Introduce yourself!

Matt

Hey everyone!

My name is Rachel and I'll be going on my second cruise in May. My first one was 10 years ago and it was a Mediterranean Cruise with Royal Caribbean. My husband and I will be going to Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel on the Allure. I'm a little nervous, but also excited! I'm thrilled to have found this blog and all of its wonderful resources.

1 hour ago, rae995 said:

Hey everyone!

My name is Rachel and I'll be going on my second cruise in May. My first one was 10 years ago and it was a Mediterranean Cruise with Royal Caribbean. My husband and I will be going to Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel on the Allure. I'm a little nervous, but also excited! I'm thrilled to have found this blog and all of its wonderful resources.

Hi Rachel and welcome.   My husband and I did this cruise last March on Allure.  You will absolutely love this ship!  Have a wonderful time!

Patty & Darrell

Hi everybody my name is Art  My wife and I are from Maine. We live in Southern Virginia right now.  We retired 2 years ago and we think it's time for us to take our first cruise ever so on the 15th of March we're going on Navigator of the Seas  we can't wait we're so excited.  Somebody told us that cruising can be very addicting is that true?

Tine, Copenhagen here. 

Not a very seasoned cruiser - I only have three cruises behind me, but I also have three booked.

Mostly cruise to escape the daily hustle and bustle - to be a little bit bored.

I bring knitting, drop spindle, and other craft stuff.

I also bring beloved, friend or one of my kids - one at a time.

My plan was to cruise solo, but apparently I always end up finding that it's a waste of resources and invite someone for the extra cost of gratuities and taxes.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:43 PM, Art P said:

Hi everybody my name is Art  My wife and I are from Maine. We live in Southern Virginia right now.  We retired 2 years ago and we think it's time for us to take our first cruise ever so on the 15th of March we're going on Navigator of the Seas  we can't wait we're so excited.  Somebody told us that cruising can be very addicting is that true?

So true. Congratulations on your retirement.

On 3/1/2019 at 9:43 PM, Art P said:

Welcome Art!  Cruising is a whole different kind of adventure.  I have no doubt you will become addicted.  

Yeah retirement!  Good for you.  Still a year or two away for us (haven't picked our dates yet) but I'm sure there will be lots more cruising in our future once we get there.   

Enjoy!!

Patty & Darrell

On 3/4/2019 at 4:59 AM, ditmar said:

Tine, Copenhagen here. 

Not a very seasoned cruiser - I only have three cruises behind me, but I also have three booked.

Mostly cruise to escape the daily hustle and bustle - to be a little bit bored.

I bring knitting, drop spindle, and other craft stuff.

I also bring beloved, friend or one of my kids - one at a time.

My plan was to cruise solo, but apparently I always end up finding that it's a waste of resources and invite someone for the extra cost of gratuities and taxes.

Hello Tine, Copenhagen!

The great thing about cruising is being able to do as little or as much as you choose to do.  Sometimes you want to experience everything there is to see and do and sometimes you just want to sit back and enjoy the fresh air and water in a quiet corner.  Enjoy your alone time and your time with beloved guest.  ?

Patty & Darrell

4 hours ago, Jason12 said:

Hello from the UK..glad I found this group cause that forum based cruise group jeez I had to ask to be removed it’s like school..

Welcome Jason!  

Yep, people are people no matter where you go.  It's the age of social media.  ?   

Patty & Darrell

1 hour ago, DERPDR said:

Welcome Jason!  

Yep, people are people no matter where you go.  It's the age of social media.  ?   

Patty & Darrell

Made some life long friends over the last 10 years from that site, cruised many times with some and even visited them all over the world but I’m done with it now.. I’ve been lurking here for some time just to make its not the same thankfully it’s seems very friendly.

Hello All,

I started listening to the podcast this week so decided to jump on over here.  I have cruised twice, but was hooked by the end of the 2nd night.  My wife has taken a RC cruise once before, I will get the opportunity Dec 2020 On the Oasis of the Seas. My wife, daughter, mother-in-law, and myself will be on the cruise.  I have sailed on Disney and NCL.  I wasn't impressed by what was available on Disney, but I really enjoyed the Escape with NCL.  The only drawback was a few service issues where the staff were less than pleasant.  But, that wouldn't ruin a vacation for me.  I am super excited to take this trip even thought we have over 640 days left.  I have been researching everything I can about the ship and tips from the pros.  I really hope to take a cruise every couple of years.  I want to see more of this world and I am finding cruising is a great way to do it.  Yes I might only get 1 day in a port, but there are plenty of options to choose from.  I have heard nothing but good stuff about the community here and I look forward to being a part of ti. 

