Photo Package

Mcohen1993

Why does RC offer you the ability to pay for 2 photo packages? It says one package covers the stateroom. How does this work? Do you need to pay for each person in the stateroom ($210 per person) or just one person? If just $210 this seems like a deal, although it says some photos are not included. Do you all know what is not included??

On the Cruise Planner (based on my Allure sailing it was $249 digital or print we had 370 pictures) that covers the 2 adults in the cabin and if those folks have children under 21, even if in a different cabin It includes them as well.  Any pictures the 2 persons in the purchasing cabin are in will be included in the package. 

• 3 months later...

My daughter and Son in Law are looking into buying a photo package, there will be the both of them and my 2 year old grand daughter in the cabin, it states that it covers everyone in the cabin. So my question is if my wife and I who are in a driffrent cabin take some pictures with our grand daughter will they go into the package or would be have to buy the photos?

1 hour ago, RRoberts said:

My daughter and Son in Law are looking into buying a photo package, there will be the both of them and my 2 year old grand daughter in the cabin, it states that it covers everyone in the cabin. So my question is if my wife and I who are in a driffrent cabin take some pictures with our grand daughter will they go into the package or would be have to buy the photos?

You Granddaughter will be under their package; however, if you are in any pictures with any of the three of them, then it will be loaded into their package.  This past July on the Oasis, we had a package (Hubby, me and 2 grands), and my daughter, son-n-law and our other 2 grands).  That way between the two of us, we got all pictures.

1 hour ago, RRoberts said:

So my question is if my wife and I who are in a driffrent cabin take some pictures with our grand daughter will they go into the package or would be have to buy the photos?

I believe the rule is as long as someone from your daughter's cabin is in the photo, it counts.  So take lots of photos with her!

We have wound up never buying the photo package. As a frequent cruiser, we get a "2nd picture half off" deal or something like that, which we almost always use. If I had a group of 4 or more in our travelling party, I'd consider this package. But for the wife and I, we use or phones for most of our photographic needs. (Note: I am imagining myself 20 years ago, hearing the phrase "we use or phones for most of our photographic needs" -- freak out) (2nd Note: On our just concluded cruise, they were training Chinese photographers on the ship. They always insisted on taking individual pictures of just me or just the wife. Does anyone ever buy those?) (Final note: here's an example of my poor photographic skills for your consideration and support or abuse)

20180205_191343.jpg

1 hour ago, UkuleleCruiser said:

(Final note: here's an example of my poor photographic skills for your consideration and support or abuse)

20180205_191343.jpg

Dude, before I read the post and just saw the photo scroll into view, I thought you spotted Elliot Gould on your ship and caught his pic! Spooky resemblance there!

In our experience aboard Libery of the Seas last January my parents who were in a different cabin than ours were included in all of our photos because the very first photo we took upon embarkation included all of us.  I have some very wonderful pictures of my parents because of this and they didn't have to buy any photos since I had purchased the package.