Introduce yourself!

Matt

Hi!

My name is Jacki and I have recently become a huge Royal Caribbean fan. I live in upstate New York where winter lasts WAY too long every year, and sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is the thought of my next (or planning my next) cruise! I really enjoy reading everyone's posts and look forward to participating more!

Jacki  :)

Hi Jacki-

Welcome to the boards!  I live in upstate NY too, in Delmar just outside of Albany :)

Hello Everyone,

I am Candie and am from Irving, Texas. I am a solo/single cruiser! I try to cruise once a month, every month, benefits of being retired. I just had hip replacement surgery, 3 months ago, and doctor wouldn't let me cruise from December 2015 until May 2016. First I had to cancel 5 booked cruises, a terrible nightmare, and then had to sit at home and watch daytime television. OMG, I am glad that is over and I can start cruising again.

Hopefully will get to meet you on a cruise some time.

Candie

Hi I'm Della my husband Mark and I are from Texas love to cruise going in June on the Adventure for our 40 th anniversary and then on the Oasis next Feb. for Marks 60 th birthday.

We love to plan our trips and gather all the info we can. Glad I came across this site I'm sure we will learn a lot.

Hello everybody,

I'm Sue, from the Cape Cod MA area. I also love to cruise and am glad to finally found this site....thanks to Matt's blog scopes on Periscope.

Our next cruise is June 11 on the Anthem to Bermuda, a place we have cruised to several times and love. It will be my DH,my 18 year old nephew and myself. My  nephew is graduating high school and then 3 weeks later he is off to Paris Island to Marine boot camp so we are sneaking this cruise inbetween as a combo graduation/going away present. Steven has never been on a real vacation (other then cross country in a truck, lol) so we are really looking forward to experiencing the cruise through his eyes. We will book a February cruise when we are onboard, still trying to decide between a couple choices.

Hope to sail with you all someday  :)

I'm Sue, from the Cape Cod MA area. I also love to cruise and am glad to finally found this site....thanks to Matt's blog scopes on Periscope.

Welcome, Sue! Thanks for watching the Periscopes and for joining us here on the boards.  We have a great community that love to talk RC!

Hi I'm Della my husband Mark and I are from Texas love to cruise going in June on the Adventure for our 40 th anniversary and then on the Oasis next Feb. for Marks 60 th birthday.

We love to plan our trips and gather all the info we can. Glad I came across this site I'm sure we will learn a lot.

Welcome Della and Mark! Adventure is a great ship.

I am Candie and am from Irving, Texas. I am a solo/single cruiser! I try to cruise once a month, every month, benefits of being retired. I just had hip replacement surgery, 3 months ago, and doctor wouldn't let me cruise from December 2015 until May 2016. First I had to cancel 5 booked cruises, a terrible nightmare, and then had to sit at home and watch daytime television. OMG, I am glad that is over and I can start cruising again.

So glad you are here and thanks for posting!

Hi I'm Jeff. I've known Matt for several years, and now he's gotten me hooked on cruising with Royal Caribbean. I live in Orlando, FL, which means both Tampa and Port Canaveral are just a short drive away.

My family has done two RCI cruises so far (Brilliance in November 2014, Serenade in May 2015 to the Norwegian fjords). We're leaving on Independence in a week for Labadee and Falmouth with our six month old. And this November, we're taking the entire family (18 people including 10 kids) on Oasis.

Hi I'm Jeff. I've known Matt for several years, and now he's gotten me hooked on cruising with Royal Caribbean. I live in Orlando, FL, which means both Tampa and Port Canaveral are just a short drive away.

My family has done two RCI cruises so far (Brilliance in November 2014, Serenade in May 2015 to the Norwegian fjords). We're leaving on Independence in a week for Labadee and Falmouth with our six month old. And this November, we're taking the entire family (18 people including 10 kids) on Oasis.

Welcome to the boards, Jeff!

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I should say hello. My name is Jeff. I hail from a small city in northern California called Suisun. (soo-soon) Currently residing in New Bern, NC. I Iove cruising. I love to cook too. Looking forward to meeting lots of you fellow fanatics.

Guess I should say hello. My name is Jeff. I hail from a small city in northern California called Suisun. (soo-soon) Currently residing in New Bern, NC. I Iove cruising. I love to cook too. Looking forward to meeting lots of you fellow fanatics.

Welcome, Jeff.

