Beverage package on sale

HighlandBoy

Just checked my cruise planner and found the beverage packages to be reduced.

The Refreshment package is down from £20.40 to £13.68 and the Deluxe package reduced from £41.80 to £34.20 both prices +18% gratuity. This makes the Deluxe package around $44.50 at today's conversion rate.

This is for our 16th June 2018 sailing on Harmony.

Thanks for the tip! Saved 57€ of my wife's refreshment package by rebooking.

I had already bought us drink packages (deluxe for me and refreshment for my wife) before this new rule change. I only cancelled and rebooked my wife´s package and kept my already booked deluxe package without any problems. I did not dare to cancel my deluxe package because I was worrying that system will enforce me to book deluxe package to both of us. My wife will not consume alcohol beverages that amount it could make any sense for deluxe package.

Hi all

Thanks for this thread - prompted me to check my options ahead of BF and CM sales for the 3 x Ovation cruises in March.

Refreshment package is back down to £15.96, which is what it was about a month ago, so no need for me to change that (yet!) but did book 1 Voom device package as that has reduced for the first time since I started checking a few months ago.

Means I now have 27 days with internet which will be useful so I can at least check the house is still standing with my sons left in charge! 

8 hours ago, HighlandBoy said:

Just checked my cruise planner and found the beverage packages to be reduced.

The Refreshment package is down from £20.40 to £13.68 and the Deluxe package reduced from £41.80 to £34.20 both prices +18% gratuity. This makes the Deluxe package around $44.50 at today's conversion rate.

This is for our 16th June 2018 sailing on Harmony.

Yep mine went from $55 to $43 a person/day. I saved almost $200, that’s enough for my photo package. Now I gotta wait for my credit on my card. Wonder how long that will take.

28 minutes ago, Mcohen1993 said:

Yep mine went from $55 to $43 a person/day. I saved almost $200, that’s enough for my photo package. Now I gotta wait for my credit on my card. Wonder how long that will take.

Mine took about 3 to 4 days even though email was immediate. Not too bad.....

Deluxe package is now 35,26 € (+ 18 % service charge) - down from around 49 € + 18 % - for our Symphony TA 2018. Immediately booked of course =) Coincidentally Spa offerings have just appeared - might be connected to Black Friday? As the offerings only appeared today I have no way to compare prices to be sure. As we weren't planning on booking Spa services I guess it doesn't really matter.

My May 2018 dropped from $55 to $41, so we grabbed two of those.  My 20 yr old got the refreshment package, which dropped from $26 to $18.  We got the soda package + Voom - 1 device for my 18 yr old, for $19 per day.  The soda only is not available at the moment, but I know it's $8.50 on my October sailing. So doing the math on that combo we're getting Voom for $10.50 per day, which is cheaper than the $14.39 regular rate.

My October sailing didn't show up on sale until later in the day, at $41 per day too.  Damn, I wish we could only buy one of those. 

Drinks package was £48.49 (and has been since 19 June).  Black Friday has hit the UK.  The deluxe drink package is now £36.37.  That is a 33.33% decrease.  Booked it and saved almost £200 for 2.

Now I have to cancel and book the deluxe + VOOM.  That has just shown up on the planner and the price is £44.  I'm at work right now so I'll have to wait until I get home.  Hope it is still there then.

I'm a happy cruiser!!!:1_grinning::12_slight_smile: 

No change in either drink package prices or VOOM prices. Refreshment package is the same $18/night plus gratuity that it has been since the last cruise planner sale, and Deluxe beverage package is still $43/night + gratuity. The 4-device VOOM package is still holding at $39.17/day, 1-device package $14.39/day.

I know others here have said that the VOOM has gone as low as $11/night or slightly better for the 1-device package, so I'm holding out hope for that somewhere along the line. But if it hasn't gone down by my next billing cycle, I'll buy it then and lock in the rate.

On the Ovation in March I noticed a few of the shore excursions dropped so re-booked those.

Refreshments back to around $21 in conversion rates including gratuity so don't think they will go any lower. Booked one device at around $12.75 as cheapest it has been to date.

The Ultimate Dining Package is the one I am unsure about! Read Matt's article and I am very tempted. https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/07/11/royal-caribbean-ultimate-dining-package-costs-and-review

Costs for UDP are - 10 day cruise = £258.72 (approx $345 or $34 per person per day), 3 day cruise is £55.44 ($74 or $25 pppd) and 14 day cruise is same cost as 10 day one (go figure!) at also around $25pppd.

I am in two minds - just do the 3 day one so we get to sample Chops/Wonderland etc in the middle OR say what the heck and go for the 14 day package.

Expert opinions welcome!! 

I am tempted to go for the 14 day option...maybe need somebody to convince me!!

On 11/23/2017 at 10:22 AM, Wanderer said:

Thanks for the tip! Saved 57€ of my wife's refreshment package by rebooking.

I had already bought us drink packages (deluxe for me and refreshment for my wife) before this new rule change. I only cancelled and rebooked my wife´s package and kept my already booked deluxe package without any problems. I did not dare to cancel my deluxe package because I was worrying that system will enforce me to book deluxe package to both of us. My wife will not consume alcohol beverages that amount it could make any sense for deluxe package.

Just called to RCL and rebooked my deluxe package as well. Just told to agent that my wife doesn't consume alcohol due to personal preferences and I was able to keep her package as refreshment. Rebooking my package I saved 85€ more. Total savings by rebooking both drink packages was 142€!

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

No change in either drink package prices or VOOM prices. Refreshment package is the same $18/night plus gratuity that it has been since the last cruise planner sale, and Deluxe beverage package is still $43/night + gratuity. The 4-device VOOM package is still holding at $39.17/day, 1-device package $14.39/day.

I know others here have said that the VOOM has gone as low as $11/night or slightly better for the 1-device package, so I'm holding out hope for that somewhere along the line. But if it hasn't gone down by my next billing cycle, I'll buy it then and lock in the rate.

Same here.  I feel left out.  Nothing for me either since that last cruise planner sale.  I already grabbed the drink package last time but I wonder if I should just get the VOOM at this point?