Introduce yourself!

Matt

Family of 3 headed on our 5th RCL cruise. Previously done Freedom twice and Oasis twice.....we're headed for Oasis a 3rd time. Our child loves the Flowrider which is great for us because we love sitting at the back of the ship at the Wipeout Bar!

Welcome to the message boards!

Hi everyone; My name is Vivienne, i am a mother of 7 grown children and 14 grand children. I absolutely love cruising as I find being near water very comforting. My first cruise with Royal Caribbean will be 4th Feb 2017 leaving Sydney as I have always cruised with other cruise lines. My last cruise was a few years ago due to fighting breast cancer and trauma linked with an abusive long term marriage which caused Agoraphobia and Panic disorder.
This cruise is going to be part of my recovery and My sister, 21 year old daughter and I have organized one of those stateroom guarantee balcony so I will be able to find a nice quiet spot by the water when needed. I also love Ice skating so am looking forward to trying that out. My daughter loves rock climbing so I guess that's where she will be. Had a bit of a rough start and confusion around organizing the room with a lack of communication and having to go over the same thing with different people every-time we called but hopefully smooth sailing from now. I will gladly provide my feedback and experiences upon completion of this cruise as I am curious to see how they cope with minor mental health issues in comparison to other cruise lines. So excited.

Welcome.

Glad to hear cruising can offer you some peace, I'm sure many here will agree it's how we cope aswell.

My issues may not sound as serious but cruising is still my 'therapy'.

I always look forward to people's reviews when new to cruising (or atleast Royal). I like the fresh perspective.

HI!  My name is Tanya. Our family has 2 RCI cruises booked (just the 4 of us on Oasis in Jan 2017 and an Extended Family cruise to Alaska on Explorer August 2017 - so far 15 of us)- we were able to book 2 RCI under what we would have had to pay for 1 East Carb on Disney.  I have been the person booking everything for both cruises.  So, I am grabbing all the tips and information I can on both ships, ports,  and RCI in general.  We have been on Carnival Spirit to Alaska 2012,  Disney Dream 2012, and Jan 2016 Star Wars Cruise on Disney Fantasy.   What I have learned so far from this awesome podcast is we aren't alone giving RCI a try over Disney.  Our kids love Disney because of the friendships they have been able to make before, during and after the cruise.  I'm hoping they will have the same experience on the Oasis.  So far it is a lot harder to find other cruisers ( I think our Star Wars Cruise last year spoiled us - the kids had pen pals before the cruise and we had meet ups on day 1 and did the fish extenders so had a lot of interactions throughout the experience. )   

Overall - THANK YOU Matt for your awesome podcast (by the way I first found you off the joint podcast you did with DCLBlog on Eastern Carib Ports) I have been listening nonstop since and really wish we would have "accidentally" booked on your group cruise instead of the oasis we are on.  
The group cruise sounds so fun!  Maybe winter 2018....   

HI!  My name is Tanya. Our family has 2 RCI cruises booked (just the 4 of us on Oasis in Jan 2017 and an Extended Family cruise to Alaska on Explorer August 2017 - so far 15 of us)- we were able to book 2 RCI under what we would have had to pay for 1 East Carb on Disney.  I have been the person booking everything for both cruises.  So, I am grabbing all the tips and information I can on both ships, ports,  and RCI in general.  We have been on Carnival Spirit to Alaska 2012,  Disney Dream 2012, and Jan 2016 Star Wars Cruise on Disney Fantasy.   What I have learned so far from this awesome podcast is we aren't alone giving RCI a try over Disney.  Our kids love Disney because of the friendships they have been able to make before, during and after the cruise.  I'm hoping they will have the same experience on the Oasis.  So far it is a lot harder to find other cruisers ( I think our Star Wars Cruise last year spoiled us - the kids had pen pals before the cruise and we had meet ups on day 1 and did the fish extenders so had a lot of interactions throughout the experience. )   

Overall - THANK YOU Matt for your awesome podcast (by the way I first found you off the joint podcast you did with DCLBlog on Eastern Carib Ports) I have been listening nonstop since and really wish we would have "accidentally" booked on your group cruise instead of the oasis we are on.  

The group cruise sounds so fun!  Maybe winter 2018....   

