Introduce yourself!

Matt

Hello, I'm Ronald. I just came across this site and love all the shared info. My wife and I live in Michigan. We have been on 5 cruises and are loyal to RCI.  We have made some great friends with some great people on past cruises.  We leave for our sixth cruise on February 2, 2014 on Freedom our daughter and new son in law. Once again love the site.

Welcome Ronald!  Looking forward to seeing your comments on the boards here.

Hi there! This seems to be a good thread for a first post here.

I'm Marc from a bit south of Pittsburgh, PA. I've cruised a bunch of times including a few cruises on Carnival, Celebrity, and Princess, but we've come to fall in love with Royal Caribbean ever since our cruise on Liberty of the Seas back in 2007. We had actually sailed Royal Caribbean once before on Viking Serenade, but that was not a good example of Royal Caribbean cruising. I've been on twelve Royal Caribbean cruises so far and look forward to sailing with them many times in the future!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm Angela and from the UK.  I am new to RC and we leave on our first cruise aboard the Oasis on Aug 2nd for the Western Caribbean cruise.  We are super excited and although have cruised the Med before we know this will be very different.  Any suggestions, recommendations are gratefully received.  I am also travelling with my husband and 3 boys who are aged 14, 13 and 5.  We are hoping to do some excursions and know we want to go snorkelling but not sure of what else due to our youngest boy.  We are staying in Fort Lauderdale 3 days prior and hope to go on an airboat ride.  If anyone has any recommendations on that too, all are gratefully received.

I'm Joyce from Illinois but presently living in San Antonio.  My first Royal Caribbean cruise was in 1984 on Song of America!!  I have been cruising ever since, and my next RCI cruise will be on Navigator in November.  I am looking forward to Matt's live blog next month and hoping for some info about the renovated NOTS.

Hi my name is Rhonda. My husband Jason and I are from Brooklin, Ontario, Canada. Our first Cruise was on the Serenade in 2008 to Alaska.  That ship was wonderful.  We then set our sites on the Oasis in 2011 and are excited to try The Quantum in 2015,  We are also DVC members and have almost done all of the Disney ships, we complete the last one in November this year.

Hi my name is Rhonda. My husband Jason and I are from Brooklin, Ontario, Canada. Our first Cruise was on the Serenade in 2008 to Alaska.  That ship was wonderful.  We then set our sites on the Oasis in 2011 and are excited to try The Quantum in 2015,  We are also DVC members and have almost done all of the Disney ships, we complete the last one in November this year.

Welcome Rhonda (and Jason)!   Glad you found your way here

Matt, thanks for the welcome!!  I will watch anything you wish to post from Navigator, including sailing away from Galveston.  :)

I do have the port-cam from there to watch as well. 

Great, I can't wait :)

Hey everyone! My name's Bill. My partner, John, and I will be going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise March 21st on Explorer of the Seas. We have been on several cruises in the past, once on Carnival and about six on NCL. We really enjoyed the freestyle, but are very excited to see what Royal has to offer. We have always heard good things. We chose the My Time Dining, because the "regular" cruise dining has always turned us off. I look forward to chatting with everyone on what to expect and then my experience.

Hey everyone! My name's Bill. My partner, John, and I will be going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise March 21st on Explorer of the Seas. We have been on several cruises in the past, once on Carnival and about six on NCL. We really enjoyed the freestyle, but are very excited to see what Royal has to offer. We have always heard good things. We chose the My Time Dining, because the "regular" cruise dining has always turned us off. I look forward to chatting with everyone on what to expect and then my experience.

Welcome Bill!  I think you'll enjoy cruising with Royal Caribbean and look forward to chatting with you here on the boards.  

What I love about Royal Caribbean is if the traditional MDR isnt for you, then you have My Time available too.  It's great to have choices!

Hello fellow cruisers. My name is Jim? I live just north of Dallas TX. I have cruised a couple of times before. Both times were with Carnival. I will be making my first RC voyage this Sunday, February 9th on the Navigator Of The Seas. Have heard many good things from friends that are very frequent RC cruisers, and can't wait to experience it for myself. My wife has one RC cruise under her belt. It was a cruise with her family when she was just 16. Our daughter will be joining us this weekend for her first cruise, and just happens to be 16 like my wife on her first cruise.

Hope to meet some of you on future cruises.

Hello fellow cruisers. My name is Jim? I live just north of Dallas TX. I have cruised a couple of times before. Both times were with Carnival. I will be making my first RC voyage this Sunday, February 9th on the Navigator Of The Seas. Have heard many good things from friends that are very frequent RC cruisers, and can't wait to experience it for myself. My wife has one RC cruise under her belt. It was a cruise with her family when she was just 16. Our daughter will be joining us this weekend for her first cruise, and just happens to be 16 like my wife on her first cruise.

Hope to meet some of you on future cruises.

Welcome Jim! Looking forward to meeting you on Navigator this weekend (man, that feels good to say) and hope you'll become a regular poster here!

Hello All!  

I'm Michael from Knoxville, TN.  I am what you call "Loyal to Royal"  I've sailed on 15 cruises and the last 13 have all been with RCCL. I try to cruise every 3 to 4 months, if I can find a DEAL!  

I'm a big fan of the podcast and many of you might have listened to my Pre & Post Oasis Podcast with Matt.  