Be sure to follow @theRCLBlog on Twitter and Periscope as Matt Periscopes daily.  It's a great time for everyone to chat about cruising.  The blog hosts group cruises that are a ton of fun, the most recent of which was February on the Allure.  More are coming in September and February, checkout royalcaribbeanblog.com/events for more info.

Every week I Periscope ships leaving Port Everglades, you can find me at @monorailmedic on Periscope and Twitter.

Be sure to post if you have any sailings coming up.  You might find others onboard, get some tips, or be able to share tips with other cruisers.

Bill H

Welcome, Jeff.

I am going to take a stab and guess that you are a Marine aviator - or associated with the airwing in some way.

Active duty or retired ?

I lived in New Bern many times throughout our Marine Corps career.  I miss that area very much.

There are a couple of us - Marine wives - on this blog.

Welcome to our family !

Semper Fi !

Hello everyone, I'm Mandy. I am from West, Texas (located half way between Austin and Dallas.) I had the incredible experience of cruising for the first time just 2 weeks ago and I can say without hesitation that I am hooked!! I so look forward to taking my wonderful husband on his very first cruise in September 2017 for our 10 year anniversary <3

Hello everyone, I'm Mandy. I am from West, Texas (located half way between Austin and Dallas.) I had the incredible experience of cruising for the first time just 2 weeks ago and I can say without hesitation that I am hooked!! I so look forward to taking my wonderful husband on his very first cruise in September 2017 for our 10 year anniversary <3

Welcome Mandy. An early congratulations on your 10 year anniversary next year. Also, sorry to hear of the troubles in West. Hope they catch the person(s) responsible for the fire.

Welcome Mandy. An early congratulations on your 10 year anniversary next year. Also, sorry to hear of the troubles in West. Hope they catch the person(s) responsible for the fire.

Thank you sulross! My husband and I are super ecstatic! West is really doing well, the rebuilding process has been trying at times, but we are a resilient town! Thank you for your kind words.

Guest toodle68

Hello all..  From Richmond, VA... my wife has been cruising since the 90's and loves it.  I never thought anyone would get me on a cruise since most of my travels has been 'free form' ..  ie, go to location and go and do what I please..  However, we went for a short 4 night cruise out of Miami in 2015 and I loved it.  The only issue we have is that whilst the cruise might be cheaper than hotels / meals etc.. the cost to get to ports etc really racks up the price, especially for our next cruise out of Galveston. 

Our next cruise is western Caribbean in Jan 2017.  I wanted to see what a bigger ship was like so choose this cruise over the one out of Tampa on the Rhapsody Of The Seas. 

..  we have Maine and Alaska on our near future list.. and I want to do Panama Canal but see that RC does not travel through there..   Longer term, the Scandinavian cruises look awesome.

I'm Marcy from western Texas. DH and I have been on several cruises, but only one Royal Caribbean. We went to Alaska last year on RC. It was a great cruise and we're in the process of planning another for next year.

Welcome Marcy!

Helllllloooooo...from the Edwards Family (mom.dad.11yo)

Our 1st cruise on Vision OTS Mar2015 went without a hitch and was so much fun...

making us #loyaltoroyalfromday1

So looking forward to Freedom OTS Mar2017

This is such a nice blog...glad to have it available.

Thanks to all of you :)

Helllllloooooo...from the Edwards Family (mom.dad.11yo)

Our 1st cruise on Vision OTS Mar2015 went without a hitch and was so much fun...

making us #loyaltoroyalfromday1

So looking forward to Freedom OTS Mar2017

This is such a nice blog...glad to have it available.

Thanks to all of you :)

Welcome Edwards family!

Hi from DC, this is a warm welcome

Welcome to the boards!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello from Cleveland Ohio! My name is Dana, I went on my first cruise in 2011 and never looked back. My first cruise was with Royal Caribbean and I have been a loyal passenger ever since! I'm glad there is so many other "cruise geeks" like me I can talk Royal Caribbean with everyday! Happy cruising all!!!post-4733-0-41219300-1466125783_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.  A warm greeting to all from Louisville, KY.  We are Don and Meg and new to cruising.  Our first was last June on Splendour of the Seas in the Eastern Mediterranean.  Wonderful cruise that we enjoyed so much that we're now booked on Oasis in October (Western Caribbean) and just reserved a 10 day Sydney to New Zealand in March 2018.  Looking forward very much to both.  We're still learning the ropes and this site is a wealth of information; thanks to everyone for that.  But must admit that I'm still struggling with some of the acronyms, e.g. BOGO and WOW sale.  Will figure it out eventually...