Introduce yourself!

Matt

8 hours ago, jagnew said:

Hello - my name is Jay and I am from the Orlando area.

My first RC cruise was on Voyager in 2003 for our honeymoon, and I was hooked on the whole experience.  We took a few more between 2003 and 2008, then stopped for some reason when our daughter was born.  We got back into cruising in the fall of 2016 and now I spend entirely too much time trying to plan out future itineraries.

I appreciate all of your knowledge and insights on blog and the message boards and look forward to good discussion ahead.

Welcome Jay!  Your cruising history sounds a lot like mine.  We had a long dry dock when the kids were born as well.  Glad to be back in.  And you have found a great place here in the RCblog community!

Hello everyone! My name is Shawn! I'm from Miami but live just outside of Orlando. I love taking cruises whenever I can which is usually every 1-2 years. So far I have been able to sail out of Miami and Port Canaveral. So far I think Canaveral is my favorite because I like to go out there to watch the rocket launches.

Hello All! My first post on this site! Thanx Matt! Always enjoy you input about RCI on CCTV!

I'll be sailing on my first ever SOLO cruise Dec 8 on Majesty of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale. This will be my 3rd time on Majesty, but the others were 2002 and 2012. Anyone know if there have been any major changes to the ship since 2012? 

Anyone else cruising then? Let me know! I'll be the one in the bright orange swim shirt in the hot tub with the cold drink! They may have to drag me out for the drill!!!

1 hour ago, CruiseQueen2017 said:

Hello, my name is Hope and I'm from Texas! I am the cruise lover in my family, I feel like I have to drag my husband on a vacation! We will be leaving November 11 on the Majesty of the Seas, and I am so excited!!!

You are going to have a great time. We were on here this past Summer.

Hello! We're from the south suburbs of the Twin Cities (that's Minnesota, dontchyaknow) - We've sailed on Royal Caribbean twice - first one was to Alaska on the Vision in September of 2000, the next one was on the Jewel in Sept 2004 (10 night Canada/New England - I'd take that itinerary in a heartbeat again - round trip from  Boston to Quebec - spent 2 days in Quebec and it was fabulous!).  We've also sailed once on Princess to Alaska (sometime near 2009) but were not as impressed with the experience as we were with Royal.  We're booked on the June 21st sailing to Alaska on the Ovation of the Seas, where we'll be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary as well as my husband's 50th birthday!  We can't wait, and we're so glad we found this site - so much great information and very helpful, nice people.

Hello All

I live in Canada, heading on my 3rd family cruise, 2nd RCCL cruise on December 7th 2018 on Navigator of The Seas, to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary.

I am single solo traveller for work and vacation, but I have never taken a solo cruise. Seriously looking at one in 2019.

Fact, on the family cruise 2014, on Jewel of The Seas, I won a 7 day cruise in BINGO (and $300 the day before) gave it to my parents. They went on their winning on Freedom of The Seas cruise in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Beatrice and I live in Southern Maine. If you were on an RCL cruise ship with a Port of Call of Portland, Maine, you might have seen me in the Visitor Information Center there this year and next year too.  

This January I'll be on the Rhapsody of the Seas (Dates 1/5-1/12/19), first time on RCL. I have been on two other cruise lines, one for a college course that I got to use for my Capstone ?.

So far, I have not been on a ship that I want to go back on. I guess that just means I need to play Goldilocks until I find my perfect fit ?.  

Hi everyone. My name is Caroline, Callie for short. I live in Melbourne Australia 

I’m really looking forward to my first cruise in March 2019 to New Zealand. It will be my first on RC having previously cruised on P&O.

My dream cruise is to sail from Sydney to Hawaii, one day when I can save enough money. [costs me more being a single person]

Hello everyone! I'm new to the boards and new to Royal Caribbean. (Well, almost new. I did a 3-night on the Sovereign of the Seas back in 1998!)  My husband and two sons (ages 11 and 13) have done four cruises on Disney Cruise Line, including our most recent cruise around the Baltic Sea in August. Ever since I was a little girl, I have always wanted to visit Alaska, so we decided it was time to book an Alaska cruise. With our kids getting older, we felt there was less for them to do on Disney cruises so were less interested in paying Disney prices. We decided to book a 7-night Seattle roundtrip on the Ovation of the Seas in August 2020. I feel like there is so much for me to learn about Royal Caribbean before then, but luckily I have time. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Sorry I haven't done this sooner I  have forgotten!  My name is Charles I am from Louisiana. I started cruising in 2016,and haven't looked back. I have been to the Caribbean, and Alaska. I am single. Sometimes family members cruise with me, but alot of times i'm by myself. I have been on Celebrity cruises, but the last few cruises have been Royal, and I really enjoy Royal.

Hi cruisers,

My name is Krissi Williams and I will be traveling for our third family cruise with Royal in January 2019 on GOTS with my boys 10 and 13.    The first two were 10 day trips and this will be 12 days!!   We are excited about the itinerary.   We look forward to making new friends and seeing new places.

32 minutes ago, krwillia said:

Hi cruisers,

My name is Krissi Williams and I will be traveling for our third family cruise with Royal in January 2019 on GOTS with my boys 10 and 13.    The first two were 10 day trips and this will be 12 days!!   We are excited about the itinerary.   We look forward to making new friends and seeing new places.

Welcome, Krissi!

15 hours ago, krwillia said:

Hi cruisers,

Hi Krissi --- very nice ..... love Grandeur ...... just out of curiosity, do you live in the Baltimore area?  The convenience of going out of Baltimore is amazing.