Welcome to the boards, Tanya! So glad you came here and are giving RC a try over DCL.  You are in good company :)

Hi, I'm Wendy. I'm married with 3 daughters age 9, 12, and 17. I've cruised on the Big Red Boat (as a teenager) and just re-discovered how awesome cruising again about 4 years ago. We've been on 3 Carnival trips. We have our first RCI cruise booked for 9/4 on Freedom of the Seas. It's just my husband and I celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. I'm counting down the days. Reading everything I can.

We have our first RCI cruise booked for 9/4 on Freedom of the Seas. It's just my husband and I celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. I'm counting down the days. Reading everything I can.

Hi Wendy!  Welcome and we are on the same cruise! Please feel free to join us for some fun events we are doing onboard: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-blog-freedom-of-the-seas-group-cruise-events

Greetings, my name is Ken. My family and I are starting to cruise again. The Mrs. & I went on a short 4 night Bahama and a 14 night Panama Canal (Honeymoon) trip. We had a little one and now we are introducing him to cruising 10 years later. We are sailing on Aug 29th on Empress and in 2017 on Jewel of the Seas.

Hi everyone! My name is Beckie, and I'm Ken's wife (cookingyo), and we are very much looking forward to getting back into cruising as a family. We've been looking at the blog, message boards, and watching the periscopes since we booked our upcoming cruise and we really enjoy all the "insider" information and tips. Thanks, and keep sharing!

Hello everyone. My name is Judy and I am from Milwaukee. My first cruise was on the New Bahama Star back in 1970 as a young child. I was hooked then. Now I am married with 2 sons- 20 and 15 years old. I wanted my husband and children to love cruising like I do. They are now addicted to cruising as well. We have not experienced the bigger ships yet but that will change in January then June when we try Freedom and Oasis. We are looking forward to sailing them. Since booking I have been trying find out as much info as possible. Looking forward to reading tips for cruising and thanks for sharing.

Hello everyone. My name is Judy and I am from Milwaukee. My first cruise was on the New Bahama Star back in 1970 as a young child. I was hooked then. Now I am married with 2 sons- 20 and 15 years old. I wanted my husband and children to love cruising like I do. They are now addicted to cruising as well. We have not experienced the bigger ships yet but that will change in January then June when we try Freedom and Oasis. We are looking forward to sailing them. Since booking I have been trying find out as much info as possible. Looking forward to reading tips for cruising and thanks for sharing.

Welcome Judy!  The big ships are a lot of fun, I think you will love them!

Hi everyone! My name is Beckie, and I'm Ken's wife (cookingyo), and we are very much looking forward to getting back into cruising as a family. We've been looking at the blog, message boards, and watching the periscopes since we booked our upcoming cruise and we really enjoy all the "insider" information and tips. Thanks, and keep sharing!

Welcome Beckie. Thanks for checking out the blog and Periscope!

Greetings, my name is Ken. My family and I are starting to cruise again. The Mrs. & I went on a short 4 night Bahama and a 14 night Panama Canal (Honeymoon) trip. We had a little one and now we are introducing him to cruising 10 years later. We are sailing on Aug 29th on Empress and in 2017 on Jewel of the Seas.

Welcome Ken! You picked some great sailings

Hi All :-) My name is Bev and I live in Queensland Australia. Will be cruising for the first time with Royal Caribbean on the Voyager of the Seas, departing from Perth and cruising the bottom of Australia,  few ports in New Zealand and ending up in Sydney, and this is happening Oct next year.

Hi All :-) My name is Bev and I live in Queensland Australia. Will be cruising for the first time with Royal Caribbean on the Voyager of the Seas, departing from Perth and cruising the bottom of Australia,  few ports in New Zealand and ending up in Sydney, and this is happening Oct next year.

Welcome to the boards, Bev!

Hello!  My name is Amanda.  My husband and I went on our first cruise in Dec 2015 and loved it so we booked another right away. We even have friends joining us for their first time!  We now know there will be many more cruises in our future for us and our kids (once older! 3 and 1 right now).  Our fun and excitement of our first perked my in-laws interest and they set sail tomorrow. 

As a newbie, I joined looking for further information and learning new tips and tricks we didn't know. 

