Sky suite vs. Celebrity suite on Solstice class

Lovetocruise2002

3 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Can someone explain the differences in benefits between these two suites other than the space?  There is a huge price difference but online it says they both have butler service, access to Michaels, etc.  Is it like booking a JS vs GS on RC?

Here you go again! Now where and when! LOL!!!  I asked my planner at "X", other than size of room and cost, nothing is different, same everything. I'm booked in Sky Suite on all 3 X Cruises, have Butler, Luminae , etc. got all 4 of the Suite perks too, so no, it's not like having Junior Suite on Rc which doesn't really get any.  

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

Here you go again! Now where and when! LOL!!!  I asked my planner at "X", other than size of room and cost, nothing is different, same everything. I'm booked in Sky Suite on all 3 X Cruises, have Butler, Luminae , etc. got all 4 of the Suite perks too, so no, it's not like having Junior Suite on Rc which doesn't really get any.  

I am simply "doing research" with this one in case my MSC Seaside cruise doesn't pan out.  I want to sail Harmony again if I cancel MSC but hubby doesn't like to sail the same ship again so soon.  Celebrity might be a back up plan but I'm doing my research now since I will likely have to book Celebrity last minute if I do cancel MSC.  But I am hoping I won't have to.  I've been following Captain Scala (Seaside's new captain) on Instagram and the ship looks beautiful.  So hopefully reviews come out and all is good.

So basically people are paying $2K more just for a bigger room???

31 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

So basically people are paying $2K more just for a bigger room???

That's my take and also my planners.  I have to be honest with you, I was looking at Seaside too, she looks beautiful!! I think you will love it, but I know concerns about it being more of a North American type cruise.  She does look like a beauty though! I would like the larger suite but couldn't justify unless I win the lottery! LOL

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Like a grand suite versus a loft suite on Oasis/Quantum class.  Celebrity suite isn't two levels so its not a perfect comparison, but the perks are the same, just a bigger room and a bigger price tag. 

The GS vs. CLS I can justify in my head because one is two levels, 2 bathrooms, better view but the two suites on Celebrity seems not worth it, especially if I'm not taking kids.

5 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

The GS vs. CLS I can justify in my head because one is two levels, 2 bathrooms, better view but the two suites on Celebrity seems not worth it, especially if I'm not taking kids.

On the Millennium class there are two sky suites that are unique.  They are next to the Penthouse Suites and are decorated the same since they have an adjoining door and make the Penthouse suite function like a two bedroom suite when extra "penthouse" capacity is needed.  I scored one of these on the Millennium.  Very nice Sky Suite that is penthouse-like.  

Wonder if Solstice class have the same concept.

I'm sure you know that your Emerald status will be recognized by Celebrity.  You'll receive "Select" benefits while on Celebrity but your nights won't contribute to C&A points.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

On the Millennium class there are two sky suites that are unique.  They are next to the Penthouse Suites and are decorated the same since they have an adjoining door and make the Penthouse suite function like a two bedroom suite when extra "penthouse" capacity is needed.  I scored one of these on the Millennium.  Very nice Sky Suite that is penthouse-like.  

Wonder if Solstice class have the same concept.

I'm sure you know that your Emerald status will be recognized by Celebrity.  You'll receive "Select" benefits while on Celebrity but your nights won't contribute to C&A points.

Argh! Don't tell me things like this! It will lead me into more trouble (aka wanting to book it) ? I do know about the status match. That's why I'm trying to hold out on cruising celebrity until I reach diamond. My Indy cruise should finally get me there. Thanks @twangster!

49 minutes ago, michelle said:

I may be touring the Seaside but either way have a group on it in March 2018 so I will post
more information here regarding what the rooms really are like  - looks amazing though
I agree

Would definitely appreciate any feedback good or bad. Especially how it compares to RC. My parents and a group of my friends are all going in March as well (but not together lol) so looking forward to getting some feedback from them as well. Problem is that none of them are seasoned RC cruisers. 

3 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Argh! Don't tell me things like this! It will lead me into more trouble (aka wanting to book it) ? I do know about the status match. That's why I'm trying to hold out on cruising celebrity until I reach diamond. My Indy cruise should finally get me there. Thanks @twangster!

YW!  Just tell your husband ... twangster made me do it, it's his fault