Introduce yourself!

Matt

Welcome Howard! You sure do know how to pick 'em! I love the Oasis class! I am totally jealous. My Enchantment and Navigator upcoming cruises will just have to hold me over until the Harmony cruise my wife is planning. Ah, the problems we have!

This is a great group you've joined. You'll get a lot of great information and meet a lot of super people.

Again, welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks.  Dancing Biker here checking in.  I've never sailed RC before so I thought I'd have a look around here to get the 411. 

looking forward to learning some things about Royal Caribbean and making some contributions to the forum.

DB

Welcome to the forums, DB!  Hope after a little bit, we will convert you into a die-hard RC super fan! ;)

You guys crack me up!

So, I'm currently of the Gold Wing persuasion with outbursts of r6 and CBR1000 when I want to drag a knee on the race track.  I also have two pocket bikes but haven't raced those in years.  Too easy to crash when I throw caution to the wind.

I'd post some pics but, for the life of me, can't figure out how to do it.

DB

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all. Hoping to sail with my son on March 13th on Liberty. His birthday is the 14th so he'll turn 12 at sea. Haven't booked it yet, likely wont be able to until January. 

We went on Carnival Dream this past March and had a blast. Hoping this year to try Royal Caribbean, just to get a little variety. 

What nights are usually formal nights? Hoping this all works well. 

Hi all, I'm Gill and I'm in the UK. Signed up on here today - no idea how come I've never found it before! Just booked a last minute week on Liberty in Jan so very excited about that - and we have the TA on Harmony booked for Oct. I just updated my signature and realised I'm well into double figures on RCI! I'll also turn Diamond after this next one :-) In total I'm on about 25 cruises now, but (shhh) not all with RCI!

Hi all, I'm Gill and I'm in the UK. Signed up on here today - no idea how come I've never found it before! Just booked a last minute week on Liberty in Jan so very excited about that - and we have the TA on Harmony booked for Oct. I just updated my signature and realised I'm well into double figures on RCI! I'll also turn Diamond after this next one :-) In total I'm on about 25 cruises now, but (shhh) not all with RCI!

Welcome to the boards!  So glad to have you here!

Hi Guys and Gals,

Cindy and I are super stoked over our first trip, Brilliance, Jan 7th out of Tampa.  Well, truth be known, I'm stoked.  She's concerned about "motion".....  I'm Praying she stay's settled.  She already has her "patches" for behind the ears, just in case.  We're going with 2 other couples, employee friends of hers/ours.   I"m semi retired as President of a manufacturing plant,  Working a small business out of a home office.  (keeps me outta trouble)  Cindy has over 30 years "complex" HR, working  2 and sometimes more, Int'l Paper Manufacturing plants, here in Central Florida.   She has about 3-4 more years, but keeps telling me "If she can make it that long". LOL

We live about 35 minutes east of Port of Tampa, and have had so much fun "planning" this trip.   I'm enjoying reading all your posts, and appreciate and value your experiences.  If any of you have additional "hints" for newbies, Please feel free to let us know.  Feel like I know some of you guys. Thanks!

Rob

Good morning from England

my name is James, I've only been on 2 cruises so far but I love it !

it all started when I was at work ( Harwich international port) where brilliance used to sail from. and I saw the RCCL brochure in the cruise terminal. I started looking through the brochure and saw this ship called Anthem of the Seas, it looked so bloody amazing!

so I had a word with the girlfriend of 5 years and we decided to book one of her maiden voyages which was a 3 night cruise in April 2015, we went on the ship and I was just blown away by it all! it was one of the best times I've had.

I love the look of all the ship but I must say I think I have to be on a smart ship with the royal IQ, I don't think I could live without that app it was so useful, so that may limit what ships I can go on but I have harmony booked up in may and oasis in October.

I've somehow missed the community board down here.  So, I've been bumming around the message boards for a few months and never formally introduced myself. 

My name is Christie, and my husband and 1 year old daughter and I live in College Station, TX.  I'm a chiropractor and my husband works in information security for Texas A&M.  We are huge Disney fans and used to cruise exclusively with DCL. We were looking for something different for Christmas this year, so we booked a week on Oasis of the Seas.  I learned about RCB podcast from listening to WDW Today, and went back and listened to all the old episodes while preparing for the Christmas cruise.  i honestly went into our cruise with very little expectations... I mean, what could beat Disney, right? I found that I actually thought RC beat Disney with many things.  Now, I'm not sure when we are going back.

Currently we have planned an anniversary cruise on Anthem with just my husband and I in Sept 2016.  We are pricing out Allure for Thanksgiving week next year.  And last night my friend in Florida suggested we do a joint cruise in March 2017.  My husband is wondering when we get to go back to Disney World with all the cruises we have planned haha.

Welcome aboard Christie! I'm happy you introduced yourself, because (for some reason) I always thought you were the male in that photo. Now (not that it matters much) I know I'm talking to the female. I was always fairly sure I was not talking to the baby. ;)

Which college did you attend? The Queen (my wife, Laura) and I both attended Life University a lifetime ago.

What could beat Disney? As you've learned, in many ways RC does. The Queen and I had our honeymoon at Disney nearly 20 years ago. Shortly thereafter, we moved to Orlando (not just because we loved our honeymoon) from Atlanta. We've since been to Disney hundreds of times and for the last two years, she and I have both worked for the Mouse (she's a server; I'm a bartender). What all of that experience has taught me is that in some significant ways Disney beats Royal, and conversely, Royal beats Disney. They have their pluses and minuses. From my perspective, who "wins" really comes down to what the guest is looking for from their vacation.

I think maybe, if anyone else agrees, we should start a post: "Top 5 Ways Disney Beats Royal AND Top 5 Ways Royal Beats Disney" - you'd have to offer up both or you couldn't play. ;)

Anyway, welcome again! If you have any questions, many of us are pretty well versed in Royal (and Disney).

Welcome aboard Christie! I'm happy you introduced yourself, because (for some reason) I always thought you were the male in that photo. Now (not that it matters much) I know I'm talking to the female. I was always fairly sure I was not talking to the baby. ;)

I did the same thing, isn't that awful. Should never assume. Although your right, probably not the baby.

Welcome Christie.

Cut us some slack. It's not a gender-specific name. All of the following could go either way: J_Keeble, WAAAYTOOO, DocLC, and many others. Until we get to know them. Then, we're only left with DocLC going either way. ;) :lol:

True, the name isn't gender specific. But there's a man and a woman in the profile pic, and we just automatically assume it's the man! Doesn't seem right to me, maybe were just shovanest pigs :) . I think I'll just attribute it to the fact he's taller.

Cut us some slack. It's not a gender-specific name. All of the following could go either way: J_Keeble, WAAAYTOOO, DocLC, and many others. Until we get to know them. Then, we're only left with DocLC going either way. ;) :lol:

Male here, but my name is Kris and I have a hyphenated last name, so I'm used to people assuming I'm female. It was a real shocker when I interviewed at my college as they expected a woman to walk into the interview.

For what it's worth, I assumed Christie was the man in the photo, too.