Anyone seeing Black Friday discounts in the Cruise Planner?

JLMoran

I just checked my Cruise Planner for my March 31, 2018 sailing on Freedom. No new discounts for any of my activities apart from the Dragon's Breath zip line, which is down to $79 ($4/ticket less than the best I'd found to date); in fact, the Dolphin Push, Pull, & Swim excursion on St. Kitts has gone up $15 from the best price I found. Everything else is the same as the last sale where I had rebooked all of my excursions and drink packages.

I'm assuming the zip line price will stay as-is through the weekend; going to hold off rebooking it (and saving another $12) until it's business hours for the call center; that activity, for whatever reason, has always given me trouble when I try and buy it online, so I want to know I can fall back on a customer service rep if need be.

The only thing I have been monitoring the price on is the deluxe bev package.  Our June 2018 Oasis package did drop to $45 from $55.  I wasn’t monitoring  any of the other cruise planner prices. The DPB is the only purchase I was making if it the price dropped. Luckily, it did because I was starting to wonder. 

I have a cruise booked on oasis for sept 9, 2018 and drink package dropped from 55 to 43 pp per day! Also, excursions are on sale, zipline in haiti is now 79 instead of 10x. Chop's is 20% off. And the cruise price itself has dropped. We booked non-refundable ocean view balcony for 1748 with 100 room credit. It is now 1633 with 100 credit. Can we rebook for the discount or do they not allow it since we booked non-refundable??

43 minutes ago, Jason.H. said:

We booked non-refundable ocean view balcony for 1748 with 100 room credit. It is now 1633 with 100 credit. Can we rebook for the discount or do they not allow it since we booked non-refundable??

@Jason.H., you you can rebook with the non-refundable deposit, as long as you are not changing the room, ship, or sailing date.

Haven't checked cruise planner yet...but...  Had Oasis booked for April 2019, changed it to Oct 2018...$2,000 cheaper for a JS with a bigger balcony.  It was cheaper for me to book with a refundable deposit this time around as well...Not sure if that was a glitch, but I ran with it and booked.  I'll have my TA check it out Monday, and rebook with her if it's all the same by then.

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

@Jason.H., you you can rebook with the non-refundable deposit, as long as you are not changing the room, ship, or sailing date.

Thank you, yeah we called and they took the $115 difference off the amount we owe. So used that savings plus our $100 room credit towards the purchase of the deluxe drink package.

20 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Joe... nothing I've seen is on sale for my freedom cruise.   Frustrated!   Jane

It seems the rates for the VOOM multi-device offerings may be actual sales, even if not flagged as such in Cruise Planner. I got an email from Royal stating those multi-device plans were on sale, and a rep I spoke with while re-purchasing my Dragon's Breath zip line tickets also said that the 4-device package I decided to buy today ($39.17/day) was a 30% discount off of onboard rate.

If not too late and you are looking for a multi-device package, may want to snap it up. Email said it was for Black Friday only, not a weekend long offering.

Although not advertised, some prices four our Symphony TA have been reduced by around 30%. This is true for the deluxe beverage package (from 49€ to 35€) and the shore excursion we wanted (from 69€ to 54€). Voom 1 device is now up (from 10,30€ to 10.89€) and there has been no change in dining.