Advice needed...Good deal???

Ok...to all the frequent suite cruisers out there...I'm trying to figure out if this is a good deal or not....

Suite prices did drop on my Anthem of the Seas sailing (March 9, 2018/8 nights).  There are 4 of us going.  2 adults, 2 kids.

Right now, I can get a Royal Family Suite (2 bdr, 2 baths) for $6409USD for all 4 of us.  Is that a good deal?  I don't even know because I have never booked that class of suites nor have I ever watched prices for that particular class either.  All I know it that the exact same room was about $1000 higher last week and normally you need at least 6 to book this room but they will allow 4 of us in it.  It is a March break sailing and it is for 8 nights....

6 minutes ago, rjac said:

Have you thought about getting two connecting rooms? Parents in one, the kids in the other. Of course, that depends on the ages of your children, but, something to consider.:27_sunglasses:

Lol! @rjac that's what I originally started with!  But then I couldn't bring myself to go 8 nights without CK so we upgraded to a Family Junior Suite when they had Kids Sail Free.  But I want back into Sky Class and the kids don't want to share a bed...first world problems, I know...

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

Seems like a pretty decent price to me.  I've paid around that or even more for loft suites for just two.  

If you do some simulated bookings during peak like July or August how do they price a Royal Family suite for four?

Can't do the mock bookings online for this type of cabin.  Normally you need at least 6 people to book it but anything over 4 people you have to call them to check.  You cannot enter more than 4 guests online.  And when you enter 4 guests online the royal family suite (or soon to be called 2 bdr grand suite) does not show up even if it is available.  That's why I was hoping someone here might know.  Typically this cabin type falls somewhere in price point between the Grand suite and Owner's suite.  That's about all I know. 

Just looking at any suite booking, $1600 is a decent deal.  I don't think thats bad for a March sailing.  Just looking at Freedom the cheapest suites I see are about $1200 pp and on Oasis the cheapest suites are $1900 pp (and I think those are JR suites as I didn't click all the way through). Not a true apples to apples comparison but for a suite I think you are getting a good deal and you get the amenities that you want.

Thanks for all the input so far. Over the weekend I thought of another question...

How is the Sky Class experience on Anthem different from the Oasis class ships?  I have read on CC that things like the suite sundeck on Anthem is lacking in comparison to Oasis ships. Also many on CC have commented that the concierge club is not worth the time compared to the the suite lounge on Oasis ships. I find it hard to believe that there is such a big difference?

Those of you who have sailed Sky class on both types of ships can you provide any input? Good or bad? Any comments would be appreciated.  Thanks :)

10 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

How is the Sky Class experience on Anthem different from the Oasis class ships?  I have read on CC that things like the suite sundeck on Anthem is lacking in comparison to Oasis ships. Also many on CC have commented that the concierge club is not worth the time compared to the the suite lounge on Oasis ships. I find it hard to believe that there is such a big difference?

Those of you who have sailed Sky class on both types of ships can you provide any input? Good or bad? Any comments would be appreciated.  Thanks :)

The Sky Class experience is pretty similar on both.  I'm not the world's biggest sundeck fan, just because I have kids and since there's no pool up there, no reason for us to go.  But I found both nice.

One difference is the Concierge Lounge on Anthem (deck 12 aft) is quite a hassle to get to, compared to the one on Oasis class (Deck 16). FWIW, I felt like it was quite a hike to get to the concierge lounge on Anthem.

Otherwise, the Sky Class experience is pretty similar and that's intentional.  I don't know that one is superior to the other, just slightly different.

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

The Sky Class experience is pretty similar on both.  I'm not the world's biggest sundeck fan, just because I have kids and since there's no pool up there, no reason for us to go.  But I found both nice.

One difference is the Concierge Lounge on Anthem (deck 12 aft) is quite a hassle to get to, compared to the one on Oasis class (Deck 16). FWIW, I felt like it was quite a hike to get to the concierge lounge on Anthem.

Otherwise, the Sky Class experience is pretty similar and that's intentional.  I don't know that one is superior to the other, just slightly different.

@Matt thoughts on if you think that price is a good deal?

3 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

@Matt thoughts on if you think that price is a good deal?

In my experience, suites are all a splurge.  It's certainly nice to have Sky Class, but I think a large amount of the value you get from Sky Class depends on you and how you cruise.  As an example, I plan so much of my cruise in my advance that I rarely take advantage of the Concierge service provided.  Likewise, I spend very little time in the suites lounge because I have kids and the whole suite lounge "scene" isn't really my idea of fun.

When we stayed Sky Class on Harmony of the Seas, it was a last second sale and we decided to go for it.  But in general, we don't always seek out Sky Class as our default choice. Like so many things in life, it all comes down to price.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

In my experience, suites are all a splurge.  It's certainly nice to have Sky Class, but I think a large amount of the value you get from Sky Class depends on you and how you cruise.  As an example, I plan so much of my cruise in my advance that I rarely take advantage of the Concierge service provided.  Likewise, I spend very little time in the suites lounge because I have kids and the whole suite lounge "scene" isn't really my idea of fun.

When we stayed Sky Class on Harmony of the Seas, it was a last second sale and we decided to go for it.  But in general, we don't always seek out Sky Class as our default choice. Like so many things in life, it all comes down to price.

Probably leaning that way too for the time being.  I'll probably wait it out, put down final payment and then before March if it drops more, I'll grab it then.