Mattress Topper

Tyrone

On previous cruises, I have found that the bed is too hard for me. On my last cruise, I asked the attendant to add a mattress cushion topper to the bed, but it didn't do much. I was considering purchasing a foam top cushion and bringing it with me.

• Do you know if there are rules against bringing something like this?
  • Does anyone have tips or suggestions for making the bed softer?

Thanks again for all of the advice!

In the past we made the same request, but on last two cruises were told they no longer offer foam toppers due to sanitary reasons. 

I don’t see why you couldn’t bring your own. Heck, put a luggage tag on the packaging and hand it to the porter. 

Let us know if you do this and what happens. 

Yep.  We gave up asking for a topper.  They kept trying to add a couple of mattress pads to the bed and that never worked.  We take two large suitcases.  One for clothes and the other for a foam topper.  We only take a double bed foam topper which is enough to put sideways across the middle of the bed.  Don't really need it for head and feet.  Also the foam topper provides cushion for the two bottles of wine we take.  :-)  

On Allure now.  We asked for a mattress topper and to our great surprise, we did get a very nice egg shell foam topper plus an extra comforter.  Very comfortable.  I don’t know if Allure just happened to have left-over egg shell foam toppers or if RCI decided that the bad press they’ve been getting for the hard mattresses makes it worth using the toppers and discarding them after they get soiled.  I’m betting on #2.

Whatever  the cause, we are delighted with our bed on Allure this week.

36 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

On Allure now.  We asked for a mattress topper and to our great surprise, we did get a very nice egg shell foam topper plus an extra comforter.  Very comfortable.  I don’t know if Allure just happened to have left-over egg shell foam toppers or if RCI decided that the bad press they’ve been getting for the hard mattresses makes it worth using the toppers and discarding them after they get soiled.  I’m betting on #2.

Whatever  the cause, we are delighted with our bed on Allure this week.

@WAAAYTOOO are you travelling in style in Star Class again?  

48 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

@WAAAYTOOO are you travelling in style in Star Class again?  

No, not on this cruise. We are in a D1 “hump” balcony.  You don’t need any kind of mattress topper when you’re in Star Class.  The Duxiana mattresses in the Star Class suites are the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept on in my life !

i won’t lie though.  I miss my Genie !  ??

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, not on this cruise. We are in a D1 “hump” balcony.  You don’t need any kind of mattress topper when you’re in Star Class.  The Duxiana mattresses in the Star Class suites are the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept on in my life !

i won’t lie though.  I miss my Genie !  ??

I'll bet ? Have a great time!  Love the Allure!