Introduce yourself!

Matt

On 4/15/2019 at 10:08 AM, bmhightower said:

My name is Mary and my husband Ben and I will be sailing on our first Royal Caribbean cruise 5/4-5/17! We are celebrating our 41st anniversary with this cruise on Radiance of the Seas around the Hawaiian Islands.  We have been on 3 other cruises in the Caribbean on other cruise lines.  We love to travel-and this trip is one of bucket list vacations.  Pulling out all the stops on this one!

On 4/16/2019 at 9:49 AM, Anditoo72 said:

My name is Andrea, my husband and I are taking our very first cruise in May same cruise as @bmhightower We are going with another couple very familiar with cruising. I’m so excited I’m already packed!!!

On 4/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, JLC said:

Hello!  I am Jenna from Markham, Ontario Canada.  My husband and daughters (14 and 12) are sailing March 15 on the Oasis!  This is our first RC cruise.   

15 hours ago, Cruisefunatic said:

Hey RC Fans! This is Sean (Cruisefunatic) from Chicago. My wife, and two daughters will be sailing our first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Symphony of the Seas on their New Years cruise. I've been a loyal Disney Cruise line fan with 6 under my belt and 2 Celebrity Cruises (no kids). I've only been cruising for the last two years but have become completely consumed in the whole culture of cruising. I've been listening to all your podcasts Matt and the information is been extremely helpful!

We decided to try out Royal for a number of reasons. We had friends that went on it after trying Disney and LOVED it. We also loved Celebrity and realized that Royal has something going with their different lines. Also as the kids are now a tween and teen, Disney is losing its appeal. Lastly, the price is just ridiculous compared to all the activities, restaurants, shows, etc. I can get on Royal. I'm so confident in the line I've booked 4 MORE Royal cruises after that (Like you Matt, I've researched and discovered the best time to buy is early, I also like connecting rooms). 

Anyway, getting too excited. Looking forward to hearing continued advice from you and your insiders. Thanks again for all your help!

Welcome all! Lots of good information here!

42 minutes ago, TheHobbys said:

Howdy ya'll, I'm John and my wife is Carrie.  I took her on her first cruise in 2010 on Independence and had a blast.  We got married in 2011 and did a B2B on Allure, Eastern/Western routes.  Now we are targeting our future cruises on all the new boats coming out. 

Hello and welcome.

Hi All ?

My name is Suzi and Im from Dublin, Ireland.

Been following this blog for quite a while but this is my first time posting! Next cruise is in 77 days..... double digits but still too far away!!

Love Royal and can never shut up talking about it......if only I could get my friends on board with cruising....working on it!!!

Thanks Matt for this blog its amazing and gets me through the long wait between cruises!

Suzi

35 minutes ago, suzic said:

Thanks Love Cruising, next cruise is on Oasis in the Mediterranean in July. Attempting ton convince the other half to do Symphony in November.... dying to try it!!

Hi Suzi,

I'm from Coventry, England. We've done 2 Med cruises on RC (Navigator and Independence), a Scandinavian on Criwn Princess, got a Med booked for this summer on P&O Azura and just booked our first Caribbean cruise for Christmas on Allure ? so I'll be interested to hear about your experience on Oasis

4 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

Hi Suzi,

I'm from Coventry, England. We've done 2 Med cruises on RC (Navigator and Independence), a Scandinavian on Criwn Princess, got a Med booked for this summer on P&O Azura and just booked our first Caribbean cruise for Christmas on Allure ? so I'll be interested to hear about your experience on Oasis

Hey Hayley!!

You will love Allure, I was on her last year, Oasis the year before before and Harmony the year before that so all I know is the big ships!! Did Allure on Eastern Caribbean last year, St Maarten, Labadee and Puerto Rico, it was out of this world! You will find it hard to go back to the med I can tell ya! The ships themselves, they are amazing, never feel crowded and so much to do. Navigator is my next stop after Symphony.... one day!! To live in the US and be able to drive to ports would make my life so much easier!! ?

Hi, my name is Marco and I live in Madrid, Spain. Next summer, my wife, our two boys and me will be in Miami to sail in Symphony Of the Seas in the Western Caribbean & Perfect Day Cruise. It will be our fourth cruise, our second RC Cruise after the 2017 Mediterranean Cruise with Freedom Of The Seas. We are very excited with the cruise and hoping that it will be a great experience: enjoying the ports, the excursions and, of course, this world's marvel called Symphony Of the Seas.

