Introduce yourself!

Matt

My name is Theresia from Oregon. I went on my first cruise with RCCL last November on board of Allure of the Sea headed to Caribbean. I enjoyed it so much and decided to take another cruise which will go to Eastern Mediterranean/Greek Isle on June 16th, 2014 on board Serenade of the Seas. This time the ship is much smaller that Allure of the Seas and there is not much entertainment on board, but the shore excursions are the highlight of this cruise. And this time I plan to take shore excursions in all ports that the ship will docked.

Hi, my name is Michael. I live in Oklahoma but am a proud Texan (irony I know!). My wife and I first cruised for our 4 month belated honeymoon Sept. of 2009 on the Enchantment. We were enchanted with the Enchantment. 5 years later we're finally able and going again August 31st aboard the Navigator.

Hi, my name is Michael. I live in Oklahoma but am a proud Texan (irony I know!). My wife and I first cruised for our 4 month belated honeymoon Sept. of 2009 on the Enchantment. We were enchanted with the Enchantment. 5 years later we're finally able and going again August 31st aboard the Navigator.

Welcome Michael!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan, Monika, Cassie (16 y/o daughter) and Trager (7 y/o son) from the Tampa, FL area here.  We have cruised with RCI in the past and are planning to go on Freedom in March 15'.  Cannot wait.  Glad to have found the blog and plan to be a regular visitor.  Happy cruising!

Welcome Dan!

Dan, Monika, Cassie (16 y/o daughter) and Trager (7 y/o son) from the Tampa, FL area here.  We have cruised with RCI in the past and are planning to go on Freedom in March 15'.  Cannot wait.  Glad to have found the blog and plan to be a regular visitor.  Happy cruising!

Hi Dan, welcome to the blog  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!  I'm Kyle from D.C. <well, Northern Virginia actually but it's easier to say D.C.>.  I'm 28 and I work full time in the aerospace and defense industry.  I actually just took my first cruise earlier this year: Oasis (Eastern itinerary) in April.  It was everything I expected and more.  I did so much research not only on Oasis but on cruising in general that I knew more than my friends who had been on several cruises in the past.  Part of that was thanks to this site and the podcast, so thanks Matt!

Next up for me is Freedom (Western) on August 31st.  For two friends coming along it will be their first cruise, so this year has been all about first-time cruising!  I became addicted on Oasis and now it is my turn to pay it forward and get my friends hooked as well.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Hello!  I'm Kyle from D.C. <well, Northern Virginia actually but it's easier to say D.C.>.  I'm 28 and I work full time in the aerospace and defense industry.  I actually just took my first cruise earlier this year: Oasis (Eastern itinerary) in April.  It was everything I expected and more.  I did so much research not only on Oasis but on cruising in general that I knew more than my friends who had been on several cruises in the past.  Part of that was thanks to this site and the podcast, so thanks Matt!

Next up for me is Freedom (Western) on August 31st.  For two friends coming along it will be their first cruise, so this year has been all about first-time cruising!  I became addicted on Oasis and now it is my turn to pay it forward and get my friends hooked as well.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome Kyle!  I've enjoyed your photos that you have sent in for Friday Photos!

Hi everyone, I'm Steve. My wife and I love cruising but need to increase our frequency! We've been on Carnival, Costa, and Premier (remember "The Big Red Boat"? We were on their final voyage). After sailing on Serenade in Alaska we were hooked on Royal Caribbean.

From our condo in Galveston we are cruise nerds... watching Navigator of the Seas and the Carnival ships come and go each week, wishing we were onboard. That wish comes true this month when we board Navigator!

Thanks for all the great stories and advice from Matt and everyone on the message boards!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm Steve. My wife and I love cruising but need to increase our frequency! We've been on Carnival, Costa, and Premier (remember "The Big Red Boat"? We were on their final voyage). After sailing on Serenade in Alaska we were hooked on Royal Caribbean.

From our condo in Galveston we are cruise nerds... watching Navigator of the Seas and the Carnival ships come and go each week, wishing we were onboard. That wish comes true this month when we board Navigator!

Thanks for all the great stories and advice from Matt and everyone on the message boards!

Steve I would kill to have a condo with a view of a cruise port!  That is awesome.

Steve I would kill to have a condo with a view of a cruise port!  That is awesome.

