Introduce yourself!

Matt

50 minutes ago, SeaChelle said:

Hi guys, Happy to find this forum, as my experience has been these types of boards are the best way to plan vacations! I'm sailing on Allure in April 2019 with my fiance and my two teenagers (13 and 15). My kids have been fascinated with cruising since they were little, so I decided this was a good time to take them on an adventure. We are avid travelers, but typically stay off the beaten track (with the exception of our annual pilgrimage to Disney). Cruising will be VERY different for us! Hoping this trip will combine the best of those two worlds! My fiance and I have both cruised before -- but way back in the day when ships were much smaller. Hit me with any newbie tips you think I should know -- and thanks in advance for all the great advice. I have already learned a lot!

Welcome SeaChelle! I'm new too and will also be sailing on Allure next year (though in May for me). These boards have been super helpful for me not just in getting answers to new questions posted, but also in searching through past posts for topics that have already been discussed. I hope you enjoy them too ?

8 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

Hi. I am Julie and hubby is Randall. We are cruise addicts. We sailed for years on Carnival before taking a Royal Caribbean cruise. We wish we would have started on Royal to begin with! 

Welcome! 

That's pretty much what I said after my 1st Royal cruise after sailing 10+ on Carnival.  15 cruises later, I haven't sailed anything but Royal.

Why didn't I switch sooner?

20 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

Hi. I am Julie and hubby is Randall. We are cruise addicts. We sailed for years on Carnival before taking a Royal Caribbean cruise. We wish we would have started on Royal to begin with! 

Welcome Julie and Randall! Glad to have you aboard, you can get your welcome drink at the kiosk on the left! ?

35 minutes ago, Nay said:

New to cruising. Love to travel and so excited. I live in Tennessee USA  and am exploring all I can find so we will be ready for our first cruise after the first of the year.

Welcome to the boards, @Nay !

14 minutes ago, Nay said:

Thank you, cruising RC Freedom of the Seas out of San Juan. Have you been there?

Welcome and yes, many of of us have been on Freedom and have been to San Juan.  Both are great choices. 

San Juan is an excellent embarkation port because it's like getting another port of call on your itinerary and it's a great port to explore.  You don't need to book an excursion to enjoy San Juan, there is a lot to see just self-exploring around Old San Juan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

We are Laurie and Dave from New England.  I love to travel, DH tags along to pay the bills.  We have been on Carnival x1, NCL x3, Celebrity x1 and Royal x10 (me) DH x9.  So I guess you could say we love cruising.  We have 3 upcoming cruises booked:

10/25/18 Grandeur 7 nights to Bermuda

4/20/19 Brilliance 5 night Grand Cayman - Cozumel

3/29/20  Freedom 7 nights Southern Caribbean from San Juan.

If that looks familiar it's because we are sailing with Mark (ConeyRaven) and Tyna.

Off to read some posts.

Laurie

3 minutes ago, CaseytheGR said:

Hi 

We are Laurie and Dave from New England.  I love to travel, DH tags along to pay the bills.  We have been on Carnival x1, NCL x3, Celebrity x1 and Royal x10 (me) DH x9.  So I guess you could say we love cruising.  We have 3 upcoming cruises booked:

If that looks familiar it's because we are sailing with Mark (ConeyRaven) and Tyna.

Off to read some posts.

Laurie

Welcome!

If you are traveling with the Grandeur Poo-Bah ( @coneyraven )  then you are all set to have an awesome cruise!

12 hours ago, CaseytheGR said:

Hi 

Off to read some posts.

Laurie

Hello dear --- You need to change that profile picture ..... @twangster - we know Laurie & Dave ..... If you look at the next three cruises, they line up with ours.  We met Laurie & Dave back in '16 --- Can't imagine a cruise without them... They truly are part of our family.  Ahh yes, the magic of cruising.  Here's the 4 of us last year on Grandeur .... sans my missing tooth. 

FB_IMG_1533443952995.jpg

5 hours ago, coneyraven said:

Hello dear --- You need to change that profile picture ..... @twangster - we know Laurie & Dave ..... If you look at the next three cruises, they line up with ours.  We met Laurie & Dave back in '16 --- Can't imagine a cruise without them... They truly are part of our family.  Ahh yes, the magic of cruising.  Here's the 4 of us last year on Grandeur .... sans my missing tooth. 

