St. Thomas Paradise Point and Mountain Top

Yajaira

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Thanks for the update!

Mountain top is a bit of a tourist trap, but their view is quite nice.

Yes - fantastic views, looks directly over Magan's Bay.

Treat yourself to a lovely banana daiquiri.  We've never been there long enough to hang out and billy up to the bar.  Lots of stuff to buy.

20160420_122544.jpg

20160420_124646.jpg

20160420_125205.jpg

1 hour ago, Floski said:

Yes - fantastic views, looks directly over Magan's Bay.

Treat yourself to a lovely banana daiquiri.  We've never been there long enough to hang out and billy up to the bar.  Lots of stuff to buy.

Oooh that looks nice! Royal cancelled my Kayak, Hike and Snorkel excursion due to operational issues and I'm looking for something else to do while there.  How far is Mountain Top from the cruise port?  How do you get there from the cruise port (walk/hike/taxi/tram etc)?

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Mountain Top is a LOOOOOONG way up the mountain.  I have only ever been there on a tour.  Definitely NOT walking distance. No tram that I am aware of.  I guess you could get a cab but I have no idea what the charge would be.

Agreed. Much too far to walk.

We've gone up twice, both times via a taxi that we picked up near Havensight, where they all gather down near Veteran's Drive.  Our driver last year Timothy (pictured above), was fantastic as was the guy the year before.  It was like $20 ea.  Timothy took us all over, from Drake's Seat to Magan's Bay, to some other cool places.  

I freaking love St. Thomas.

I spoke to Paradise Point this morning.  They are not ready to open yet. When I lived on St Thomas this was a stop I would bring all visitors to.  Given where it sits and the winds at elevation there was some damage done which they are working to restore but everything on island takes time and work resources are thin at the moment.  They don't have an estimate yet when they'll re-open but they are working towards that goal.  

• 2 weeks later...