Welcome @DublinFC I hope you have a great time on your cruise.  I think you will really be wowed by Oasis and find that Royal offers a great value for everything you get including the service and amenities on the ships.  Maybe you will find yourself cruising every year instead of every couple of years after your cruise.

3 hours ago, Jedi Jason said:

Welcome @DublinFC I hope you have a great time on your cruise.  I think you will really be wowed by Oasis and find that Royal offers a great value for everything you get including the service and amenities on the ships.  Maybe you will find yourself cruising every year instead of every couple of years after your cruise.

@Jedi Jason I would prefer to cruise every year, but I also vacation to Ireland often to visit family so I think splitting time between the two is what is most likely going to happen.  However, I have been using the current available sailings to gauge what might be available for us in 2021 and 2022.  I know changes are made on routes, especially with the next Oasis ships coming out, but I figure it doesn't hurt to look.

3 hours ago, DublinFC said:

@Jedi Jason I would prefer to cruise every year, but I also vacation to Ireland often to visit family so I think splitting time between the two is what is most likely going to happen.  However, I have been using the current available sailings to gauge what might be available for us in 2021 and 2022.  I know changes are made on routes, especially with the next Oasis ships coming out, but I figure it doesn't hurt to look.

It never hurts to look.  I understand how making time for both family vacations and cruising can be challenging unless you can get them to go on a cruise with you.  ?

I have the advantage of living in central Florida and having multiple cruise ports within a short drive and don't have the added expense of flying or needing the extra day for travel.  So, short cruises are another option for some of us.

@Jedi Jason I would melt if I lived in Florida, I am here in Ohio and I love winter.  I am often called crazy, but i don't mind.  However, if I lived closer to a cruise port I would take the 3 and 4 night cruises as well.  I can imagine they are nice getaways to sooth the soul.  My first cruise was a 4 day DCL adventure that left me wanting more.  My wife and I agree if we are taking a cruise we are going for 7 days minimum.  Even then I was still thinking more time would be preferred. 

Hello all, My name is Alex(25) from Terre Haute, Indiana. My wife, Jaimee(25) and I are going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise in August on Mariner. This is her first time cruising. I have cruised before but only on Carnival, I won't get into details but I wasn't exactly impressed. I've really heard nothing but good things about RCCL and we are excited for our trip.

Hello all,

My name is Marvin, and I have lived in Homer, Alaska for 36+ years.  Married to my wife, Julieanne, with three kids (21, 18, 16).  I've been "lurking" on this blog for a couple of years, and finally decided to officially join and make a few posts here and there!  I've already learned so much from the wisdom and experience of others on here; especially @Matt, @WAAAYTOOO, and @twangster (unbelievably great pictures, by the way!), along with many others.

My wife and I went on our first cruise on Holland America - Maasdam with two other couples we knew in January 2015 (10 days, FLL to Barbados - southern/eastern loop).   We instantly became addicted to cruising, and decided that more cruising was most definitely in our future!

Next cruise was with the full family (5) and in-laws (2) (3 inside rooms).  We did Freedom of the Seas - May 2015 (western loop).  Loved the much larger ship, compared to the HAL Maasdam!

We then did a large family reunion cruise on Oasis of the Seas - May 2017.  My family (5), my brother & family (4), sister-in-law & family (3), and in-laws (2) were in 6 adjoining boardwalk balcony rooms (Deck 12 clear to the end, last 6 rooms).  This was awesome, as we were able to open up the balcony dividers between all 6 rooms.  It was great watching the aqua shows from the balcony.

We next have planned another cruise on Harmony of the Seas - May 2019.  My family (5), my brother & family (4), and in-laws (2) will be in 5 adjoining boardwalk balcony rooms, just like we had on Oasis (Deck 12 clear to the end, last 5 rooms).  We are very much looking forward to that!!!  We are supposed to be going to CocoCay this cruise.  I'm expecting the pier to be done, but am VERY nervous about whether the waterpark and other activities will be open.  We sail May 26th, so will be anxiously watching what others are saying on this board as the time gets closer.

Next year (June 2020), my wife & I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary, and have a B2B planned (just the two of us) on Freedom of the Seas from San Juan, Puerto Rico.  It will be an eastern loop followed by a southern loop (to the ABC's).  Same balcony room (on the bulge) both segments.  We are really excited for this!!!

I booked my June 2020 cruise with Michelle @ MEI, (and highly recommend her!).  I read about the many great experiences others have had with MEI from reading about them on this board, and decided to give them a try.

I do look forward to continued learning from others and sharing my experiences, too!  I have nothing but complements to @Matt on this absolutely wonderful blog!!!

• 2 weeks later...