A, they won't do anything.  Basically told me I'll likely be Emerald for Indy unless the system happens to process the points.  If I don't see my points in two weeks from today i should call them.  Those are the rules.

At least the loyalty ambassador on Anthem was able to make me Diamond for the 12 night cruise.  That was much appreciated.  Perhaps the loyalty ambassador on Indy can also spin some magic.

In the bigger picture it's not a big deal, just need to slow down around important milestones.

I'll echo the sentiments listed above; excellent stuff. I am new(ish) to the board, and this was the fist live blog that I have followed. From the photos, to tips and hints, to just the daily itineraries, it was fantastic to follow.  It certainly sets high expectations for the rest of the blogs I'll read in the future :10_wink: 

10 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Before your blog my wife would not even consider Anthem because of the long haul from NJ to the Caribbean (She remembers all of the horror stories of the rough seas a while back), but now she is at least considering the group cruise in 2019.

We went well out of our way to sail in more favorable seas.  I recorded the 18 minute explanation from the Captain on channel 40. I'm sure it greatly increased fuel consumption running at top speed.  I think they learned a lesson from that one.  

5 minutes ago, Floski said:

You've taken pictures of hundreds of people; where is the picture of you??   How are we going to be able to differentiate you from Super Mario when we are sailing?

Super Mario is a lot better looking.   Come on the Alaska GC if you want to see me ?

8 hours ago, twangster said:

Super Mario is a lot better looking.   Come on the Alaska GC if you want to see me ?

No interest in cruising Alaska but like @Floski I am definitely very curious Twangster!  I imagine the Alaska GC will go something like this...

765BB376-FAB2-4EF3-AC95-7FBAF81C00D6-217-000000223442F818.gif.3413a7779a62a253153fd0f925ed83bd.gif

Someone on that GC needs to capture it for all of us left here in suspense ?

On 12/9/2017 at 1:41 PM, Sabrinaklai said:

Thanks for that info @twangster! I am out of reactions for the day as I just got off the Disney Fantasy and had limited wifi. I have missed this live blog!  Catching up on your posts and the message boards has been a great way to pass the time at MCO while waiting for my delayed flight back to DTW. It's been delayed two hours due to ice in Detroit. What a way to come back after great Caribbean weather ?

I grew up in the metro area.   Do you live around there?   Jane

On 12/11/2017 at 10:49 AM, JLMoran said:

Thanks for the post about Vintages! That's definitely one area I plan to check out when I sail Freedom in March and Anthem next October. It's great to hear that they have selections not listed on the menu, at least on Anthem. Also good to hear that the servers know their stuff! I'm not at all a fan of Pinot or Cab, much prefer Malbec / Chianti / Zinfandel, so hopefully they'll have some good off-menu recommendations for the poor sods like me that don't get a lot of on-menu choices.

Joe...vintages was my go to stop before dinner to grab a glass of wine and I loved the bartender there.   It was one of my face spots on freedom (next to the schooner bar and 80s trivia) and I never understand why it isn't more crowded.  Jane

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2017 at 9:44 AM, twangster said:

Christmas decorations went up while we were in Nassau.  I caught this photo earlier in the day while they were assembling the tree.

5a20190898044_AnthemDay5xmas-6.jpg.00a25ae54676822cace3fdf2867aa12e.jpg

Note they also placed a Menorah to the right of Michael's.

5a20196422348_AnthemDay5xmas-5.jpg.96e914413e38c119aff41fe9caf685c9.jpg

5a20197894075_AnthemDay5xmas-4.jpg.71b141ce1c357c07e04fbe6bbe7fc445.jpg

5a20199023a7d_AnthemDay5xmas-2.jpg.600f4c8e55140a7bc8c2a85ff6d21921.jpg

5a2019a81c9d4_AnthemDay5xmas-1.jpg.2bbabdd6a144d52d8b88a901ca4cd54d.jpg

They were starting to add festive bling to Guest Services as I headed off to bed.

5a2019d17943d_AnthemDay5xmas-3.jpg.3de3e73ff2fc79cbb96f20e71026510f.jpg

We just returned from the Anthem New Year's Eve cruise and saw them taking down all the decorations. Ours was Port Liberty to Port Canaveral to Nassau to CocoCay; we also had to skip CocoCay due to weather.

This was my first cruise; already starting to plan the next one.

5 minutes ago, Trbayth said:

We just returned from the Anthem New Year's Eve cruise and saw them taking down all the decorations. Ours was Port Liberty to Port Canaveral to Nassau to CocoCay; we also had to skip CocoCay due to weather.

This was my first cruise; already starting to plan the next one.

Welcome to the message boards!

I'm going back on Anthem in 11 days and looking forward to it! 

Hoping to make Coco Cay this time, but if not, oh well, next cruise.  Once the new pier is finished in June that shouldn't be a problem any more.