Introduce yourself!

Matt

Hi,

Ken here from Newfoundland Canada going to be doing my first cruise on a cruise ship this summer with Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas.  Not my first choice of ship for my first cruise experience but it was the ports of call that was of more interest.  Will have to experience the newer ships on my next cruise!

Living on the 16th largest Island in the world I have spent a lot of time sailing and boating so this will be a new experience for me on a boat with a couple thousand people.  Over the years of traveling within North America and Europe and seeing the cruise ships they never really appealed to me.  Now that many of my friends have gone and we have similar travel tastes I am going give it a shot.  I am sure I will enjoy it and will be booking again.

This blog and Matt's live blogs on YouTube helped me to choose Royal Caribbean as my preferred choice of cruise line.

Hey!... wanted to introduce myself.. My name is Orquides and I'm from Pennsylvania. Ive been listening to the RCB podcast more and more often these last few weeks and really just has me more excited for my upcoming cruise on Symphony.. My husband and I went on our first two cruises last year on Anthem and will be on Symphony on May 11. This time we are bringing two first time cruisers so I'm both excited and just a smidge nervous cause i really hope they enjoy themselves. 

Hello RC Cruisers! I’m Marissa from NC! I work as a speech therapist with wonderful kiddos every day! I am obsessed with dogs and love all animals! I am enjoying life being engaged to my wonderful fiance Garrett and we're due to be married in October 2019! Life is grand!  So excited to check out all things RC and cruising here! I have only been on two before and they were so long along! I was a kid and I can't remember much but one was Carnival Liberty 2007 (age 16) and one was Disney Magic 2001 (age 10).  Going on my FIRST Royal Caribbean cruise in 2020 on Serenade for the Honeymoon for 10 nights! We are thrilled! 

Hi, I'm Sue. My husband and I are sailing on the Empress of the Sea on the May 11 sailing to Cienfugos & Havana.  We are looking tips, ideas and comments about - dining - specialty or not - smaller ship - thinking not the top chefs. Also trying to decide on excursions in each port - doing a RC excursion or finding one before getting to the port. Thank you in advance for any help. This is our 2nd RC cruise and so excited to be going to see Cuba!

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:22 PM, Marissann710 said:

Hello RC Cruisers! I’m Marissa from NC! I work as a speech therapist with wonderful kiddos every day! I am obsessed with dogs and love all animals! I am enjoying life being engaged to my wonderful fiance Garrett and we're due to be married in October 2019! Life is grand!  So excited to check out all things RC and cruising here! I have only been on two before and they were so long along! I was a kid and I can't remember much but one was Carnival Liberty 2007 (age 16) and one was Disney Magic 2001 (age 10).  Going on my FIRST Royal Caribbean cruise in 2020 on Serenade for the Honeymoon for 10 nights! We are thrilled! 

Welcome.  I am sure you will be a cruise addict like the rest of us here.  This is a great place to share your experience, ask questions, etc.

Hello.  My name is Will.  I'm originally from Chicago, but now live in Florida.  My travel goals are to visit all 50 states, mixed in with cruises.

What does fascinate me about cruising is that some people meet other passengers randomly in various settings and that there is an instant connection.  Those lucky few wind up making lifelong friendships as a result.  I don't expect it to happen for me, because I'm introverted with a capital I. 

Howdy

Joanne and David here.

I look forward to reading about your expertise and experience on RCCL.

Our next cruise is 7 night eastern Caribbean holiday cruise - Harmony of the Seas – Dec 29 – Jan 5, 2020.

We did one between Thanksgiving and Christmas that was nice and look forward to spending the new year at sea.

We also have some far reaching cruises (the Med and Australia) on our radar in the next few years. We just wish RCCL had some European river cruises.

David

"One ship sails East,
And another West,
By the self-same winds that blow,
'Tis the set of the sails
And not the gales,
That tells the way we go."

