Luggage Tags - Are they needed?

Tampaite

3 minutes ago, Tampaite said:

will the below fit all Royal Caribbean ships eTags?

Yes, perfectly, and they are reusable. I purchased some earlier this year for a cruise and will use them again. If you are flying into your port of departure, I would strongly recommend NOT putting them on your luggage before you fly. You never know if they get ripped off during the airport baggage handling process or not. Put them on after you claim your bags at the baggage claim area. That way you know, for sure, that your tags on on your bags. I would also recommend getting some extras as well as extra copies of the e-tag. Bring those with you in a carry on bag. Better safe than sorry.:27_sunglasses:

45 minutes ago, Tampaite said:

We checked in online and were able to print the eTag.

I wasn't sure if Cruise-lines still provide you a complimentary luggage tags or should we buy one online or at the cruise-ship?

Looks like there are couple varieties online - will the below fit all Royal Caribbean ships eTags?

Link: http://amzn.to/2zrZqmd

They stopped providing adhesive tags a while ago. We have the ones from Amazon too and we just print the paper tags, slide them in, and good to go. Like @rjac said though, put it on after you fly and make sure you buy the RC ones off amazon, not some generic cruise luggage tag holder because they may not fit the RC ones.

We actually went with the larger Carnival tag holders.  That way we can use them on any cruise line we choose (and easier to put them in).  Also, never happened to me but I've read that you need to take the tag out of the plastic as soon as  you can because it could leave ink on the inside of the holder.  Just a thought...

17 minutes ago, arebee said:

We actually went with the larger Carnival tag holders.  That way we can use them on any cruise line we choose (and easier to put them in).  Also, never happened to me but I've read that you need to take the tag out of the plastic as soon as  you can because it could leave ink on the inside of the holder.  Just a thought...

I was thinking the same as the Royal Caribbean ones were narrow. Wasn't sure  if we purchased the larger one, how good/bad the Royal Carribean tag would look like in them?

13 minutes ago, Tampaite said:

I was thinking the same as the Royal Caribbean ones were narrow. Wasn't sure  if we purchased the larger one, how good/bad the Royal Carribean tag would look like in them?

As I posted before, the RC tags worked great, didn't have an issue for the narrowness. Did not have the "ink transfer" problem at all. The top opening of the tag is firmly closed (zip closure) and is water tight. When I received them fro  Amazon I played with one and used a dull letter opener is open it. No problem after that. Go for it, if you don't like them you can always return them to Amazon. :27_sunglasses:

2 hours ago, Tampaite said:

They look fine... Just don't have to fold them all the way.

Just ordered me some of the good ones with the metal rings...ordered the ones that were just plastic a cpl years ago(as we couldn't get the good ones shipped to us in Canada) and they didn't stay on the luggage as well.

Excited to get these nice ones now...one step closer to my Jan cruise now! :)