RCI Sales Promotions

Rede411

51 minutes ago, Rede411 said:

I know the recent RCI promotion is ending soon...when does RCI normally do these promotions?...I think I remember around Christmas time and in February....

Thanks,

~E

Depends which promo you are referring to. If it's the instant savings one then like @rjac said they seem to roll in into another. If it's the free gratuities for suites and kids sail free promo then I believe those end tomorrow. I don't know how often they run free gratuities. To be honest I don't even remember the last time they did it. KSF tends to pop up once every few months from what I have noticed. They just did it in August and then it came back in October. 

Trying to get the lowest price promotion for friends for an upcoming B-D cruise in April 2019...wanted to know if the best deals would be February 2018 or if they can find better ones 6 months before the cruise (OCT 2018)  My fear is that the cruise would be sold out if I have them wait too long...

Thank you!

Best advice is to book the current best deal...then you have until your final payment date(prob in Jan of 2019) to change it if you see or find a better deal.

Generally with Royal now, the further out you book, the better the price. But of course keep watching as I have changed and saved money quite a few times.

19 minutes ago, Rede411 said:

Trying to get the lowest price promotion for friends for an upcoming B-D cruise in April 2019...wanted to know if the best deals would be February 2018 or if they can find better ones 6 months before the cruise (OCT 2018)  My fear is that the cruise would be sold out if I have them wait too long...

Thank you!

I agree completely with @monctonguy.  The last few years we book our cruises more than a year in advance and then check prices daily. I have only seen prices rise. Rarely does it go down. You can get your price readjusted anytime before final payment. I've saved a couple hundred here and there that way. The only time I have noticed a considerable price drop is aboit 4-6 weeks before sailing but your friends probably don't want to hold out that long. So book it and watch it.