FB_IMG_1533443952995.jpg

At my favorite place!  The "R" Bar!!

Y'all, I'm excited! We are eyeballing the Southern Caribbean cruise on Navigator, over Christmas, and I'm so glad I found this site!

A bit of background for us: we are in Houston (hence my handle) it's me, my husband and 10-year-old daughter. DH and I have been on 2 cruises before (one way back before we were married, on Celebrity in 2001, to Alaska... in fact we were in the air flying back from that when 9/11 happened! eeek!), and then one in March 2003 to the Western Caribbean on Carnival, where my daughter and lots of relatives went along on that cruise, too. We figured out on that second one that we DEFINITELY enjoy cruising, and so now that life has settled down a bit, we want to get back into it (and also thankyew for the nice upcoming bonus at work this year, haha).

DH liked what he saw on the RC ships better, so we're looking to go that route. I'll be reading and looking around more for an idea on how to get the best deal we can for at least an ocean view. I saw that a new sale started today, so that's great. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this cruise, and DH just wants to look at it a bit more first. We'll probably move on it pretty soon.

Thanks! Love what I see on this site :)

3 hours ago, HtownHolly said:

Y'all, I'm excited! We are eyeballing the Southern Caribbean cruise on Navigator, over Christmas, and I'm so glad I found this site!

A bit of background for us: we are in Houston (hence my handle) it's me, my husband and 10-year-old daughter. DH and I have been on 2 cruises before (one way back before we were married, on Celebrity in 2001, to Alaska... in fact we were in the air flying back from that when 9/11 happened! eeek!), and then one in March 2003 to the Western Caribbean on Carnival, where my daughter and lots of relatives went along on that cruise, too. We figured out on that second one that we DEFINITELY enjoy cruising, and so now that life has settled down a bit, we want to get back into it (and also thankyew for the nice upcoming bonus at work this year, haha).

DH liked what he saw on the RC ships better, so we're looking to go that route. I'll be reading and looking around more for an idea on how to get the best deal we can for at least an ocean view. I saw that a new sale started today, so that's great. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this cruise, and DH just wants to look at it a bit more first. We'll probably move on it pretty soon.

Thanks! Love what I see on this site :)

OK, so got the greenlight from DH to book it. Woohoo! Better to do that directly through RC or through here/MEI (still trying to figure out what MEI is).

Welcome to the blog !  You will find so much helpful information here !

MEI is a great travel agency and they are the sponsors of this blog site.  Even if they were not, I would use them.  Using a travel agent is entirely up to you.  There are numerous blog threads highlighting the value of using a good agent.  Look for these posts if you are interested.  You should not have to pay ANYthing for the services of a travel agent so if you find one that says that there is any kind of fee, I recommend you keep looking.  MEI does not charge for their services.

12 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Welcome to the blog !  You will find so much helpful information here !

MEI is a great travel agency and they are the sponsors of this blog site.  Even if they were not, I would use them.  Using a travel agent is entirely up to you.  There are numerous blog threads highlighting the value of using a good agent.  Look for these posts if you are interested.  You should not have to pay ANYthing for the services of a travel agent so if you find one that says that there is any kind of fee, I recommend you keep looking.  MEI does not charge for their services.

Thanks :) I contacted MEI and had a couple rounds of emails with one of them yesterday at the end of the day. Waiting for them to call/email back this morning is killing me, hahah!

Hi everyone!

I've been reading the boards for some time now and I thought it was time for me to jump in. 

My name is Christine, my husband is Taylor and we are planning our first cruise to the Southern Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas this October! My husband has cruised before when he was a kid but this will be my very first cruise. I haven't even gone yet and I think i'm hooked ? We never dreamed we would be able to go on a trip like this at this point in our lives, but here we are! We are so, so excited and can't wait til October. I want this trip to be perfect. 

I've already learned so much from these boards and I'm excited to learn more. ?

1 hour ago, ChristineS said:

My name is Christine, my husband is Taylor and we are planning our first cruise to the Southern Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas this October!

Welcome to the board, my wife and I will be on Freedom on the October 13th sailing this will be our 5th cruise out of San Juan and our 3rd to the Southern Caribbean, our 16th cruise overall, so don't be afraid to ask any questions, I will help where I can.