Concierge gratuities? How much?

FloatMe

So, although we have stayed in a suite before, we had never utilized the concierge services and we had barely darkened the door of the lounge. This cruise however, we have used the concierge quite a bit and we have been so impressed with the service we have received. I feel a bit stupid for not using it on previous cruises. My question is; what is an appropriate tip to leave for her?

Thanks in advance,

Swisshelm

I was not in a Suite my last cruise, but I did use the Diamond lounge a lot so hence used the Diamond Concierge a lot, so I tipped her separately at the end of the cruise using a WOW envelop.

Tipping is speculative, and brings up a lot of discussion on this site, my suggestion would be to tip your concierge like you might tip a really good waiter at a really nice restaurant.  That is if the Concierge has made you week less stressful and enjoyable.

I tipped mine well because she made my wife happy, happy wife happy life...

Regarding the Concierge tip, depending on how much we used them, we usually give $20 to $30.  I have no idea of the RC pay scale to know how the concierge compares to the rest of the crew's contracts.... maybe someone knows?    

With the bartenders, my wife and I usually "tip as we go" in the Diamond and Concierge lounges.  We give them a buck or two each drink and they seem to appreciate it.  Last year we were on the Radiance for a Southbound Alaska cruise and there was a pushy group of Pinnacle's really hogging the bar and running the bartenders ragged. They didn't tip at all.  Whenever we walked in, the bartenders went out of their way to take good care of us - my wife and I still laugh about the time I ordered a double and the bartender brought the glass over and winked and said "I didn't get you a double, I filled it".  We got great service, the waiters got some nice tips, and everybody was happy except the Pinnacles on that cruise, who seemed to be a grumpy bunch.  But that is a story for another day.....

On 11/13/2017 at 4:08 PM, NeonD7 said:

Regarding the Concierge tip, depending on how much we used them, we usually give $20 to $30.  I have no idea of the RC pay scale to know how the concierge compares to the rest of the crew's contracts.... maybe someone knows?    

Thanks Neon, in the absence of of corroborating evidence,  I will go with your recommendation. 

I’m getting on Harmony tomorrow and the second thing I will do after handing a hundo to our stateroom attendant will be handing the concierge the same. I find that tipping them right away gets u a better experience and I think Neon nailed it with the tipping of the suite lounge bartenders. They will turn their backs to the pinnacles for a good tip.