We love living in Galveston. It's one of those places that you have to spend some time in, explore a little, and understand the history before you really feel the attraction to this island. I am glad to have a job close enough to the Gulf so we can live here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, all. I'm Mike. From Texas, living in Pennsylvania. Last cruised RCCL in 1997. 2 Disney Wonder cruises in 2002& 2003. Just booked a cruise on Freedom for Aug 2015. Looking forward to cruising with my family after a many year break.

Hello, I'm Jeanne, my husband Kerry, our son Liam (age 15) my mom Kay & my mother in law Barbara will be sailing on our first rccl cruise on Nov 22 on the Serenade of the Seas from New Orleans. We've sailed other cruise lines from NO, Galveston & Fort Lauderdale but have heard wonderful things about royal so we're trying something new.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Scott and I've listened to Matt for a long time on WDW Today. Being a huge Disney fan, I was finally convinced to take my first cruise on DCL in 2011 (a 5-night Bahamas cruise on the Dream.) I was immediately hooked on cruising. We've since cruised three more times on DCL (5-night Bahamas on the Dream, 4-night Cozumel from Galveston on the Wonder, and a 7-night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy.) 

Then, my brother-in-law and his wife asked us to cruise to Alaska with them next summer, without the kids. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to test the waters with another cruise line, since the biggest reason we continued to go with Disney was the family entertainment. So, now we are booked on Jewel of the Seas!

While looking for information about Royal Caribbean, I found the RoyalCaribbeanBlog podcast, and a familiar voice! I've caught up on all the old episodes, so now I'm taking to the forum to try to figure out some of my questions that haven't been answered!

• 1 month later...

Hello My name is Jennifer and new here. I have cruised before but not on RCI, My husband Greg is new to cruising, but We are booked on the Navigator of the Seas June 21, 2015. We are super excited. My youngest daughter is graduating in June so she wanted a cruise for graduation (her last cruise was when she was 7) and my Bonus son ( greg jr) will be 15 and this is his first cruise too...

I am glad I found this forum and hope to get to make lots of friends and learn alot about Royal Caribbean as well.... 

Greg and Jennifer

Hello My name is Jennifer and new here. I have cruised before but not on RCI, My husband Greg is new to cruising, but We are booked on the Navigator of the Seas June 21, 2015. We are super excited. My youngest daughter is graduating in June so she wanted a cruise for graduation (her last cruise was when she was 7) and my Bonus son ( greg jr) will be 15 and this is his first cruise too...

I am glad I found this forum and hope to get to make lots of friends and learn alot about Royal Caribbean as well.... 

Greg and Jennifer

Welcome to the forums!  A graduation gift sounds like a great vacation.  I think you'll enjoy cruising with RC and hope you'll stick around here to become a part of the community!

I'm Kris and talked with Matt on Episode 53 of the podcast about my expectations regarding my families upcoming Jewel cruise.  This will be our first time on Royal since our Legend cruise on 12/31/2005 and the cruise that bumps us from Platinum to Emerald.  This will also be my son's first time on Royal, although he's been on 11 other cruises previously.

It seems that we're "all in" with Royal as we've also booked the Brilliance for July 2015 out of England for the Norwegian Fjords/Iceland route and the Liberty out of Texas in January 2016.

I'm a huge fan of cruising, as is my son.  My wife is less of a fan, but appreciates the convenience of cruising and has "come around" with better itineraries.  She and our son also missed the kids clubs on our last land vacation, which is another plus of cruising. :)  In addition, the overall value can't be beat when comparing land and/or Disney vacations with cruise vacations.  I just wish we had more options out of California.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm Mark,

My wife and two sons (12,15) will be going on our first ever cruise on Oasis for the New Year's Eve cruise.

I have no idea what to expect, but have no doubts it will be awesome!!

Cheers

Welcome Mark!  I think you'll have a great time.  Be sure to stay up for midnight, it will be a great experience!

Hello everyone

My name is Barry and my wife is Nicole and we are from upstate NY. We have been on about 6 cruises and we think Royal is the best so car. Our next cruise will be on the Quantum on March 21. Hope to meet others that might be taking that cruise also.

Hope to see everyone around

Barry and Nicole

Hi everyone! I'm Jane from Illinois and I can't wait to go on my very first cruise on March 21 on vision. I'm taking my 3 kids (18, 15 & 12) without my husband whose spring break vacation is the following week. We have been learning so much reading the boards (though I still have a million questions!). We decided on a longer cruise on an older boat, rather than shorter (and more expensive) on a newer one. I'm hoping there is enough for my kids to do. Me,I'm happy to lay on a deck chair in the sun (if I can find one not saved lol)!