My experience with the Premium Drinking Package.

Evantra

Hey all!

. After the first day, we would leave our card out so they could charge the drinks,but most times, they never did! Even when we asked for glasses of water,they just gave us bottles instead..it rocked! So we would leave 15-20 bucks and move on. There were two bars we did this with and it worked out great! We had four stops so most of those days we didn't start drinking until 2-3 o'clock but when we did, we only paid for one, if that, and continued to tip. Our total bill came out to less than the 800 something it would have been if we both did the package...and that's including tips and excursions. So if you're comfortable making friends, it's totally worth tipping them handsomely and they will definitely take care of you :-)

I certainly wouldnt recomend this to anyone as a way to "save" on not getting the package, or as a way to try and save on the cruise.

Glad it worked out for you...but being charged for a few drinks a day, plus leaving $15-20 in tips at each bar does add up. And no guarantee that it will work every day.

And if after a couple days they stopped doing it, or if the bartenders got caught, would not be good for you or them.

So while it is a great story/experience....i wouldn't count on it or rely on it happening....count yourselves lucky....most people would end up paying for each drink or the package.

• 3 weeks later...

We bought the Ultimate drink package for both my wife and I on our first RCCI cruise, a 4 day Enchantment of the Seas caribbean cruise this past September. I will buy one for me on our next cruise, but not for my wife. I enjoy not having to worry about the bill and she is a light weight.

Was your wife able to get a couple of drinks off your package? 

Was your wife able to get a couple of drinks off your package? 

The cruise isn't until this October. But we ended up canceling the Navigator cruise and booking on NCL Getaway for the same week. We ended up getting a deal on a balcony guarantee for just $70 more per person on the Getaway and got the ultimate drink package for free for both of us with there current promotion. We are looking forward to trying Norwegian. 

Craft beers generally or not served on board. Some are, but if you are looking for your local pint house selection you will be disappointed. Remember this is a ship with a limited storage space so it will be like shopping in a convenience store, not a beer garden. 

But Carnival will have an on board brewery on their new ship the Vista.

Carnival Vista will have an onboard brewery.  However, I think they may only be brewing their Thirsty Frog Red, which is their signature beer.  I haven't heard of anything else being offered as of yet.  I'll admit that it's the only cruise line that I actually drink beer on as the Thirsty Frog Red is exceptional.  Not a fan of most "ordinary" beers.

• 4 weeks later...