Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

briggits

Hi everyone! I'm considering booking a cruise tonight but I'm wondering if it would be more advantageous to book on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Does Royal Caribbean usually participate in these kinds of sales and/or have they release any information about it for this year?

Thanks!

-Britt

9 hours ago, Sweety said:

Thanks to @twangster, I will be booking 2 cruises each tomorrow on Navigator and Marnier. My wide angle lens just came in. Can't wait to take pictures.

If you must book the Navigator...Do it for Nov 23, 2018...So i can have my private photographer on board. :4_joy:  No pressure, but i do expect pic's as good as twangster if not better :3_grin:

i can cary the accessory bag around for you! :4_joy:

40 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Did they offer any discounts on the cruise planner stuff during the Black Friday deals ? 

Lots last year! I got VOOM for $7.99/day, drink packages, excursions, they all went on sale. Fingers crossed for a few days because there are a few things I have my eyes on. 

38 minutes ago, runderekrun said:

I was able to book a sailing for next December with Kids Sail Free and while I would appreciate the extra OBC, I do not think I'll be able to touch the fare for our cruise :57_cry:

Worth a call to check. In October, I booked a cruise with KSF and free gratuities and then both those offers ended at the end of October. In November, I noticed the price dropped a bit and I called back knowing I might be giving up the KSF and gratuities because that promo was done and I likely already had the best price. Well, turns out they re-priced it and let me keep all offers. Saved over $500!

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Matt, just saw this on your blog.  Very good deal I think! I'm planning on booking Freedom with the Non-refundable thanks to @twangster Blog from last week. Thank you for sharing!:1_grinning:

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Now I'm really glad that I asked my TA to convert my Anthem booking from refundable to non-refundable:

• Up to $400 Onboard Credit per stateroom:
    • 5 Nights or Less:
      •  $150 Onboard Credit for a Deluxe Stateroom
  • Guests can get an additional $100 onboard credit if they elect to book a sailing more than six months in advance with the Non-Refundable Deposit program.

I already got $150 OBC from the last repricing where I converted to non-refundable. As long as the price hasn't spiked more than the extra $100 of OBC, we can come out a little bit more ahead with this offer. Definitely will be keeping an eye out for an email from Heather!

14 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Now i wished i had waited to book my Navigator OTS cruise.  :-( 

How do you know its a better deal...doesn't the pricing/promo only start the 24th? Only thing we know right now is the OBC..if pricing is higher than it still may not be a better deal at the end of the day right?

4 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Now I'm really glad that I asked my TA to convert my Anthem booking from refundable to non-refundable:

• Up to $400 Onboard Credit per stateroom:
    • 5 Nights or Less:
      •  $150 Onboard Credit for a Deluxe Stateroom
  • Guests can get an additional $100 onboard credit if they elect to book a sailing more than six months in advance with the Non-Refundable Deposit program.

I already got $150 OBC from the last repricing where I converted to non-refundable. As long as the price hasn't spiked more than the extra $100 of OBC, we can come out a little bit more ahead with this offer. Definitely will be keeping an eye out for an email from Heather!

How would that matter now? You already booked with a non-refundable deposit. Are you able to re-book now and get a better deal even though its non-refundable? I am confused.

3 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

How would that matter now? You already booked with a non-refundable deposit. Are you able to re-book now and get a better deal even though its non-refundable? I am confused.

@monctonguy I was able to get price reductions twice on my May cruise even though I booked Non-refundable. I don't actually know if it was an actual cancel and rebook, but my TA did it. I did lose $75 OBC, but due to twice reprice saved $480. I think it's worth looking into.

6 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Yes, you can rebook with a non-refundable as long as you do not change the ship, room, or sailing date.

46 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I wish i could, however that statement of must be booked the 24-27th gets me a big NO in there eye's :-(

I still think it wouldn't hurt to call.  It would be like @JLMoran said, when they re-price they basically cancel and re-book it.  I booked my next cruise under NRD and I've re-priced it several times already.  The last time a few weeks ago I save over $500 and got an OBC from it.  The OBC came along with a promo they were having.  

4 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I still think it wouldn't hurt to call.  It would be like @JLMoran said, when they re-price they basically cancel and re-book it.  I booked my next cruise under NRD and I've re-priced it several times already.  The last time a few weeks ago I save over $500 and got an OBC from it.  The OBC came along with a promo they were having.  

I'll check it out, however i'm in a Jr. suite for $2814.32 and don't think it will be lower for that price.

11 hours ago, mworkman said:

If you must book the Navigator...Do it for Nov 23, 2018...So i can have my private photographer on board. :4_joy:  No pressure, but i do expect pic's as good as twangster if not better :3_grin:

i can cary the accessory bag around for you! :4_joy:

Booked for June 2019 and Marnier for August 2019. Still have to book 4 more cruises. The decisions one must make.

2 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Got my Deluxe Drink package for $41.00 pp, so I booked it! wasn't going to, but figured we'd break even. In a GS with access to Concierge, but who's going to stay there to drink! LOL

Our Oasis package is on "sale", but no better than I got a few weeks ago.  $43.00pp