Hotels near Cape Liberty

Hi All, which hotels have you used prior to departing from Cape Liberty? We are only 4 hours away but want to make sure we make the ship so we will stay overnight.  It looked like Embassey Suites looks good and do hotels offer parking packages? Is it cheaper or if you know the cost at Cape Liberty let me know. thanks so much!

@Boston Babe we booked Embassy Suites in Elizabeth, NJ for March. Eatsleepcruise.com has a really good review on it and it's within walking distance to The Mills at Jersey Garden (outlet mall). What could be better than retail shopping before a cruise!!! ? It is my two addictions all in one! ?

From what I have researched so far there aren't really any hotel right by the pier as it is an industrial type area. What I still need to find out is what is the best way to get to pier from that hotel for 4 people?

There is a bunch of hotels near the airport (EWR) that are often used by frequent business travelers.   As such they tend to be very good to great at a reasonable price.  EWR is convenient to Cape Liberty.  I found one in the Hilton brand at a competitive rate to what I pay in Fort Lauderdale.   Parking packages likely vary by hotel.

6 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Hi All, which hotels have you used prior to departing from Cape Liberty? We are only 4 hours away but want to make sure we make the ship so we will stay overnight.  It looked like Embassey Suites looks good and do hotels offer parking packages? Is it cheaper or if you know the cost at Cape Liberty let me know. thanks so much!

Try buyreservations.com They book hotels that include a night's stay, parking and round trip shuttle to the pier or airport. Prices are very reasonable for what is provided ($150-$180ish). We have used them several times (although not for NJ) with no problems.

11 minutes ago, Rede411 said:

We are taking the Acela from Boston to NJ the day before the cruise.  It has 2 stops in NJ..one in Newark, NJ & the other at EWR (Airport) From what Twanster says...I should take the train to EWR because it's closer to the cruise port, Correct?

Yes, Newark Airport is closer than Newark itself.  You are much better off at EWR.

7 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

LOL! Sabrina, you are a woman after my own heart!! I hope to meet you someday!!:8_laughing:

:10_wink: I hope to meet you and many others on this site one day.  I need @Matt to plan a group cruise during summer vacation time though.  Can't leave in the middle of the school year...

Actually I also forgot to note last night when I typed that response that Eatsleepcruise.com has detailed comparison of Cape Liberty hotels.  They compare parking, shuttles, rates, etc.  I found their info quite useful when I was deciding.

http://eatsleepcruise.com/2015/04/the-best-hotels-near-cape-liberty-cruise-port/

2 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I found their info quite useful when I was deciding.

Fabulous!! thank you!! I remember what that was like going on vacation in the summer only! With thousands of others! LOL

I'm from New Jersey (or used to be ! LOL) but never was at the Port in NJ only NY.  You will love the Outlets!! Treat yourself!! LOL  

40 minutes ago, twangster said:

My teacher friend starts back early August.  Kids back mid-August.  Of course she is out late May

Ugh...I cannot imagine starting back early August.  Would rather the way we have it here and go to end of June and start back right after Labour Day in September.

41 minutes ago, twangster said:

I mean, how can you be in school during the Stanley Cup finals?!?!   

That is one of my highlights...Rubbing it into all my students who are Red Wings, Blackhawks, and Leafs fans who the real champs are (Let's Go Pens!).  We project it on the big screen in June in my classroom! Lol!

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

That is one of my highlights...Rubbing it into all my students who are Red Wings, Blackhawks, and Leafs fans who the real champs are (Let's Go Pens!).  We project it on the big screen in June in my classroom! Lol!

Absent of a team in Southern Ontario who tends to play past May, do the kids care?   Rhetorical question.  I know better.  

4 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Ugh...I cannot imagine starting back early August.  Would rather the way we have it here and go to end of June and start back right after Labour Day in September.

OK Sabrina-I've enjoyed your posts before, but now I love them. Although being raised in NY and NJ, my daughter is a diehard Pens fan. She has made the almost 6 hour drive to Pittsburgh several times so she can see them at home. She's not a fan of the Rangers, Islanders or Devils, but does go there when the Pens are visiting and proudly wears her Pens jersey. Of course, I worry every time she does that, but that's what Dads do!

And--she is a teacher who is under contract to June 30th each year. School usually lets out mid month, but sometimes they need to add on for snow days and other unexpected closures.

12 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

OMG and you're a PEN'S FAN TOO!!  I"m from Pittsburgh originally, GO PENS, GO STEELERS!!

16 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

OMG and you're a PEN'S FAN TOO!!  I"m from Pittsburgh originally, GO PENS, GO STEELERS!!

Boston Babe-Pittsburgh, NJ and now Boston. All great places. I have a nephew from Natick and now in Somerville. When he was young I used to take him to Fenway to see the Red Sox. I was never a Yankee fan, but driving to Fenway with NY plates on the car was never fun! Couldn't convince people that I was on their side!

Just now, Skid said:

Boston Babe-Pittsburgh, NJ and now Boston. All great places. I have a nephew from Natick and now in Somerville. When he was young I used to take him to Fenway to see the Red Sox. I was never a Yankee fan, but driving to Fenway with NY plates on the car was never fun! Couldn't convince people that I was on their side!

LOL Actually, Pittsburgh, NJ, NY, Marblehead MA, back to NY, now Lewes Delaware! RED SOX NATION LIVES IN THIS HOUSE!! Husband, being from the Bronx, the ONLY non Yankee fan in the Tri-State area, couldn't wear his Red Sox jacket when he taught at School, was afraid of getting shot! (No joke!).

25 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

LOL Actually, Pittsburgh, NJ, NY, Marblehead MA, back to NY, now Lewes Delaware! RED SOX NATION LIVES IN THIS HOUSE!! Husband, being from the Bronx, the ONLY non Yankee fan in the Tri-State area, couldn't wear his Red Sox jacket when he taught at School, was afraid of getting shot! (No joke!).

My husband...a die hard Leafs fan wore his Toronto Maple Leafs jersey to a Detroit Red Wings vs. Ottawa Senators game in Detroit.  I was afraid he was going to get jumped or shot lol...