6 night Yucatan & Havana overnight - Empress of the Seas - Apr 28 — May 4, 2018

7 night eastern Caribbean cruise - Freedom of the Seas - Nov 15 — Nov 22, 2015

15 night westbound panama canal cruise - Legend of the Seas - Nov 12 — Nov 27, 2013

8 night Canada & New England cruise - Enchantment of the Seas - Oct 18 — Oct 26, 2012

7 night western Caribbean cruise - Freedom of the Seas - May 13 — May 20, 2012

7 night western Caribbean cruise - Allure of the Seas - Jun 19 — Jun 26, 2011

7 night southern Caribbean cruise - Adventure of the Seas - Mar 28 — Apr 4, 2010

7 night Alaska northbound cruise - Radiance of the Seas - Aug 15 — Aug 27, 2008

7 night western Caribbean cruise - Mariner of the Seas - Mar 26 — Apr 2, 2006

4 night Bahamas cruise - Majesty of the Seas - Mar 28 — Apr 1, 2005

4 night western Caribbean cruise - Enchantment of the Seas - Dec 18 — Dec 22, 2003

9 minutes ago, Ditchdoc said:

Howdy

Joanne and David here.

I look forward to reading about your expertise and experience on RCCL.

Our next cruise is 7 night eastern Caribbean holiday cruise - Harmony of the Seas – Dec 29 – Jan 5, 2020.

We did one between Thanksgiving and Christmas that was nice and look forward to spending the new year at sea.

We also have some far reaching cruises (the Med and Australia) on our radar in the next few years. We just wish RCCL had some European river cruises.

David

"One ship sails East,
And another West,
By the self-same winds that blow,
'Tis the set of the sails
And not the gales,
That tells the way we go."

6 night Yucatan & Havana overnight - Empress of the Seas - Apr 28 — May 4, 2018

7 night eastern Caribbean cruise - Freedom of the Seas - Nov 15 — Nov 22, 2015

15 night westbound panama canal cruise - Legend of the Seas - Nov 12 — Nov 27, 2013

8 night Canada & New England cruise - Enchantment of the Seas - Oct 18 — Oct 26, 2012

7 night western Caribbean cruise - Freedom of the Seas - May 13 — May 20, 2012

7 night western Caribbean cruise - Allure of the Seas - Jun 19 — Jun 26, 2011

7 night southern Caribbean cruise - Adventure of the Seas - Mar 28 — Apr 4, 2010

7 night Alaska northbound cruise - Radiance of the Seas - Aug 15 — Aug 27, 2008

7 night western Caribbean cruise - Mariner of the Seas - Mar 26 — Apr 2, 2006

4 night Bahamas cruise - Majesty of the Seas - Mar 28 — Apr 1, 2005

4 night western Caribbean cruise - Enchantment of the Seas - Dec 18 — Dec 22, 2003

Hi Joanne & David,

I've only done one cruise, on a different cruise line.
I am booked for Mariner in November 2019.
Just here to do my proper research.  I'll be sure to share my experience afterwards.

My name is Mary and my husband Ben and I will be sailing on our first Royal Caribbean cruise 5/4-5/17! We are celebrating our 41st anniversary with this cruise on Radiance of the Seas around the Hawaiian Islands.  We have been on 3 other cruises in the Caribbean on other cruise lines.  We love to travel-and this trip is one of bucket list vacations.  Pulling out all the stops on this one!

3 hours ago, bmhightower said:

My name is Mary and my husband Ben and I will be sailing on our first Royal Caribbean cruise 5/4-5/17! We are celebrating our 41st anniversary with this cruise on Radiance of the Seas around the Hawaiian Islands.  We have been on 3 other cruises in the Caribbean on other cruise lines.  We love to travel-and this trip is one of bucket list vacations.  Pulling out all the stops on this one!

VERY nice !   Welcome to the Blog and the Boards.

On 4/11/2019 at 7:22 PM, Marissann710 said:

Welcome, Marissa, from a fellow dog/animal-obsessed cruiser!

Hey RC Fans! This is Sean (Cruisefunatic) from Chicago. My wife, and two daughters will be sailing our first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Symphony of the Seas on their New Years cruise. I've been a loyal Disney Cruise line fan with 6 under my belt and 2 Celebrity Cruises (no kids). I've only been cruising for the last two years but have become completely consumed in the whole culture of cruising. I've been listening to all your podcasts Matt and the information is been extremely helpful!

We decided to try out Royal for a number of reasons. We had friends that went on it after trying Disney and LOVED it. We also loved Celebrity and realized that Royal has something going with their different lines. Also as the kids are now a tween and teen, Disney is losing its appeal. Lastly, the price is just ridiculous compared to all the activities, restaurants, shows, etc. I can get on Royal. I'm so confident in the line I've booked 4 MORE Royal cruises after that (Like you Matt, I've researched and discovered the best time to buy is early, I also like connecting rooms). 

Anyway, getting too excited. Looking forward to hearing continued advice from you and your insiders. Thanks again for all your help!