Introduce yourself!

Matt

@Neesa  Hello everyone, Denise from Florida. New to cruising in 2016 with hubby and daughter, Disney was our first and subsequent choice. Disney people speak so highly of RC that we are taking the leap for our first RC sailing November 2019. Scott from the Disney blog directed me here and I am happy to say we are so excited to set sail on our new adventure. Thanks to everyone for all of the best information and the warmest of welcomes. Funny thing is I never thought I would like cruising but now I just can't get enough. :27_sunglasses:

18 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@Neesa  Hello everyone, Denise from Florida. New to cruising in 2016 with hubby and daughter, Disney was our first and subsequent choice. Disney people speak so highly of RC that we are taking the leap for our first RC sailing November 2019. Scott from the Disney blog directed me here and I am happy to say we are so excited to set sail on our new adventure. Thanks to everyone for all of the best information and the warmest of welcomes. Funny thing is I never thought I would like cruising but now I just can't get enough. :27_sunglasses:

Welcome. I am jealous. Living in Florida. Have a great cruise.

Been creeping on here for a while now, but trying to get more involved so figured I'd introduce myself! My name is Brenna, I'm from NY but now live in NJ due to working in the big apple. I went on my first cruise with my husbands family in 2017/18 (Vision of the Seas, New Years Cruise out of TX) and was instantly hooked. My husband and I were on Allure in Sept 2018 for our honeymoon and fell in love with Oasis class. We'l be sailing on Harmony this year for our anniversary. I'm eyeing Oasis when she comes up here after AMPing ?  This blog & forum has been such an amazing help to me both with planning, enjoying and keeping busy at work dreaming over everyone's live blogs! 

49 minutes ago, Brenna said:

Been creeping on here for a while now, but trying to get more involved so figured I'd introduce myself! My name is Brenna

Welcome aboard, Brenna! Gotta be honest, when I first saw the name I thought I was about to read my older daughter's confession, fessing up to secretly becoming cruise addicted! ?

I am Julie and I am new to the site... have been asking all sorts of questions, as I am super excited in anticipation of my first RC cruise (on Anthem) with my aunt, cousin and cousins boyfriend and son, this coming NYE!   I have been on one cruise, but it was a Greek Island cruise for 4 days, in the middle of a 17 day greece tour, back in 1994.  That was a long time ago, and that ship (the MTS TRITON) was tiny compared to these ships!  I am super excited and am one of those people who enjoys the trip planning almost as much as the actual trip, and so I have really enjoyed this site!   I was thinking it would be awesome if there was a section on here for 'Singles' to get to know other singles. I am not trying to find myself a Love Boat situation, but it would be nice to touch base with other single cruisers... most everyone I have met here so far is married...any other singles out there?! lol

10 hours ago, kittysoul said:

any other singles out there?! 

Can't help you there, but I do remember that the Royal ships we have been on have had singles get togethers more than once during a cruise. There is usually one on the first night. Details for place and time are usually posted on a board near customer service and I think in the cruise planner also.

14 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Welcome aboard, Brenna! Gotta be honest, when I first saw the name I thought I was about to read my older daughter's confession, fessing up to secretly becoming cruise addicted! ?

Haha! I never come across people with my name! You have good taste in naming your kids ? 

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome ?

On 7/5/2019 at 11:17 PM, kittysoul said:

but it would be nice to touch base with other single cruisers... most everyone I have met here so far is married...any other singles out there?! lol

Welcome! Cruising solo is enjoyable, why wait for everyone else?! I just came home from my first solo land vacation a few weeks ago to Italy.

50 minutes ago, ellcee said:

I just came home from my first solo land vacation a few weeks ago to Italy.

Hi Ellcee ..help me out here please, if you can:

My adult daughter is looking to go solo. What is worse to me as a worry wart Dad is that she wants to do a road trip. She and our other daughter and a friend travel a lot together. But this plan of hers, truthfully, scares the heck out of me. She is a mature responsible woman. So this problem is mine, not hers.

As her contemporary, do you have any words that can make me feel any better?

Anyone else, please feel free to chime in.

2 hours ago, Skid said:

As her contemporary, do you have any words that can make me feel any better?

I'm likely closer to your age than hers but I'll say this...does she practice common sense? Street smarts? AAA? If the answers are yes she's fine.

In this day and age it's perfectly acceptable and very easy to keep in touch and set up a plan for her to let you know where she is every day. It'll set your mind at ease and it's easy on her end.

22 minutes ago, ellcee said:

I'm likely closer to your age than hers but I'll say this...does she practice common sense? Street smarts? AAA? If the answers are yes she's fine.

In this day and age it's perfectly acceptable and very easy to keep in touch and set up a plan for her to let you know where she is every day. It'll set your mind at ease and it's easy on her end. 

Thank you @ellcee, appreciate your reply. Will take @twangster.s advice (because he's right) and not post anything further about this on this thread.

