Junior Suites Symphony of the seas

Chrisnhs

Welcome to the message boards!

Symphony will be using a brand new terminal that is under construction at the moment.  If it follows the logic of Port Everglades terminal 18 where other Oasis class ships have all called home at one point, JS will be allowed to use the Suite entrance the same as Grand Suite and above.  Since the new terminal in Miami is under construction and no one has used it yet, I don't know for sure but I would imagine so.

JS includes access to Coastal Kitchen which I am a big fan of.  I'm fairly confident this access will continue on Symphony as it does on all ships built since Oasis including Anthem.  CK is almost like having a specialty restaurant available every night.  Reservations are required for dinner and you can make those once on board.  You don't have to eat in CK, you can also visit the main dining room (MDR) anytime you please.  My son and I recently visited the MDR on the 1st formal night on Harmony and quite enjoyed it. Here are some recent photos of Coastal Kitchen on Harmony.  Great views from up there on deck 17!

59fdc1f4eb73e_HarmonyCK-3.jpg.dc38235973870f3bb9c00b43b17f198e.jpg59fdc19b68ec8_HarmonyCK-2.jpg.e14ee94dc87c44809aab8c2d62388218.jpg59fdc19626edf_HarmonyCK-4.jpg.442e101349bebd55ea04aeff9111c1e8.jpg59fdc18e5a729_HarmonyCK-1.jpg.ef202c806e897edbb6df18fd1ed8279d.jpg

JS on other Oasis class ships have a nice walk in closet that many people are a big fan of and something that is missing in GS.  I'm assuming this walk in closet will remain a feature in Symphony JS cabins.

Currently you accumulate double Crown & Anchor points in a JS.  I'm not sure if you have sailed with Royal Caribbean before but this is their loyalty program.  Normally non-suite cabins receive a point for each night on board, with a JS you receive twice as many points.

Lots of good details from @twangster...wanted to add that JS access to CK is for dinner only (still a great perk as I am also a huge fan of CK). Grand suite and above get all day access. Also, while you do get priority boarding with the JS, you do not get priority disembarkation. 

Are they worth it?  It all depends what type of experience you are looking for and your reasons for booking a JS. If you are looking for a bit more space, a small upgrade in dining, or wanting to collect C&A points faster then it is worth it maybe depending on the price difference between that and a regular balcony room.  However, of you are looking for a true suite experience then this is where the JS is lacking a bit. Royal had 3 suite classes: sea, sky, and star. JS is in Sea class and does not get many of the amenities that Sky class and above receive. So you are sort of getting a suite while missing out on many suite perks. 

Hope that helps a bit more too. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask. People are great here ?