Majesty going (again)?

Matt

Also seeing reports of:

People getting email saying their Empress sailings will be sailed by Majesty out of Tampa

People getting email saying their Majesty sailing will be sailed by Enchantment out of Canaveral

The plot thickens...

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Looks like Majesty is moving to Tampa

Here is deployment as it looks today...

Here is what will happen after redeployment...

What about the Mariner coming to Port Canaveral?  I haven't heard from any other sources about the Enchantment coming back to Port Canaveral, what source did you use?

31 minutes ago, NeonD7 said:

What about the Mariner coming to Port Canaveral?  I haven't heard from any other sources about the Enchantment coming back to Port Canaveral, what source did you use?

Mariner is still coming.  These changes are in addition to the changes announced last week.  

This info comes from a Royal Caribbean Sales office seminar. I'll have a formal write up on the blog, but the info comes directly from RC.

50 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Well at least I got a sailing in on Majesty this year before she may or may not disappear.

Scheduled for Empress next year but now that sounds like it might be Majesty instead or perhaps Symphony with the way they are playing spin the ship right now, who knows :)

I have three on Empress next year.

We are booked on Majesty October 29, 2018.  We received the email regarding the ship switch to Enchantment. 

Several years ago we mistakenly reserved a cabin above a nightclub and could not sleep from all the percussion noise.  After that we have been very careful to choose our cabin location.  Will we have any say in our cabin re-assignment on the new ship?  

14 minutes ago, LC Grits said:

We are booked on Majesty October 29, 2018.  We received the email regarding the ship switch to Enchantment. 

Several years ago we mistakenly reserved a cabin above a nightclub and could not sleep from all the percussion noise.  After that we have been very careful to choose our cabin location.  Will we have any say in our cabin re-assignment on the new ship?  

If I was a betting man, they'll probably assign you to one...... then it will be up to you to switch it to one you may prefer more. 

33 minutes ago, Sweety said:

Just received word that my Empress cruises in 2018 will be changed to Majesty. I will be be price protected. Great. I have a back to back planned.

When was your cruise(s) scheduled? I have ~100 people in 40 cabins on the 6/30/18 sailing .. just wondering if I can get clarity on whether you are confirmed cancelled before or after that date ....

2 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

When was your cruise(s) scheduled? I have ~100 people in 40 cabins on the 6/30/18 sailing .. just wondering if I can get clarity on whether you are confirmed cancelled before or after that date ....

My sailings are in July and August 2018. The cruise will be modified. It will be out November 21, 2018.

49 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Reached out to the group planner at RCI asking if there was any truth to the rumor of the ship being changed and could she confirm the itinerary would be the same and got "um yes there is something we need to discuss with you, I will have your sales rep call you"

Presently sailing on Rhapsody and while onboard we booked Empress of the Seas to Cuba for January 2019. Two days after booking we began hearing rumors about Majesty sailing Empress scheduled cruises from mid 2018 til March 2019. Talked to Next Cruise representative and he alluded to the Empress being sold to TUI which I think is Thompson. 

Have not heard from TA or Royal but they are new bookings at the moment. I guess I got too far out in front of new itineraries coming out. Will wait and see what we hear. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wow...all that time and money for Empress and then she slips back into the abyss from which she was resurrected.  YIKES !

If it's true either Cuba is more popular than RC expected and they need a larger ship, or it's much less than anticipated and it's better to just unload the ship again.

My very unimportant take on this:

Cuba has proven to be very popular.  Work has been ongoing with Havana to fit a larger ship into the harbor, and majesty should fit nicely.  The Cuba sailings will stay mostly from Tampa, as the whole situation is a bit delicate in Miami.  This means that Majesty will go to Tampa.

This leaves Canaveral without a 3/4 ship.  Enchantment sailed from Canaveral before and they can easily slide her up the coast.

This leaves Miami without a 3/4 ship.  Empress can come over to the east side and do these nicely.  

Enchantment going to Canaveral means she won't head to Galveston, and as it is a larger draw than NOLA, Vision will simply stay in galveston.  NOLA looses out from this.

Now, when the big gals (Mariner and Navigator) arrive...

Mariner will show up first, and head to Miami to relieve Empress.  Where will Empress go?  Maybe NOLA, but I'm going to go out on a limb and think they may get into the Charleston, SC market that Carnival has had to themselves and do Bahamas sailings.  

When navigator shows up, she will take over Miami and Mariner will head up the coast to Canaveral.  Where will Enchantment go?  My guess will be that NOLA will get her and do 7 night sailings.

1 hour ago, PRC said:

Where will Empress go?  Maybe NOLA, but I'm going to go out on a limb and think they may get into the Charleston, SC market that Carnival has had to themselves and do Bahamas sailings.  

I'd be happy with either, but speaking as a northern mid-westerner NoLa has a much stronger draw for me, even though it's a 140 mile longer one-way drive for us. 

3 hours ago, PRC said:

Cuba has proven to be very popular.  Work has been ongoing with Havana to fit a larger ship into the harbor, and majesty should fit nicely.  The Cuba sailings will stay mostly from Tampa, as the whole situation is a bit delicate in Miami.  This means that Majesty will go to Tampa.

This leaves Canaveral without a 3/4 ship.  Enchantment sailed from Canaveral before and they can easily slide her up the coast.

This leaves Miami without a 3/4 ship.  Empress can come over to the east side and do these nicely.  

Enchantment going to Canaveral means she won't head to Galveston, and as it is a larger draw than NOLA, Vision will simply stay in galveston.  NOLA looses out from this.

Mariner will show up first, and head to Miami to relieve Empress.  Where will Empress go?  Maybe NOLA, but I'm going to go out on a limb and think they may get into the Charleston, SC market that Carnival has had to themselves and do Bahamas sailings.  

When navigator shows up, she will take over Miami and Mariner will head up the coast to Canaveral.  Where will Enchantment go?  My guess will be that NOLA will get her and do 7 night sailings.

Nice analysis, Paul

On 11/15/2017 at 11:58 AM, bcarney said:

I wonder why all the hate for New Orleans from RC?

The same reason they hate California. They can make more money per berth by sailing from other ports. Plus, Carnival and NCL are already competing with one another in New Orleans. 

On 11/17/2017 at 12:24 PM, PRC said:

Man, I REEEEAALLLYYY hope that you are right about coming to Charleston; I'm so ready for some competition! Easy 4-5 hour drive away!

Our June 2018 sailing out of Tampa was changed from Empress to Majesty. It's our first cruise, and I had done a lot of research on Empress before booking and regarding cabin selection. Anxious to see our assignment for Majesty - hoping it's a good change! Itinerary changed as well (from Key West/Cozumel to Costa Maya/Cozumel).

I'm seeing dates for Majesty in Oct' 18 and beyond.  Seems like a gap Feb-Oct 2018.  

Oddly,  an agency website shows it is bookable in March -June 2018 still but only one 3 and one 4 day each month. Maybe they didn't get the memo.  It's letting me book May '18 cruises on her.  

FEMA contract?  I know the Carnival contract for a ship at St. Croix to house relief workers ends towards the end of January.   Majesty replacing here?  Total WAG.

Strange that the agency API is still allowing bookings. The plot thickens...

maj may.jpeg