Introduce yourself!

Matt

New to the forums! Long time lurker and podcast listener, but I finally had to join-in on the fun! As far as cruise history goes with RCCL, I've been on Allure and Harmony. Also cruised with another Company but, no need to name :4_joy:. Happy to be here! @Matt you run a great site, some of these live blogs and pics are AWESOME, hope to contribute one day there.

1 hour ago, lovecruising!!! said:

New to this Forums. I have been on 4 cruises. I will be going on my 1st Royal Cruise in 5 Months ( Sept 2018). (Serenade of the Seas out of Boston)  Looking forward to interacting with everyone here.

Welcome - lots of great information here from lots of folks with many cruise experiences.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, My name is Judith Payne.  My husband and I just returned from the 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise on Serenade of the Seas (April 9-April 20).  I would like to connect with Linda (sorry, I didn't get her last name but she required a wheelchair due to mobility issues).  I would also like to connect with the young lady who was travelling with the big Texan body builder.  (Sorry I didn't get your name)  I have just recently published a book entitled "Prescription for Peace" and I would like to send a free copy to these young ladies.  Sorry :) if anyone else is interested you can purchase it through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.  Looking forward to hearing from you.  :)

11 hours ago, Judith Payne said:

Hi, My name is Judith Payne.  My husband and I just returned from the 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise on Serenade of the Seas (April 9-April 20).  I would like to connect with Linda (sorry, I didn't get her last name but she required a wheelchair due to mobility issues).  I would also like to connect with the young lady who was travelling with the big Texan body builder.  (Sorry I didn't get your name)  I have just recently published a book entitled "Prescription for Peace" and I would like to send a free copy to these young ladies.  Sorry ? if anyone else is interested you can purchase it through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.  Looking forward to hearing from you.  ?

Welcome to the boards Judith!

I guess I have spent enough time lurking so I might as well introduce myself. My name is Tim...I never saw myself as a cruiser, and if it were not for my Son and now Daughter-In-Law's wanting a destination wedding (they live in Alaska), I probably never would have gone. In fact, I hated the very thought so much that I gave myself an out of flying back right after the wedding if I wanted to; even bought the ticket. It was on the Carnival Splendor going to Grand Cayman (where they got married), Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. I think my wife was really waiting to see what I would do; stay or fly back after the wedding - no matter what she was staying on the cruise. But, I liked it and thought of planning our next one as soon as we got back.

While we were in Belize we were parked next to a Royal Caribbean Ship, don't remember which one, other than I said wow, look at that ship. I started researching RCI cruises and already signed up for one for September 29th, 2019 out of San Juan Puerto Rico on Freedom of the Seas - St. Maarten, St, Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados. We got a really good deal on a Grand Suite which is a huge step up from the Balcony we had on Carnival so we booked it.

I am now looking forward to booking one for 2020, probably a December cruise to the ABC islands (the only reason I know ABC is from reading this forum) :10_wink:

Looking forward to learning from the group on what to do on the cruises.

16 minutes ago, Tim B. said:

I guess I have spent enough time lurking so I might as well introduce myself. My name is Tim...I never saw myself as a cruiser, and if it were not for my Son and now Daughter-In-Law's wanting a destination wedding (they live in Alaska), I probably never would have gone. In fact, I hated the very thought so much that I gave myself an out of flying back right after the wedding if I wanted to; even bought the ticket. It was on the Carnival Splendor going to Grand Cayman (where they got married), Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. I think my wife was really waiting to see what I would do; stay or fly back after the wedding - no matter what she was staying on the cruise. But, I liked it and thought of planning our next one as soon as we got back.

While we were in Belize we were parked next to a Royal Caribbean Ship, don't remember which one, other than I said wow, look at that ship. I started researching RCI cruises and already signed up for one for September 29th, 2019 out of San Juan Puerto Rico on Freedom of the Seas - St. Maarten, St, Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados. We got a really good deal on a Grand Suite which is a huge step up from the Balcony we had on Carnival so we booked it.

I am now looking forward to booking one for 2020, probably a December cruise to the ABC islands (the only reason I know ABC is from reading this forum) :10_wink:

Welcome, you'll like Freedom... It's my favorite ship...

19 hours ago, Tim B. said:

Welcome Tim!

Greetings all!  Chris here...everyone calls me "Mush" (thanks to a crazy last name..."Mushrush").  Been lurking for a while, but, since we officially have our first cruise with Royal Caribbean booked, I'm coming out of lurker status and going active (be afraid...be very afraid).  We'll be doing Allure in March of '19 (eastern itinerary with St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee as our ports), which seems entirely too far away right now.  Previous cruises on DCL (Dream) and NCL (Escape).  Being an extreme planner, I'm already starting to fill out spreadsheets. 

Our crew consists of me (45 - didn't start cruising until 2015), Sheri (not saying the age...I still value my life), and our two sons (ages 15 and 13).

I've been listening to the podcast since episode 1 and love what Matt does on there; I feel like I already know some of you from appearances on episodes.  I'm looking forward to get to know all of you!

30 minutes ago, cemushr said:

Greetings all!  Chris here...everyone calls me "Mush" (thanks to a crazy last name..."Mushrush").  Been lurking for a while, but, since we officially have our first cruise with Royal Caribbean booked, I'm coming out of lurker status and going active (be afraid...be very afraid).  We'll be doing Allure in March of '19 (eastern itinerary with St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee as our ports), which seems entirely too far away right now.  Previous cruises on DCL (Dream) and NCL (Escape).  Being an extreme planner, I'm already starting to fill out spreadsheets. 

Our crew consists of me (45 - didn't start cruising until 2015), Sheri (not saying the age...I still value my life), and our two sons (ages 15 and 13).