I look forward to talking Royal with everyone. 

Michael. 

Hello All!  

I'm Michael from Knoxville, TN.  I am what you call "Loyal to Royal"  I've sailed on 15 cruises and the last 13 have all been with RCCL. I try to cruise every 3 to 4 months, if I can find a DEAL!  

I'm a big fan of the podcast and many of you might have listened to my Pre & Post Oasis Podcast with Matt.  

I look forward to talking Royal with everyone. 

Michael. 

Welcome to the boards Michael!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all fellow cruisers! We are Hoosiers from Southern Indiana. We've been on 27 cruises spread between Carnival, HAL, RCI, NCL, Princess and Celebrity. We recently finished our third RCI cruise, which was on the Serenade out of NOLA. It was one of our better cruises and we fell in love with ship. On the last full day aboard we decided to book our same stateroom for a B2B cruise for New Year and the week after. :)  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!  My name is Angela and I am booked on my first RCCL cruise for this October on Freedom of the Seas!!  It will be me, hubby, our two boys (ages 11 & 14) and a daughter (age 7) .  I'm a life long Disney fan and this will be our first non-Disney family vacation in 14 years!!  We've done 2 cruises on DCL and lots of trips to WDW!  Can't wait to learn more about RCCL from all the experts here :)

Hello!  My name is Angela and I am booked on my first RCCL cruise for this October on Freedom of the Seas!!  It will be me, hubby, our two boys (ages 11 & 14) and a daughter (age 7) .  I'm a life long Disney fan and this will be our first non-Disney family vacation in 14 years!!  We've done 2 cruises on DCL and lots of trips to WDW!  Can't wait to learn more about RCCL from all the experts here :)

Welcome to the message boards Angela! I think you and your family will love Royal Caribbean!

Feel free to post any questions you have on the boards for us to help you with.  Don't be shy!

Welcome aboard fellow Hoosiers! :)  :)

Hey! I've been reading this blog for months and I'm excited to be a member. We are from Alabama and our upcoming cruise on the Allure will be our 15th with Royal Caribbean. I look forward to getting to know everybody better and keeping up on the latest news. :)

Welcome to the message boards! Thank you for reading the blog and I hope you will find the boards here equally as interesting

Hey! I've been reading this blog for months and I'm excited to be a member. We are from Alabama and our upcoming cruise on the Allure will be our 15th with Royal Caribbean. I look forward to getting to know everybody better and keeping up on the latest news. :)

Welcome aboard! It looks like our USI's former basketball coach from a few years ago is going to be the new coach at Auburn.

My name is bob. I'm from central new York state. I'm a big fan of rccl, and am looking forward to time on the Vision on April 29th - May 3rd!

Welcome Bob.  Glad you found us here and I think you'll have a great time on Vision!

Hello friends of RCCL, my name is Dirk and I am from Cologne / Germany. I did my first cruise with Royal C. back in 2012 when my wife Claudia and I sailed on the Mariner in the East Mediterranean Sea. Now we are looking forward to cross the atlantic on board of the Serenade (from New Orleans to Barcelona) in April  :)

Hello friends of RCCL, my name is Dirk and I am from Cologne / Germany. I did my first cruise with Royal C. back in 2012 when my wife Claudia and I sailed on the Mariner in the East Mediterranean Sea. Now we are looking forward to cross the atlantic on board of the Serenade (from New Orleans to Barcelona) in April  :)

Welcome to the boards Dirk (guttentag)!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all! I'm Stacy and love everything Disney but when I'm not doing Disney I'm planning a Royal Caribbean cruise.  I've only sailed once on RCCL - FOS but I have 2 cruises booked right now: Indy in Nov '14 and FOS Mar '15. I've been enjoying the podcasts, gathering the tips/tricks, and getting excited for the cruises!

Hey all! I'm Stacy and love everything Disney but when I'm not doing Disney I'm planning a Royal Caribbean cruise.  I've only sailed once on RCCL - FOS but I have 2 cruises booked right now: Indy in Nov '14 and FOS Mar '15. I've been enjoying the podcasts, gathering the tips/tricks, and getting excited for the cruises!

Welcome Stacy! Glad to meet another Disney/RC fan and hope you'll post here often so we can all get to know you

• 1 month later...

Hi - I have been cruising along since 1989, mostly with RCCL - most recent was May 2014 on Allure of the Seas.

If there is anything that I can help with, i.e. new cruisers, etc - feel free to ask.

I am a dad of a wonderful 19-yr old special needs young man, a retired police officer, and a battler of cancer (which I find that cruises are therapeutic). 

I have stayed in an assortment of staterooms from Jr. Suites on down. I prefer balcony on most cruises and am currently a C&A Platinum member about to be raised to Emerald - with my in-laws at Diamond, I am trying to catch up with them as fast as I can. 

Welcome Stacyleigh75 :). We love Disney too in fact we got married at the magic Kingdom and had our first RC cruise last year on the independence. You will love it here , great info and great people.

Welcome Hwyfuzz, you've come to the right place to share info and chat to some great people.

We can't wait for next year as the Allure is coming over here and hope to try Oasis class for the first time but with the Anthem coming to Southampton it's going to be a tough choice to decide which to try first :) .