Cozumel beach recommendation?

JayBird

I am headed there in 29 days......I am looking for some recomendations for bars/pubs/resturants close to the pier where the boat docks...

Would like something within walking distance, with a nice place to sit, drink, take in the sights and sounds.

Are there any free/public beach areas to use? I am thinking something like Junkanoo beach in Nassau for example.

Thanks!

I am headed there in 29 days......I am looking for some recomendations for bars/pubs/resturants close to the pier where the boat docks...

Would like something within walking distance, with a nice place to sit, drink, take in the sights and sounds.

Are there any free/public beach areas to use? I am thinking something like Junkanoo beach in Nassau for example.

Thanks!

The majority of stuff to do is more than a walk away.  I'd recommend taking a cab into the downtown area.  It costs very little and you get so much more selection.  In general, taxis are pretty cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

The majority of stuff to do is more than a walk away.  I'd recommend taking a cab into the downtown area.  It costs very little and you get so much more selection.  In general, taxis are pretty cheap.

It looks like we will be docking at the international pier...so cab ride to downtown is the best option? Will be lots of cabs for the ride there and back? Once in town, I can then wander pretty easily on my own and find bars, resturants, places to sit out and drink to enjoy the sights and sounds of the town?

Rough idea on pricing when it comes to drinks and food..pretty cheap or pricey for some cold ones and pub style food?

• 1 month later...