Tipping & Disembarkation

JBC1

This will be my first cruise sailing on the 20th November from Singapore on the Mariner. In regard to tipping, can we tip in our local currency ie Thai Baht as I am a Thai resident, or does it have to be in $?

Also what is the latest we can disembark, I am a the Royal Suite, we want to stay on as long as possible as our flight is quite late that day.

Thanking you in advance for your answers.

John

Unless you have prepaid your gratuities, a daily charge ($16.50 per person in a suite I believe) will be added to your onboard account each day. 

You will register a debit or credit card either when you check in online or when you arrive to board the ship - this is used as a key to your room and to make all onboard purchases. You can monitor your spending via the TV in your room or at Guest Services. 

Guest Services can help you to adjust the amount / remove the daily gratuities if you would like to do that

HI, If we tip individual crew members (over and above the normal daily gratuities) we tip in Australian dollars when sailing from Australia so I think the local currency should be fine. From what I remember there was also an ATM on board the ship we were on which could dispense US dollars if your preferred. You would be liable for currency conversion costs if you used that though.

10 hours ago, F1guynz said:

HI, If we tip individual crew members (over and above the normal daily gratuities) we tip in Australian dollars when sailing from Australia so I think the local currency should be fine. From what I remember there was also an ATM on board the ship we were on which could dispense US dollars if your preferred. You would be liable for currency conversion costs if you used that though.

Many thanks just the answer I was looking for

John