Hi Matt and RCBers!  My name is ART - already taken on this blog.  My wife and I started cruising in 96 for our Honeymoon  [Southern Caribbean on Carnival Inspiration] and have completed 27 cruises since.  We were on the Anthem in June and unfortunately missed the recent group cruise.  I enjoy the podcast and hope to learn more from the blog and message board.

Happy Cruising All...

42 minutes ago, YOLO said:

Hi Matt and RCBers!  My name is ART - already taken on this blog.  My wife and I started cruising in 96 for our Honeymoon  [Southern Caribbean on Carnival Inspiration] and have completed 27 cruises since.  We were on the Anthem in June and unfortunately missed the recent group cruise.  I enjoy the podcast and hope to learn more from the blog and message board.

Happy Cruising All...

Welcome!

48 minutes ago, andy said:

Hi Im Andy, I'm from the UK and along with my two teenage children will be on our first ever cruise next month on Symphony. We are all very excited and I am grateful to have recently found these forums.

Hi Andy - Welcome to the RCB!  I am guessing you found @Matt 's podcast too.  I use Player FM to auto download it and listen when I have free time.  I haven't been on the Symphony yet, but have sailed on Oasis & Allure sister ships.  Personally, the Oasis class ships are my favorite.  Ceil and I make sure we take a walk through Central Park every night we cruise them, usually right after dinner.  I think you and your children will love it.  It often pretty difficult to plan your shows and dinners in advance on the RCL website.  But try your best to plan in advance.  Since it's your first cruise you should try to experience all the shows.  And on a 7N Symphony cruise it might be a bit a challenge to fit all you want to do in.  Are you going Eastern or Western?

ART

11 hours ago, YOLO said:

Hi Andy - Welcome to the RCB!  I am guessing you found @Matt 's podcast too.  I use Player FM to auto download it and listen when I have free time.  I haven't been on the Symphony yet, but have sailed on Oasis & Allure sister ships.  Personally, the Oasis class ships are my favorite.  Ceil and I make sure we take a walk through Central Park every night we cruise them, usually right after dinner.  I think you and your children will love it.  It often pretty difficult to plan your shows and dinners in advance on the RCL website.  But try your best to plan in advance.  Since it's your first cruise you should try to experience all the shows.  And on a 7N Symphony cruise it might be a bit a challenge to fit all you want to do in.  Are you going Eastern or Western?

ART

Hi, we're going Eastern, we have a couple of shows booked so far, Im spending more time on planning this week. I havent found the podcast as yet but will look, Im a little out of touch with some technology but Im sure I will sort it. Thanks.

@andy  If you are interested in the podcast, you can listen on your computer right from this RCB website.  Here is the link:  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/podcast

Also, good job on booking some of the shows in advance.  With ~6000 passengers on board, not everyone can see the shows at the same time.  I usually book the best show times first, and then make my dinner reservations second.  Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Hello all, 

I guess i have been remiss, and missed this part of the forums introducing myself. My name is Greg, I'm from Upstate NY. I cruise along with my wife Heather, and our two kids D10 S6. We also often travel with my sister as well. We have completed two cruises with RC, with the last one being a Sky Class suite on Anthem, and my wife has been oficially spoiled, and as such my wallet empty, because she wont let me book anything less than a suite from now on. 

We have three upcoming cruises, Navigator 9/23/19, thank you @twangster for your live blog, Liberty 2/16/20, and Oasis 2/21/21 which will be our first foray into Star Class, which we are so excited for. Ive read the  @Lovetocruise2002 star class blog many times as well as reading and living vicariously through others while in dry dock.  I am considering adding my own live blogs for our upcoming cruises, and I look forward to contributing to and lerning with this great community.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@emsff02 Welcome Greg! I think that @betatke1480 might be on that star class sailing of yours!

Outstanding! It would be fun to meet people from here. We have a 2br Aquatheater Suite since there are 6 of us on that cruie. We are really excited about this cruise (well, all of them really) but something about star class just ramps up the excitement a bit more I think.

Just now, emsff02 said:

Outstanding! It would be fun to meet people from here. We have a 2br Aquatheater Suite since there are 6 of us on that cruie. We are really excited about this cruise (well, all of them really) but something about star class just ramps up the excitement a bit more I think.

I’ll let Lance confirm this but that date sounds really familiar....

7 hours ago, emsff02 said:

Hello all, 

I guess i have been remiss, and missed this part of the forums introducing myself. My name is Greg, I'm from Upstate NY. I cruise along with my wife Heather, and our two kids D10 S6. We also often travel with my sister as well. We have completed two cruises with RC, with the last one being a Sky Class suite on Anthem, and my wife has been oficially spoiled, and as such my wallet empty, because she wont let me book anything less than a suite from now on. 

We have three upcoming cruises, Navigator 9/23/19, thank you @twangster for your live blog, Liberty 2/16/20, and Oasis 2/21/21 which will be our first foray into Star Class, which we are so excited for. Ive read the  @Lovetocruise2002 star class blog many times as well as reading and living vicariously through others while in dry dock.  I am considering adding my own live blogs for our upcoming cruises, and I look forward to contributing to and lerning with this great community.

Welcome Greg! Greetings from "downstate"!