Introduce yourself!

Matt

1 hour ago, Dawn T. said:

Hello!  I have been reading this blog for years, but I am not new to cruising.  My husband and I have been on 5 Disney cruises and 18 with Royal.  This blog has provided a wealth of information and help over the years.  Love it!  I finally decided to join.  I don't belong to ANY social media, which is probably why I hesitated to join.  Maybe I can provide some help to someone too.  :5_smiley: 

Hi @Dawn T.! Welcome! And you are not the only...I am only on social media here, Shipmate, and Cruise Critic (notice the trend lol).  And I lurked for a while (like years) before joining too! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I am new to Royal Caribbean, but not new to cruising. My parents started us out on Carnival back when I was in highschool, so it was all I knew. My husband has been trying to get me on Royal Caribbean for years, so we finally decided to book a last minute cruise for March 17th aboard Anthem of the Seas! Can't wait. 

We're from NJ so only about an hours drive to Cape Liberty Cruise Port. We are both a little skeptical about cruising out of NJ and losing warm sea days, but enticed by not having to fly.

Hope to see ya aboard!

2 minutes ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

Hi Everyone! I am new to Royal Caribbean, but not new to cruising. My parents started us out on Carnival back when I was in highschool, so it was all I knew. My husband has been trying to get me on Royal Caribbean for years, so we finally decided to book a last minute cruise for March 17th aboard Anthem of the Seas! Can't wait. 

We're from NJ so only about an hours drive to Cape Liberty Cruise Port. We are both a little skeptical about cruising out of NJ and losing warm sea days, but enticed by not having to fly.

Hope to see ya aboard!

Welcome!

I've sailed Anthem three times, twice in December and a few weeks ago.  I love that ship!

My live blogs can be found here:

Anthem 11/25/17 - 7+12 B2B 

Anthem 1/19/19 9 Night Bahamas 

Anthem is well suited to a cold weather port like Bayonne but hopefully by March you'll only have one cool sea day. 

14 minutes ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

Hope to see ya aboard!

Welcome to the boards!  You'll be getting on with excitement just as we'll be dragging ourselves off!  We are the sailing right before you.  I'm thinking of live blogging it this time so if I do, ask away while I'm on board.  If not, you can still message me. But read @twangster's blogs.  They are so informative!

13 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Welcome to the boards!  You'll be getting on with excitement just as we'll be dragging ourselves off!  We are the sailing right before you.  I'm thinking of live blogging it this time so if I do, ask away while I'm on board.  If not, you can still message me. But read @twangster's blogs.  They are so informative!

I hope you do :) 

2 hours ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

Hope to see ya aboard!

Welcome to the RC Blog, @SeasTheDayNJ! Fellow New Jerseyan here, also inside an hour’s drive to Cape Liberty. Hope you and your husband enjoy Anthem! Don’t forget it has the solarium indoor pool area that works just great on chilly sea days, so you can still get that “we’re on vacation!!” vibe going almost as soon as you’ve boarded. ?

Hey folks!  We're Tom and Sharon and go by Dig and MsDig when online, respectively.  It's been a few years since our last cruise and over a decade since our last RCI sailings.  I've been lurking on this most excellent site since we made a spur of the moment decision a few weeks back to book a cruise along with our adult kids.  I have a feeling that it won't be so long again until our next one.   :10_wink:

Oh, BTW,  that's Felix the Cat, chuckling in my avatar.  He's become my unofficial mascot across a variety of forums (fora?).

See y'all around the forum! 

2 hours ago, Digmenow said:

Hey folks!  We're Tom and Sharon and go by Dig and MsDig when online, respectively.  It's been a few years since our last cruise and over a decade since our last RCI sailings.  I've been lurking on this most excellent site since we made a spur of the moment decision a few weeks back to book a cruise along with our adult kids.  I have a feeling that it won't be so long again until our next one.   :10_wink:

Oh, BTW,  that's Felix the Cat, chuckling in my avatar.  He's become my unofficial mascot across a variety of forums (fora?).

See y'all around the forum! 