Thanks for this forum and specially to Matt.

See you aboard!!!

7 minutes ago, MDIAZ72 said:

Hi, my name is Marco and I live in Madrid, Spain. Next summer, my wife, our two boys and me will be in Miami to sail in Symphony Of the Seas in the Western Caribbean & Perfect Day Cruise. It will be our fourth cruise, our second RC Cruise after the 2017 Mediterranean Cruise with Freedom Of The Seas. We are very excited with the cruise and hoping that it will be a great experience: enjoying the ports, the excursions and, of course, this world's marvel called Symphony Of the Seas.

Thanks for this forum and specially to Matt.

See you aboard!!!

welcome!

As Mick Jagger would say... please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of [no] wealth and [even less] taste.

I've been lurking in the background for a while but I have seen a few questions pop up here and there that I felt I could help with and figured I should finally just join and boost Matt's member count by at least one.  

I am a 30 year old attorney based out of central Massachusetts primarily travelling with my wife and expect to travel (hopefully) with the newest addition to our family, a currently 3-month old boy.  We are more or less exclusively RC cruisers and are currently D+.

My own cruise history:

Jun 2003-Empress of the Seas (Nordic Empress at the time) 7 Night NY (actually NY, not NJ) to Bermuda-Interior Stateroom 

Jun 2006-Mariner of the Seas-7 Night Western Caribbean-Interior Stateroom

Dec 2008-Mariner of the Seas-7 Night Western Caribbean-Junior Suite

Aug 2013-Oasis of the Seas-7 Night Eastern Caribbean- Interior Boardwalk Stateroom (first with the wife)

Jul 2016-Enchantment of the Seas-4 Night Bahamas-Interior Stateroom

May 2017-Rhapsody of the Seas-7 Night Greece and Croatia-Ocean View <-- I might revisit this in a not-so-liveblog because it was, by far, one of the best experiences we've had and the Rhapsody (as well as Greece and Croatia) don't seem to get a whole lot of liveblog love, which should be rectified).

At this point many of you more astute observers (or at least those good with math) might be counting up and trying to figure out how 46 =175+.  It does when you are the admittedly fortunate beneficiary of RC's family tier match (even more so for the wife who married into it).  

Upcoming Cruises:

Jan 2020-Adventure of the Seas-8 Night Eastern Caribbean-2 bedroom Grand Suite (GT) w/ the aforementioned family plus the in-laws in a separate stateroom

Jan 2021-Allure of the Seas-7 Night Perfect Day Western Caribbean (Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel)-2 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite (A2) w/ the aforementioned family

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I really signed up mostly to help where I can. 

19 hours ago, Gypsy said:

Hi there! My name is Roleen and I am from Cape town, South Africa. We ( husband, 2 teenage boys and I) will be cruising on the Harmony on 5 Jan 2020. This will be our 5 the cruise. Love cruising and RCaribbean!

Welcome aboard Roleen!!

Hey there everyone, my name is Nick and I live in the suburbs of Detroit, MI. My wife Rachel and I took our first cruise on Majesty a few years ago and quickly became addicted! Its been awhile since our last cruise, we’ve been busy growing our family (we now have FIVE daughters! Its crazy, I know!)

Our oldest girls are in their teen / pre-teen years and we are excited to start cruising with them. Our next cruise is on Explorer OTS in 2021, going to Coco Cay and Labadee. We had to book a couple years out since we decided not to bring our youngest girls on the cruise and wanted to wait until our newborn was a little older to leave them with grandparents!

Fun fact, I work for Coca-Cola as a service technician repairing beverage equipment including Coca-Cola Freestyles and bargun dispensers like the ones Royal ships use to dispense soda drinks at their bars ??

Welcome, Nick!

12 hours ago, Neo said:

Fun fact, I work for Coca-Cola as a service technician repairing beverage equipment including Coca-Cola Freestyles and bargun dispensers like the ones Royal ships use to dispense soda drinks at their bars ??

So when you're on board and someone complains about the Freestyle machines not working, you'll just crack your knuckles, roll up your sleeves, and calmly say, "I got this"? ?