Question regarding changing cruise passenger

So my significant other and I broke up before we were supposed to leave for our cruise.  My significant other changed the Royal Caribbean user name and password to the account on me so I am locked out.  I then looked and found my airline ticket had been canceled.  I am furious.

Is this person able to do this without my permission?  I'm assuming my name was changed to someone else's for the cruise but is there anything I can do at this point?  I am out a lot of money now and am not sure what my options are.  

This is kind of a weird post but I have been blindsided and was really looking forward to this cruise.

Did you pay with a credit card in your name?  As long as you have the ship name and day of sailing you can try calling Royal direct, or your travel agent and discuss it with them.  If it was charged to your card, in your name, you may have a case.  If you reimbursed your SO and they charged it to their card that's another matter.  Same with the airline.  

You may have a case in small claims court is such a thing exists where you live.  I'm not a lawyer and have never tried to take such a claim to court but maybe that is a last resort to consider. 

Sorry you are going through this.  That sucks.

I did use a credit card in my name.  My SO reimbursed half via personal check.  However, I still have not been paid the money for the excursions so I am definitely looking at a small claims thing.  I tried calling RC but they're not open today.  I plan on calling first thing in tomorrow morning to see what my options are with them.  

Also, I'm not sure how they were able to cancel my flight without my permission?  I checked and their flight (under my airline account) is still there.  There are no records of any activity indicating why my flight was canceled but would this be considered fraud?  I plan on calling the airline in the morning as well.  

6 minutes ago, stormyclouds said:

I did use a credit card in my name.  My SO reimbursed half via personal check.  However, I still have not been paid the money for the excursions so I am definitely looking at a small claims thing.  I tried calling RC but they're not open today.  I plan on calling first thing in tomorrow morning to see what my options are with them.  

How far out is the cruise?  If it is still before the final payment due date, any refund would go back to the card it was charged to, assuming it was actually cancelled.  I don't think they allow you to refund to a different card as people could launder money in that fashion.  

As the card holder who paid for the cruise I am thinking you have better control.  I'm surprised they are closed today, lots of people book cruises on the weekend.  

21 minutes ago, stormyclouds said:

Wow. Sorry to hear you are going through all of this. If the cruise was booked under your card then no one other than you should be able to make changes. And if you booked through RC and are calling from North America they should not be closed. I have called them many times on a Sunday. Maybe try again? Anyway, good luck with everything. Hope it works out for you.

Thanks.  I called and they asked for the reservation number.  Gave it to them and they said I am not on the account.  I said my card was used to pay for it so why were changes made without my authorization.  Lady asked for the last four digits which I provided.  She then said she had to go speak to a supervisor.  

Just now, stormyclouds said:

Thanks.  I called and they asked for the reservation number.  Gave it to them and they said I am not on the account.  I said my card was used to pay for it so why were changes made without my authorization.  Lady asked for the last four digits which I provided.  She then said she had to go speak to a supervisor.  

Oh and warning...many RC agents on the phone do not know the policies. If you are not happy with an answer, speak to a supervisor. 

7 minutes ago, stormyclouds said:

She came back saying that there's nothing I can do because I'm not on the account.  I explained the situation and she said that either of us could make changes but now I cannot because I have been removed.  She said my only course of action is to dispute the charge on my credit card.  

That is something to pursue as well (credit card charge back). Make sure you tell them the cruise line advised you to do so.  

The threat of small claims court may influence your former SO as well.

So sorry, I know this sucks.  For what its worth I cruise solo often.  If you can get your money back, go on a different cruise by yourself!  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

That is something to pursue as well (credit card charge back). Make sure you tell them the cruise line advised you to do so.  

The threat of small claims court may influence your former SO as well.

So sorry, I know this sucks.  For what its worth I cruise solo often.  If you can get your money back, go on a different cruise by yourself!  

Thanks, I have been looking forward to this for 6 months.  I'm def thinking about a solo cruise now!

I have disputed all charges but they say investigation takes 6-8 weeks and the cruise is in a few days.  Not sure what the process entails or how this is going to be handled by the cruise company and the credit card company.  If there's a dispute, does royal caribbean flag that account as non-payment?