My Time Dining

Dominique

32 minutes ago, Razerbkfan said:

Just over 90 days before we board Allure.  Based on all of the comments we have already made dinner reservations for each evening for MTD dining.  My question is there a separate line for those with reservations when you go to the dining room?  On our other RCL cruises there was just one line that moved through pretty quickly. I'm just thinking with a lot more folks on board it could get confusing between those that had a reservations and those that just showed up.  We usually show up with a glass of wine in hand so a little wait is ok.  Just don't want to be standing in the wrong place and miss our reservation time.  Thanks for all of the help.

I think there is usually a separate line for people with reservations 

35 minutes ago, hayley_bopp said:

I think there is usually a separate line for people with reservations 

There is. One line will be for those without reservations and the other will be for those with reservations. On some ships, the port side will be designated as the side that those with reservations go to, while the Starboard side is for those without reservations. This will all be detailed in the Cruise Compass.

Guest toodle68

For our last two cruises, the first night was not great. The location and the waiter. Both times we asked to be moved and both times we ended up with an amazing waitress. They learned our names, greeted us accordingly and always had a fruit salad on my table within a minute of being seated. Yes, there are a few waiters that are not great, but on the whole, we have always had great experiences in the MTD and just can't justify the +$70 cost over the paid options.

On 6/6/2018 at 1:51 PM, Alex S. said:

Chose MTD on our last cruise. While I understand the demand for it, I will not do it again. While the food was still very good, the wait staff as a whole seemed to lack attention to detail, appeared exhausted, and had the “I’m never going to see you again” type of attitude. I have only been on one other cruise, which was Oasis class as well, and it felt like morale was much higher.

This is pure speculation but they seemed to give off the impression that MTD was a sort of punishment. 

We did My Time on the Allure in March and didn't like it at all.  I figured we'd try it since it was just the 2 of us and we were had a 4-night specialty dining package so didn't make sense to have a table reserved for us in the Main Dining Room we'd barely use.  We ending up eating only one night in the MDR and were disappointed with the service.  Tried them again during lunch another day and our opinions didn't change.

We're probably going to stick with traditional set-time dining, the wait staff just seems better and it feels more magical.  MTD & lunch times felt rushed and they were more interested in turning & burning the tables.

On 5/2/2018 at 12:56 PM, JLMoran said:

The one notable exception to this is the Quantum Class ships, which actually have four physically separate dining rooms. This was due to the original concept of Dynamic Dining that the ships were designed to offer, where there was no traditional dining at all and you actually rotated through the four rooms over the course of your cruise; each room had different decor and different menu theming (e.g., Silk was Asian-themed, while Chic was gourmet contemporary style)

Don't forget Oasis and Allure. They sealed off the three story dining room and made them into sepsrate dining rooms in anticipation of dynamic dining. 

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

Don't forget Oasis and Allure. They sealed off the three story dining room and made them into sepsrate dining rooms in anticipation of dynamic dining. 

I wonder if they're going to reverse that or otherwise make it consistent with Harmony and Symphony as part of the planned big refurbishments. Otherwise that's kind of a jarring difference to keep around when everything else will be so much more in line with the other ships.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

I wonder if they're going to reverse that or otherwise make it consistent with Harmony and Symphony as part of the planned big refurbishments. Otherwise that's kind of a jarring difference to keep around when everything else will be so much more in line with the other ships.

Personally, I like the grand, multi-story dining rooms. However, the upside of the smaller dining rooms is that they're a bit quieter. I also don't see Royal spending money they don't have to spend to reverse what they've done.

• 8 months later...
16 minutes ago, RC Lib pass. said:

Why a year out would the early dining be full already or are they holding spaces.   There are just two of us.

Welcome to the message boards!

The early seating fixed time dining is often the more popular of the two.  Most people book their cruises a year or more in advance so it's not inconceivable that early dining is full at this point.  You can ask to be waitlisted for early dining if that is your preferred dining option.

A small percentage of the dining seating is set aside for the crew to handle special circumstances on board.