Hello!  My name is Amanda.  My husband and I went on our first cruise in Dec 2015 and loved it so we booked another right away. We even have friends joining us for their first time!  We now know there will be many more cruises in our future for us and our kids (once older! 3 and 1 right now).  Our fun and excitement of our first perked my in-laws interest and they set sail tomorrow. 

As a newbie, I joined looking for further information and learning new tips and tricks we didn't know. 

Welcome Amanda!

Welcome.

Glad to hear cruising can offer you some peace, I'm sure many here will agree it's how we cope aswell.

My issues may not sound as serious but cruising is still my 'therapy'.

I always look forward to people's reviews when new to cruising (or atleast Royal). I like the fresh perspective.

Thank you Jerel I do believe it is great therapy for many things. How could it not be :)

post-4953-0-01488500-1471136247_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Robert and my wife and I along with our 2 children took our first cruise this year in June on Anthem, I wasn't sure how I would take to it as i work on ships in the oil and gas industry but we all had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so much so we have already booked again for next year. We first booked Oasis in October  but then thought that was too long a wait so have also booked Rhapsody in April both for 7 day Caribbean tours.

Can see how easy it is to become hooked on cruising  :)

Hello, my name is Robert and my wife and I along with our 2 children took our first cruise this year in June on Anthem, I wasn't sure how I would take to it as i work on ships in the oil and gas industry but we all had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so much so we have already booked again for next year. We first booked Oasis in October  but then thought that was too long a wait so have also booked Rhapsody in April both for 7 day Caribbean tours.

Can see how easy it is to become hooked on cruising  :)

Welcome to the boards, Robert!

I'm Judy. My hubby (Burnie) and I love to cruise. We are taking our daughter (Whitney),

son-n-law (Chuck), all four Grands, and my oldest Grandson's girl friend on Oasis July 2017.

Welcome Judy! We have a great group of folks here and look forward to you becoming part of our family!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - long time reader or the blog but, I'll be honest, I hadn't even noticed the message boards until Matt mentioned them in a podcast recently. Usually went to CC instead for message board stuff; glad to have this option now as well

Name is Rob - from Kentucky, but now living in Ft Myers, FL (on the SW coast of the state, about halfway between Tampa and Miami).

Initially skeptical of cruising but after losing my cruise virginity to Adventure of the Seas in 2001 I am now a full fledged addict. Ironically, my wife (who was the cruiser that got me going) is now the one I have to push/pull to get to go on the cruises!

Have sailed on Adventure 2x, Enchantment 1x, Liberty 2x, Allure 3x and Independence 1x.

Have bookings on Harmony (Nov 2016 & Apr 2018), Independence (Dec 2016 & Apr 2017) and as soon as it opens we're going to book a Baltic cruise (likely on Vision) in July 2018

Happily married - step dad to two kids (one out of college, one going back for Bachelor's Degree #2) and father to triplets (two girls and a boy). Also parent to various dogs, a cat, a turtle and fish.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! My name is Angel and I am a newbie to RC. I am actually a amateur cruiser since I have only been on one cruise and that was with Carnival. I am currently booked on Freedom of the Seas for March 2017 and I am super excited! My husband and I will be celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. I am a mother to 3, ages 23,19, and 16 and six fur babies and we live in the mountains of Tennessee. I am hoping to take many more cruises in my future!

Hello all! My name is Angel and I am a newbie to RC. I am actually a amateur cruiser since I have only been on one cruise and that was with Carnival. I am currently booked on Freedom of the Seas for March 2017 and I am super excited! My husband and I will be celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. I am a mother to 3, ages 23,19, and 16 and six fur babies and we live in the mountains of Tennessee. I am hoping to take many more cruises in my future!

Welcome Angel!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm Tannie. My husband Jeff and I did our inaugural cruise around Hawaii for our honeymoon in 1990 aboard the now retired SS Constitution. 

We have been avid Vegas travellers for 25 years but then I won a cruise (air included) on the Jewel of the Seas, in a balcony cabin, and I was hooked. We are spending Halloween (this year) on the Freedom of the Seas and are booked for an Alaskan cruise with Princess in 2017.

We live on the West Coast of Canada and between the airfare and exchange rate, we can not do more than one cruise a year, but would love to.