Wow bands

greenline627

28 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I think it might just be Quantum ships and Harmony at this point.

Correct.  Based on the latest announcements (which are super exciting and you can read about them here) it isn't clear if Wow Bands will be put on any additional ships - we'll see.

2 hours ago, greenline627 said:

Thanks for that link Adventure is going into month long dry dock wonder if any of that stuff will be included in the up grades seems like a good time to do it.

Up until now, Wowbands seem to have been reserved for newly constructed ships.  Not sure what the rationale has been for that. Moreover, with the Sea Beyond tech reveal this week, I get the sense that WOWbands are on their way out in favor of using devices guests already have with them.  That's just speculation on my part.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Moreover, with the Sea Beyond tech reveal this week, I get the sense that WOWbands are on their way out in favor of using devices guests already have with them.

Here's a screenshot of the presentation where it appears Wowbands are dunzo (You can watch it at about 33 minutes: https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNGaVMWYnXJj)

Screenshot.jpg

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Here's a screenshot of the presentation where it appears Wowbands are dunzo (You can watch it at about 33 minutes: https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNGaVMWYnXJj)

Screenshot.jpg

Thanks for info was interesting. I guess I may be right then if Adventure is going into dry dock that would be the time to do it rather then pull it out of service at a later time.  I guess we will see :)

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, RestingBirds said:

In case anyone from RC reads this...My vote goes to the WOW bands and sea pass cards.  When I get on board my phone gets put on lockdown, I don't want to have to use it for everything on board.

I'm there with you, I don't want to carry that thing around.  Maybe they will give options.

Having just returned from Anthem (big thanks to everyone for answering my questions leading up to the trip) I can tell  you that the bands were inconvenient when you used most bars, as in alot of cases if you weren't standing close to the wow band reader you would need to remove it from your wrist and pass it over.  I ended up losing my WoW band during a snorkel tour on Day 5 and managed just fine with a SeaPass card, even with it in my bathing suit pocket after a whole day on deck.  No issues.

On 11/12/2017 at 6:56 AM, RestingBirds said:

In case anyone from RC reads this...My vote goes to the WOW bands and sea pass cards.  When I get on board my phone gets put on lockdown, I don't want to have to use it for everything on board.

Agree with @RestingBirds , my phone goes up when I get on the ship, my vote would be something else other than carrying my cell phone around. I had the WOW bands on Harmony and liked them.