I've been listening to the podcast since episode 1 and love what Matt does on there; I feel like I already know some of you from appearances on episodes.  I'm looking forward to get to know all of you!

Chris! Glad to have you here

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,  My name is Gail and I am from Michigan.  My husband, myself and our 2 daughters (age 23 and 13) will be going on our first (my husband and I cruised on our honeymoon) family cruise  in January 2019 on the OASIS of the SEAS!  We have booked the spacious aquatheater 2 bedroom suite ?  "YOLO book it" LOL    My oldest daughter just completed her Masters program and is planning on getting married in 2020.  My youngest daughter is starting high school in September.  She has had terrible asthma and allergies all her life and we have never been able to vacation due to it.  We think (and pray) that she is outgrowing them and they are now manageable...YAY!  So this is our first family week long vacation EVER!!  We are SO excited and LOVE these boards and all the information they have available.  Looking forward to following these boards from now til.............I think I'm already hooked!! LOL

Hello everyone! My name is Susan and I live in Pennsylvania. My sister Judy and I (both widows) have sailed exclusively on Royal (except for 2 river cruises), with cruise #20 coming up in October. We are also in the process of booking the July 4, 2019 Anthem of the Seas Group Cruise, hoping to hear from MEI Travel after the holiday. Living only 1 1/2 hours from Bayonne is both a blessing and a curse (easy access, but so tempting to book another cruise!) We were on the “Hurricane Sandy” cruise, as well as the one on the Anthem where we had to turn around and return to Bayonne due to a damaged azipod from the “Storm Mars”. Can’t wait to see what adventures await us in the future!

Just realizing i've never introduced myself.    Name is Todd and i'm from a small town just north of the Dallas metroplex (Wylie).    My wife and I will be married 7 years in October.  I have 2 boys from my previous marriage (14 and 16) who definitely keep us on our toes.    Michelle and I both took our first cruise in 2012 for our honeymoon.  We chose Mariner out of Galveston and instantly fell in love with cruising!   Second cruise we took our boys on Carnival Breeze which was a blast for all of us but she and I quickly felt like we were missing something.    We were in such awe of Mariner and while Breeze was a great ship, the overall feel of it just wasn't the same for us.   Not to say we won't try Carnival again but we've opted to book our next 2 cruise back on Royal  (Liberty in '19 and Harmony in '20).    As an added bonus, through our love of cruising, we've also (re)introduced both of her sisters and husbands to cruising again.   Both couples last cruised back in the early 90's.   2 of them went on our Breeze cruise and loved it so now we have all 4 of them coming with us on Liberty next year which will be great!  As for me, i'm the obsessive planner and want to know everything about our trip LONG in advance.   She leaves me be and doesn't want to spoil the excitement ahead of time so i have to make sure i parse out my info to everyone, keeping it minimialistic at  best so as to not burn everyone out.    LOL   i can't figure out why none of them are as obsessed as i am   HAH!      anyway, happy to be here.   It's a very refreshing break from all the drama over at the other site.      Love getting to know everyone here and appreciate all the feedback i've received so far on my questions.     Cheers!

54 minutes ago, Todd W said:

Just realizing i've never introduced myself.    Name is Todd and i'm from a small town just north of the Dallas metroplex (Wylie).    My wife and I will be married 7 years in October.  I have 2 boys from my previous marriage (14 and 16) who definitely keep us on our toes.    Michelle and I both took our first cruise in 2012 for our honeymoon.  We chose Mariner out of Galveston and instantly fell in love with cruising!   Second cruise we took our boys on Carnival Breeze which was a blast for all of us but she and I quickly felt like we were missing something.    We were in such awe of Mariner and while Breeze was a great ship, the overall feel of it just wasn't the same for us.   Not to say we won't try Carnival again but we've opted to book our next 2 cruise back on Royal  (Liberty in '19 and Harmony in '20).    As an added bonus, through our love of cruising, we've also (re)introduced both of her sisters and husbands to cruising again.   Both couples last cruised back in the early 90's.   2 of them went on our Breeze cruise and loved it so now we have all 4 of them coming with us on Liberty next year which will be great!  As for me, i'm the obsessive planner and want to know everything about our trip LONG in advance.   She leaves me be and doesn't want to spoil the excitement ahead of time so i have to make sure i parse out my info to everyone, keeping it minimialistic at  best so as to not burn everyone out.    LOL   i can't figure out why none of them are as obsessed as i am   HAH!      anyway, happy to be here.   It's a very refreshing break from all the drama over at the other site.      Love getting to know everyone here and appreciate all the feedback i've received so far on my questions.     Cheers!

Welcome, if you haven't make sure you sign up everyone for the crown and anchor society.

Hi - I'm Al from Scotland.  I have been following the blog for a few months since I booked my first RCCL cruise but this is my first post.  In the last few months while I have silently followed the blog I have mostly enjoyed the live blogs, whether current ones on the main page or retrospective ones in the forum.  As a result, I am now fully familiar with the concept of WJ recon and of the much heralded Twangster live blog.

First cruise will be in September this year with my gf on Allure visiting the East Caribbean.  I have only been on two other cruises before which were both Silversea thanks to very generous parents - one was for my father's birthday and the other was to celebrate his retirement.  I am fully aware that sailing with RCCL will be a very different experience - and I am looking forward to that.

I am a man of few words both on and offline so I can't guarantee that I will be a regular contributor but at least I can now say I have posted and am no longer lurking in the shadows!

Hi! My husband and I are new here and are sailing on Harmony 9-15-18. We live in Southwest Florida. Second cruise but the last one was in mid 90's so we are kind of considering this our first cruise.  This will be first with RCCL, but I'm sure not the last.  You all seem like a wonderful group and we enjoy reading all the helpful posts.  

We are Lori and Larry