Nachi Cocom -- To Book or not to Book

DunkelBierJay

I  visited Nachi Cocom last summer and loved it. The best part was that we were in port on Empress with two other Carnival ships and the place felt empty. We will visit Cozumel again on January 9, but will be one of the last ships to dock (Brilliance)...here is what will be in port that day.

Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Brilliance Of The Seas Royal Caribbean 1000-1930
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Liberty Of The Seas Royal Caribbean 07:00 - 16:00
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Carnival Breeze Carnival Cruise Line 08:00 - 18:00
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Carnival Paradise Carnival Cruise Line 10:00 - 20:00
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Carnival Splendor Carnival Cruise Line 08:00 - 17:00
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Disney Magic Disney Cruise Line 07:00 - 16:00
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Norwegian Pearl Norwegian Cruise Line 08:00 - 17:00

I've seen videos of the place being taken over by passengers from other ships, and am thinking that may be the case especially with three Carnival ships and Liberty in port. If the ship clears quickly, and we can get off the ship, I am thinking we may be able to get to Nachi by 11, but I am not sure. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

15 hours ago, spiegeje -- DunkelBier_Jay said:

If the ship clears quickly, and we can get off the ship, I am thinking we may be able to get to Nachi by 11, but I am not sure. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

The hold up is going to be the Taxi stand, you either do what you say above or try and be the first off of the ship.

RCCL and Carnival are at two separate piers, so two separate taxi queues, can not remember where Disney and Norwegian dock, I think they might be the old pier closer to downtown, so that should also help.

I was in Cozumel on Allure and one other RCCL ship in October, waited in the taxi line for about 10 minutes, but there were only two of us, bigger groups have longer waits. Once in the Taxi Nachi is about 15-20 minute drive and since they limit the amount of people at Nachi, you should be ok, you get assigned chairs and a waiter and you are good to go.

16 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

I looked at our day in March and I'm glad I booked nachi...there are 5 ships due in and im looking forward to the 130 person limit!  Jane

Jane,

When in March are you going, which cruise ship and where did you find out that 5 ships will be in port? Curious minds wants to know. I, too, have booked Nachi the week of March 25th, will be on the Allure. We plan to get off the ship bright and early!:27_sunglasses:

rjac

19 minutes ago, rjac said:

Jane,

When in March are you going, which cruise ship and where did you find out that 5 ships will be in port? Curious minds wants to know. I, too, have booked Nachi the week of March 25th, will be on the Allure. We plan to get off the ship bright and early!:27_sunglasses:

rjac

I just googled what ships will be in port in cozumel 2018 and up pops a bunch of sites.   You can look up any port... they will show the day and what ships are in port (one even totaled the crazy number of people I will have in grand cayman).   I will be on freedom...6 day western...we leave March 25 out of fort Lauderdale and will be at nachi on Thursday March 29!   119 long days to go ( of course 1 have 2 wrk long trips to Disney to keep me busy in the meantime lol!)  Jane

Guest toodle68

Our first visit to Cozumel in January and I was surprised by the line at the taxi stand. It was hot, no shade and looked to be a 30 min wait. We totally did not expect this and had got off the ship a little later thinking we would be at NachiCocom within 20 mins. Looking at the times of the other ships, you should be ok. I think NachiCocom is open until 5pm..

9 hours ago, toodle68 said:

Our first visit to Cozumel in January and I was surprised by the line at the taxi stand. It was hot, no shade and looked to be a 30 min wait. We totally did not expect this and had got off the ship a little later thinking we would be at NachiCocom within 20 mins. Looking at the times of the other ships, you should be ok. I think NachiCocom is open until 5pm..

There was no taxi line last time I was there, but I am anticipating one next time, so if we end up doing Nachi , we are going to go out of the pier area to the left to Hotel El Cid where Matt has mentioned a couple times on Periscope that there are always taxis and no waiting. it is only about a minute walk.

We are seriously thinking about biting the bullet for an all day excursion to Chitzen Itza this time since it won't be the middle of summer like it will be next time we are there.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, Matt said:

One big benefit of Nachi is they (supposedly) limit amount of guests who can come to Nachi.  So whether there are 2 or 10 ships in port, crowdedness of Nachi should be consistent. 

This is why we booked Nachi (our first time). When we arrive on 1/10, we also have 5 ships in port and our arrival is about 10:30. However, it's just my hubs and I so we are more flexible and our vacation 'plan' is to relax, so we are willing to take the risk.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, dejagatkins said:

Going to Nachi next week. Not booked with RC of course. Where do you catch a safe taxi when you get off the ship?

Assuming you dock at the same place we did (don't remember which one, but there was a very large shopping area at the pier), the taxi stand is well-marked and easy to find.  We had no trouble at all getting one for our drive to Nachi.  Here are the prices:

Cozumel Taxi List.jpg

On 11/24/2017 at 7:18 PM, DunkelBierJay said:

I  visited Nachi Cocom last summer and loved it. The best part was that we were in port on Empress with two other Carnival ships and the place felt empty. We will visit Cozumel again on January 9, but will be one of the last ships to dock (Brilliance)...here is what will be in port that day.

Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Brilliance Of The Seas Royal Caribbean 1000-1930
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Liberty Of The Seas Royal Caribbean 07:00 - 16:00
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Carnival Breeze Carnival Cruise Line 08:00 - 18:00
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Carnival Paradise Carnival Cruise Line 10:00 - 20:00
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Carnival Splendor Carnival Cruise Line 08:00 - 17:00
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Disney Magic Disney Cruise Line 07:00 - 16:00
Cozumel 9 Jan 2018 Norwegian Pearl Norwegian Cruise Line 08:00 - 17:00

I've seen videos of the place being taken over by passengers from other ships, and am thinking that may be the case especially with three Carnival ships and Liberty in port. If the ship clears quickly, and we can get off the ship, I am thinking we may be able to get to Nachi by 11, but I am not sure. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks

How do you know what other ships will be in port when you are there??  I'd like to know for my cruise in September.  Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

How do you know what other ships will be in port when you are there??  I'd like to know for my cruise in September.  Thanks!

I usually go to Crew Center:

http://crew-center.com/cozumel-mexico-cruise-schedule-january-june-2018

If this doesn't get you what you are looking for, you may be able to get some other links by googling "cruise port schedule" and the port(s) you're visiting

31 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

If this doesn't get you what you are looking for, you may be able to get some other links by googling "cruise port schedule" and the port(s) you're visiting

I just checked for my January 2019 cruise, 5 ships in port including SYMPHONY OF THE SEAS! Can't wait to see her up close (but not personal yet!) LOL Booking Nachi too!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest toodle68

Been there twice, it was amazing and close to total relaxation as we get to.. and the massages are the best!.. we schedule them online for around 2pm so we have lunch, dry and clean up a little, then start to pack and head back to the ship after the hour massage ends at 3.