JS/Schooner Bar

RestingBird

Looking into a JS behind the Schooner Bar, deck 6, on Oasis.  I'd love it for the extra space on the balcony, but I'm wondering how loud the music from the bar might be.  At the same time, I'd rather have that musical noise, I think, over other noises people have complained about from different parts of the ship.  Any experience, or thoughts?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, arebee said:

Well, I spend a lot of time in the Schooner.  Not a lot of noise in there and usually only a piano player during the day or evening.  And on the Oasis, its a smaller bar.  I wouldn't worry about the noise too much, even during the day.

That's where my mind was going, glad for the clarification.  I love the schooner bars on the ships I've been on, so I figured it'd be nice to be close to one for the week.

5 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

Looking into a JS behind the Schooner Bar, deck 6, on Oasis.  I'd love it for the extra space on the balcony, but I'm wondering how loud the music from the bar might be.  At the same time, I'd rather have that musical noise, I think, over other noises people have complained about from different parts of the ship.  Any experience, or thoughts?  Thanks!

Are you locked in on deck 6?  If potential noise is a concern, what about a JS up one deck on 7, or in my opinion an even better option on deck 8.  Either way, I agree that the noise level in the Schooner Bar is probably not a concern.

41 minutes ago, DDemuth said:

Are you locked in on deck 6?  If potential noise is a concern, what about a JS up one deck on 7, or in my opinion an even better option on deck 8.  Either way, I agree that the noise level in the Schooner Bar is probably not a concern.

The only reason I liked deck 6 is I have the option of a slightly bigger balcony on the hump.  If I went up to 7 or 8 they only have the regular balconies available at the moment.  So no, not locked in really.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 12:00 PM, RestingBirds said:

I was in JS 6242 on Oasis one time.  I didn't notice any noise at all from the Schooner Bar.   We loved that cabin!

3 hours ago, clmsnskr said:

I was in JS 6242 on Oasis one time.  I didn't notice any noise at all from the Schooner Bar.   We loved that cabin!

Awesome!  I originally booked 6242, incase my TA missed the sale.  However, she was able to rebook for me, and get more commission or whatever for doing the whole booking instead of a transfer, and she got us right next door in 6240.  Thanks for the reply!