Sharing dining package

TomAndRebecca

Hi everyone,

Taking our first cruise ever on Harmony in May 2018.  This site has been a great source of info for the thousand questions we have had, but I haven't seen this topic covered.  Does each family member have to have their own specialty dining package or would we be allowed to buy two 4-night packages so that our family of 4 could have 2 specialty dinners?  Thanks in advance for your input.

Hmm...I have never seen that question either...but when you log into your cruise planner and purchase the package it will assign the package to two names on your reservation. The same two names will need to be used for booking all 4 nights I am assuming. However, while onboard, I don't think they actually check each and every name of who shows up. One of the two names will need to be present for sure at each dinner because they ask for your seapass card. But the second person might be able to get by??  The way I see it, it's kind of a touchy subject, just like sharing a drink package, but let's not get into that. It would probably be safer and maybe cheaper to get 2 separate BOGO packages if you only want two nights each in specialty dining. 

What's with all the Canucks on this forum?  (me included!)

My travel agent has been able to occasionally get me "specialty dinner for two"  bundled in.  Otherwise I believe its per person.  Call RCI and ask, the call is free.  I'm going solo and have a dinner for two from a TA.  It's a good question and while I'll try, I suspect I won't get two dinners going solo.

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Don't stereotype all of us Canucks...it was quite warm here in Southern Ontario until the last two weeks.  I was still in flip flops!  Sadly, not anymore.

Speak for yourself.  I resemble that image.  In the late 80s I was grilling a steak in Iqualit at -45.  Poor grill took forever.