Welcome aboard ...... We who reside in the Land of Pleasant Living need to stick together -- I don't know what part of the Land you're in, I'm up in the high country, near the "Burg of Frost"

3 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Welcome aboard ...... We who reside in the Land of Pleasant Living need to stick together -- I don't know what part of the Land you're in, I'm up in the high country, near the "Burg of Frost"

Hah!  I suspected that you might get that hint.  Let's just say that whenever you fly out of BWI, you can look out your window and see me waving at you from my backyard. :10_wink:

Thanks for the greeting!

5 hours ago, Digmenow said:

Hey folks!  We're Tom and Sharon and go by Dig and MsDig when online, respectively.  It's been a few years since our last cruise and over a decade since our last RCI sailings.  I've been lurking on this most excellent site since we made a spur of the moment decision a few weeks back to book a cruise along with our adult kids.  I have a feeling that it won't be so long again until our next one. 

Welcome to the boards. :12_slight_smile:

Hi All!  

Roger & Carol from WI checking in and excited to return to RC after a few years hiatus.  This time on a truly big ship that will dwarf the only other one we've been on--Monarch of the Seas--which we thought was awfully big when we cruised on her in 2010.  Been reading through posts here and listening to Matt's mellifluous baritone on the podcast...we now have a notebook full of tips and are starting to feel dangerous!    

Thanks for the vibrant, fun, informative community that is evident through your posts!

47 minutes ago, Iluv4n6 said:

Hi All!  

Roger & Carol from WI checking in and excited to return to RC after a few years hiatus.  This time on a truly big ship that will dwarf the only other one we've been on--Monarch of the Seas--which we thought was awfully big when we cruised on her in 2010.  Been reading through posts here and listening to Matt's mellifluous baritone on the podcast...we now have a notebook full of tips and are starting to feel dangerous!    

Thanks for the vibrant, fun, informative community that is evident through your posts!

Hello from Chicago!

On 2/16/2018 at 2:02 PM, DERPDR said:

Darrell and Patty Robinson from Northern Indiana.   Looking forward to cruising Allure of the Seas March 25 sailing.  

Welcome Darrell and Patty!

2 hours ago, jjbescher said:

Jon from Clayton, NC

Hello Jon!

Hello everyone. Chris is the name. Have been a lurker on the boards for a couple years - finally joining.

Currently hail from Winterville, NC. Six cruises to date (5 on RCCL) with two more scheduled. My wife has been on nine (8 RCCL) with three scheduled (she goes with friends as well as with me/family).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!  I'm Lori, and live in MN.   So much good information here!  Our first cruise was on RCI Monarch back in 2005.  It was a trial run to see what we thought.  We all had a blast, the kids were ready to get back on and never leave!  We have also cruised NCL around the Hawaiian Islands - loved the ports, but the ship wasn't as much fun as the Monarch, although our kids thought it was amazing.  Then life got in the way, and finally 11 years later we are cruising again.   We are heading to Alaska in August on the Explorer!  It's a big family vacation with our two (now adult kids) plus their SO's and of course our teenager.  Great way to kick off cruising again!  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.  Janeanne from CT.  My husband and I love to cruise and are almost Emerald on RCCL, have cruised two DCL cruises, one NCCL and even one on the pre-Disney - The big red boat.

Have cruised the Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, New England and Canada.  Going to Alaska next year on the Radiance.  

On 3/22/2018 at 12:47 PM, MomOnTheRun said:

Hi!  I'm Lori, and live in MN.   So much good information here!  Our first cruise was on RCI Monarch back in 2005.  It was a trial run to see what we thought.  We all had a blast, the kids were ready to get back on and never leave!  We have also cruised NCL around the Hawaiian Islands - loved the ports, but the ship wasn't as much fun as the Monarch, although our kids thought it was amazing.  Then life got in the way, and finally 11 years later we are cruising again.   We are heading to Alaska in August on the Explorer!  It's a big family vacation with our two (now adult kids) plus their SO's and of course our teenager.  Great way to kick off cruising again!  

I lived in Minneapolis and worked at Pillsbury years ago. Welcome!!! My favorite place was Russell's for bbq and Leeann Chin.